ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I would like to attempt:

Quicksave Mercury Mission.
600T Launch.
Reuseable Rocket.

I have done all the Jovian moons multiple times, so I don't want to do that again, nor do I want previous credit.

Mercury: Whatever rocket is provided, I will attempt the VMMMMM Interplanetary Network Trajectory.

600T: Wow, I have some ideas, leave this one with me.

Reuseable Rocket: I plan to modify one of my existing BP so the first stage is also a big Lander. I already have Ground refuelling platform BPs which I will reuse for this.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I now know how to BP edit, but I don't want to do that again. I find tab switching on my old phone is painful.
Um, there is no need to edit BPs to make a space shuttle. Hell, I very few of my shuttles are edited. I’m talking about a fictional shuttle, your own original shuttle, not an STS replica.

T

TtTOtW

Yes, as much as we LOVE the STS here, we also love originality. So what is better than... an ORIGINAL SHUTTLE?!

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Yes, as much as we LOVE the STS here, we also love originality. So what is better than... an ORIGINAL SHUTTLE?!
Okay you have Piqued my intrest, what are the requirements? Useable Landing gear? Because that would be cool.

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Hmm, you finally do team Hawk now, can't wait to see your builds!

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Task 1 Submission: 1200T to orbit, untouched, no cheats, single launch.

Attachments

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
That's not 1200t, but it surely is more than 600t.

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Um, there is no need to edit BPs to make a space shuttle. Hell, I very few of my shuttles are edited. I’m talking about a fictional shuttle, your own original shuttle, not an STS replica.
So looking at other entries, it just has to look like a shuttle with booster and launches two Satellites?

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Nah, it can just launch a bunch of fuel. But it needs to look shuttle-ish and have a ET/booster

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Hmm, add oil and you soon can become a professor here!!

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Hmm, add oil and you soon can become a professor here!!
Not so sure right now I want to be a Professor, or make the Interplanetary map. I have been doing VEEGA and other similar manouvres while doing the forum rank missions. The data I have collected seems to indicate that predicting the best path is incredibly complicated, even for me. The easiest way is to wing it, and take an educated guess.

BOT, I have the basics of my shuttle, twin opening bay doors which can be locked closed after docking/undocking. I am not happy with how far they open, so I am going to keep tweaking the hinge until I have something that is both safe from damage, and opens wider.

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Can't wait to see your shuttle!

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
So looking at other entries, it just has to look like a shuttle with booster and launches two Satellites?
Requirements for the shuttle:
  • Payload can be anything you want
  • Must liftoff vertically, attached to a Booster, or ET with Boosters.
  • The orbiter must look like a plane.
  • Must be capable to deliver a payload to orbit, using a working cargo bay door.
  • At least the orbiter must land back on Earth, undamaged, and horizontally.
That’s all.

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Requirements for the shuttle:
  • Payload can be anything you want
  • Must liftoff vertically, attached to a Booster, or ET with Boosters.
  • The orbiter must look like a plane.
  • Must be capable to deliver a payload to orbit, using a working cargo bay door.
  • At least the orbiter must land back on Earth, undamaged, and horizontally.
That’s all.
Wait wha? Need boosters gar? My skill......

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Right I have one hinge design that works great in zero gravity, basically one extending strut, a pair of 2m seperators, and a pair of 1m docking. Doesn't work in high gravity like parked on the landing pad.

I have another design which works in high gravity, a bit complicated with two wheels, two extending struts and a pair of 1m docking. Problem is the design is different for top and bottom, so a lot of parts.

I need to come up with something that is simple, and is going to work in both situations, if my shuttle is also going to be reuseable.

Any suggestions?

T

TtTOtW

Right I have one hinge design that works great in zero gravity, basically one extending strut, a pair of 2m seperators, and a pair of 1m docking. Doesn't work in high gravity like parked on the landing pad.

I have another design which works in high gravity, a bit complicated with two wheels, two extending struts and a pair of 1m docking. Problem is the design is different for top and bottom, so a lot of parts.

I need to come up with something that is simple, and is going to work in both situations, if my shuttle is also going to be reuseable.

Any suggestions?
How about a crawler to hold the door while you reload the shuttle?