Dyson Sphere

The First Dysonaut
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Registered
After a lot of trial and error I have finally finish my first Team Hawk mission. I hope this is accepted.

Attachments

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Did you bp edit disable engine heat?
If you did then this is not eligible.

A tip for you: you need a second stage that weighs less than the payload. Make it wide and efficient. Some of the efficient engines on the second stage should be firing as soon as you launch.

Then the first stage should take the remaining space.
GAPS.... That's what you need in order for making space for the engines to fire without burning anything. Valients require a smaller gap than hawks.

All you need is a rocket that weighs less than 800 tonnes, and 8-9 hawks + some valients provide all the thrust you need and then some. You can fit 7 hawks on the bottom, where to place the extra hawks and the big gap they need for not burning stuff is left up to you.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
what version is your SFS app?

Dyson Sphere

The First Dysonaut
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Registered
My Spaceflight Simulator app is currently version 1.5.6.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Then there's something wrong, because your rocket should explode when you turn on those engines. Do you have an explanation?

Dyson Sphere

The First Dysonaut
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Registered
The engine heat from the engines are used to separate the two stages by overheating the fuel tanks. I can share the blueprint of the rocket.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I am sorry, that kind of damaging the rocket is not allowed in the rules, even if it is to get rid of unnecessary parts.

Dyson Sphere

The First Dysonaut
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Registered
I thought it was alright because I didn’t see anything about engine heat destroying parts. I thought it would go under the rule “Nothing (except obviously dumped stages) must be destroyed.”. I guess I will come back to this mission later.

Suggestion: I think you should update the rules to say that engine heat can’t destroy parts to make it more clear. This could help prevent it from happening again for 1.5.6 players.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Suggestion: I think you should update the rules to say that engine heat can’t destroy parts to make it more clear. This could help prevent it from happening again for 1.5.6 players.
That's basically a cheat. Some of the challenges have been made easier because of this (reduced requirements)

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
"Dumped stages" is in regards to damaging or destroying stages after they are detached. For example, imagine you detach a stage and turn on the engine of the next stage. It's ok if the engine of the next stage damages the detached stage in this case, because it has already been detached.

And Marmilo is correct, this challenge used to be 200t before we lowered it because of engine heat not allowing you to closely stack fuel tanks and engines.