Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Why you still haven't got the "biker mice from Mars" badge?

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Wheels can be used for landing because of it's property
I am not such a great pilot, but this version of the shuttle has a high power to weight ratio as it comes in to land horizontally with almost empty tanks. Also I have balanced the hover thrusters a bit better since adding that tail wheel.

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I don't see how you'll attach/release the payload though.
I am still working on a lot of little problems.

Recent fixes:

- Put 6 Ion drive counter-lever thrusters on Carriage so Satellite is perfectly verticle when being loaded. Can now dock satellite into cargo bay.

- Made a gap in door to disconnect Satellite later.

- Made Booster Crawler more stable.

- Reduced gap between Booster and Shuttle.

- Safe seperation from booster difficult but not impossible.

Current Issues:

- The fuel tanks in both the Booster and Shuttle are not connecting internally again, zipping bug.

- The Power to weight at launch is slightly higher for the booster than the loaded shuttle, so starting with one engine off. Need to rebalance thrust vectors.

- New mini crawlers don't want to umdock during take-off. I have scrounged more free memory on my phone but it is still lagging.

- I can't refuel the new door thrusters yet, because the tank is hidden behind the fairing still.

- Can't refuel anything from an external source yet, because no free docking ports available.

- Haven't adjusted BP for Rotating Mega Crawler yet. Currently running piecemeal evolution strategy because too many variables.

Screenshot_2021-01-01-01-20-57.png

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

Recent fixes:

- Put 6 Ion drive counter-lever thrusters on Carriage so Satellite is perfectly verticle when being loaded. Can now dock satellite into cargo bay.

Current Issues:

- The fuel tanks in both the Booster and Shuttle are not connecting internally again, zipping bug.

- The Power to weight at launch is slightly higher for the booster than the loaded shuttle, so starting with one engine off. Need to rebalance thrust vectors.

- New mini crawlers don't want to umdock during take-off. I have scrounged more free memory on my phone but it is still lagging.

- I can't refuel the new door thrusters yet, because the tank is hidden behind the fairing still.

- Can't refuel anything from an external source yet, because no free docking ports available.

- Haven't adjusted BP for Rotating Mega Crawler yet. Currently running piecemeal evolution strategy because too many variables.

View attachment 52332
Nice! :)

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Good

Recent fixes:

Current Issues:

View attachment 52332

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend

Recent fixes:

Current Issues:

View attachment 52332
Nice, seems almost completed!

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I am not spamming, well maybe I am, because I would like some clarification regarding the differences between Mission 2 and Mission 4.

Space Shuttle vs Fully Reusable System.

Specific Shuttle needs to be approved, vs Whatever?
Shuttle with Booster, vs Any Two Launch Stages which both must be reusable.
Door which can be closed again, vs Whatever?
Tower Stack, vs Whatever?
Land undamaged, vs Land Refuel and Take-off again.
One flight, vs Two flights.

I am guessing the Fully Reusable System, has to be something like SpaceX?
Can I make a Shuttle, with a Reusable Booster, Land and Refuel it, and complete both missions in one go?
I lost all my old BP on my broken phone, so I will be starting from scratch, and looking at doing it differently this time, but the Orbiter will still look like a Concorde, because Concorde is cool.

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
The space shuttle challenge doesn't need to be fully reused.

The Fully Reusable System does.

The only restriction on fully reusable challenge is that it cannot be an SSTO.;) it can be a shuttle or whatever you want, so long as it's two stage or more and fully reusable.

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Oh, this is the, let's do things in order, or, see if I can do better or worse with the current version.

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Hey sis congrats on Team frontier!