Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
After consultation, the 600t challenge is now the 550t challenge (or 180t for base game) unless you are in 1.4 or earlier (as before).
It was possible to do the 600t challenge with engine heat, but it was harder than before. So the mass has been slightly reduced.

Dyson Sphere

The First Dysonaut
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Registered
Can I use negative mass for the rocket recreation? The rocket I'm doing weighs about 500kg in dry mass. But with the fuel it is about 13,000kg. The rocket I'm doing is the latest version of the Electron rocket by Rocket Labs.
Correct if I'm wrong about the weight.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Can I use negative mass for the rocket recreation? The rocket I'm doing weighs about 500kg in dry mass. But with the fuel it is about 13,000kg. The rocket I'm doing is the latest version of the Electron rocket by Rocket Labs.
Correct if I'm wrong about the weight.
You don't have to worry about the weight for rocket recreations, this is not took into account. So you don't need negative mass :)

However I have a question myself: how would you do that?

Dyson Sphere

The First Dysonaut
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Registered
You don't have to worry about the weight for rocket recreations, this is not took into account. So you don't need negative mass :)
That’s good to know.

However I have a question myself: how would you do that?
Before-
E88B297D-EFF4-4402-BE27-CB73CF39A4D1.png

After-
9B025589-0F43-4214-9D0B-6EC77C778621.png

Result-
026F11C8-C51B-4342-A504-E6253B0A25D5.jpeg

A rocket with zero mass launches its shot out of existence. (Or gone Interstellar/under ground)

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
T

TtTOtW

That shouldn't work. And that is a pretty big cheat, so we'll definitely be looking out for that in challenges from now on.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
That shouldn't work. And that is a pretty big cheat, so we'll definitely be looking out for that in challenges from now on.
Do negative fuel tanks still work too?

Anikta

Man on the Moon
Registered
If you make a replica of the space shuttle, make it bring a 550t rocket into LEO and use the rocket to go to mercury you can kill 3 birds with one stone and get Team Hawk in one shot

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
If you make a replica of the space shuttle, make it bring a 550t rocket into LEO and use the rocket to go to mercury you can kill 3 birds with one stone and get Team Hawk in one shot
Well, you have to do the mercury mission from the supplied quicksave, and also good luck doing atlas with a shuttle.

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Déjà vu - Question about Parachutes

“As Parachutes are one-offs items”

Am I allowed to replace used parachutes (plus a docking port that attaches them)? As part of the refuelling stage?

or

Use one set on the first decent and a second set on the next?

or

Are they basically outlawed for this challenge due to their one shot nature?

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Basically parachutes are a consumable, if they're involved in the landing they need to be replaced for the next one.

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Basically parachutes are a consumable, if they're involved in the landing they need to be replaced for the next one.
Option 1 works for me, I'm going to try to replace the parachutes with the ground refueling station.

Space_geek25

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Hi I have a question with the mercury Landing. Are we allowed to use Venus for gravity assist /aerobraking?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hi I have a question with the mercury Landing. Are we allowed to use Venus for gravity assist /aerobraking?
It is not only allowed, it is highly recommended. The challenge is precisely about that, you can't succeed without using gravity assist. Aerobraking would be counterproductive however, it would reduce the power of your gravity assist.