Team Hawk Instructions!

Match Animation

TEAM HAWK
Under Pressure
Registered
If I am free version player and do copycat the missions so how to do there have no colors for u and the bp size is so small

Also Jupiter need game pass

Luckliy I bought them

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Colours aren't required and there's plenty of small rockets.
Also for Jupiter, the first post says this:
Land on a Jovian Moon and get back to Earth, just like the previous Mars and Moon missions. For base-game and pre-1.4 players, perform a flyby of all the bodies in the system and return to Earth safely. Orbital assembly as well as Launchpad assembly is allowed.

Finally....
If I am free version player and do copycat the missions so how to do there have no colors for u and the bp size is so small
Also Jupiter need game pass
Condense your posts! You have team frontier, use it it condense!
For now I merged them, because this thread should not be cluttered up.

Match Animation

TEAM HAWK
Under Pressure
Registered
Colours aren't required and there's plenty of small rockets.
Also for Jupiter, the first post says this:

Finally....

Condense your posts! You have team frontier, use it it condense!
For now I merged them, because this thread should not be cluttered up.
Nah I just wanted to make this to discord and let some members having fun also I will trying to short the thread

Realistic Mods

Man on the Moon
Registered
Attempt only after you’ve completed Team Frontier

Overview:
Team Hawk is the final set of challenges. It proves the player dominates SFS, and it is capable to plan and execute complex interplanetary missions, assemble effective launch vehicles, reuse them, to work under pressure, dominates the vital gravity assist, and can replicate a real rocket. Only three of the six missions need to be completed in order to get the rank, the three of your choice. As an exception, the Mercury Landing automatically awards Team Hawk If completed under certain conditions.

What it unlocks?

[Will be filled soon!]

Missions (they can be completed in any order, at least three of them must be completed):
  1. Land on a Jovian Moon and get back to Earth, just like the previous Mars and Moon missions. For base-game and pre-1.4 players, perform a flyby of all the bodies in the system and return to Earth safely. Orbital assembly as well as Launchpad assembly is allowed.
  2. Build a space shuttle approved by TtTOtW or Blazer. The shuttle must be capable to deploy a payload in LEO. There are no restrictions for the payload door design, but it must dock back to the shuttle. The shuttle must liftoff attached to a “stack”, although not necessarily sideways like the STS, shuttles mounted on top of the stack like the X-37 will be accepted too. The shuttle’s orbiter must also land back on Earth, undamaged (any landing method, that is not a glitch or an exploit will be accepted)
  3. Perform a damage-free Mercury Landing with the supplied quicksave (is in the attachments of this post). iOS and pre-1.4 players just recreate this spacecraft: (will screenshot later) put it on a 35 x 35 km Earth orbit (you may use cheats for this), and start the mission from there. Pre-1.5 players must land with both solar panels deployed. This challenge comes with a twist: Automatically awards Team Hawk If completes without breaking any solar panel, Team Hawk requires one more mission if you break a single solar panel, Team Hawk requires two more missions if you break both solar panels. If anything else breaks, your entry is disqualified. Link to the quicksave here: New Ranks!
  4. Build a fully reusable launch system. SSTOs will not be accepted, since the goal of the challenge is to recover, refuel and reassembly all the stages of a rocket. The rocket must be capable to deploy a payload in LEO, then you must land it, reassemble it, and launch the exact same rocket (no second respawn) a second time. You are allowed to refuel the rocket in LEO to land it back, but then the refuel ship must be completely reusable as well. This does not applies for ground equipment and ground facilities, you are free to do whatever you want with them.
  5. Launch 600 tons into LEO. Both rocket and payload must take just one build grid, and just one blueprint. Part clipping, Bp editing and launchpad assembly are NOT allowed. For base-game players, 200 tons. For pre-1.4 players half of these values, since everything was half massed back then. No recovery is required, the mission concludes in LEO.
  6. Build a working 1:1 scale replica of a real rocket/shuttle. It must be able to reach LEO, although suborbital rockets like the Mercury-Redstone will be accepted too. Rockets that have been developed to a point and then abandoned (like the Sea Dragon) will be accepted too. What's not allowed is replicas of sci-fi vehicles, like the Millennium Falcon or USS Enterprise. The replica must be approved by either Blazer or Marmilo.
General Rules:
  • Cheats are forbidden.
  • Nothing (except obviously dumped stages) must be destroyed.
  • Bp editing/part clipping is fine, EXCEPT on the 600 tons to orbit challenge, where it is completely disallowed. Engine stretching is strictly forbidden in ALL challenges.
  • Default Solar System must be used, although purely cosmetical planet packs will be accepted too. As an exception, IRIS by Altaïr will be allowed.
Mission Rewards:

Each mission grants its own badge:

Jovian mission: View attachment 62142

Space Shuttle:
View attachment 62143

Mercury Landing: View attachment 62144

Reusability challenge:
View attachment 62145

600 tons challenge:
View attachment 62146

Replica challenge:
View attachment 68528

Once you have at least three of them, you get the official and prestigious Team Hawk badge, which proves you’ve completed all of the Official SFS Forums’ Rank-Up Challenges:
View attachment 62147

How do I prove that I did the missions?

Any format is fine (screenshots, videos, other), but whatever you submit must show at least these key points:

Jovian mission:
  • Launchpad
  • Earth orbit
  • Arrival to Jupiter
  • Orbit around the target moon
  • surface of the target moon
  • Back to Earth
  • Achievements
  • Base game and pre-1.4 players: Launchpad, LEO, flyby of all planets, landed back on Earth, Achievements.

Space Shuttle:
  • Launchpad
  • LEO
  • Payload deployment
  • Landed back on Earth.

Mercury Landing:
  • Starting position
  • Arrival to Venus
  • Arrival to Mercury
  • Orbit of Mercury
  • Surface of Mercury

Reusability Challenge (for all two flights):
  • Launchpad
  • LEO
  • Landing of all stages
  • Reassembly (including ground equipment)
  • Relaunch.

600 tons challenge:
  • Building grid
  • Launchpad
  • LEO
Replica challenge:
  • Building grid
  • Launchpad

For any questions feel free to ask them here: New Ranks! or in the thread below.

Or here: Team Hawk Instructions! (I completely forgot)
ok, How do we assemble the rocket on Earth, and bring it to launch pad? (Just for Curiosity, as I have not completed the frontier mission)

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
ok, How do we assemble the rocket on Earth, and bring it to launch pad? (Just for Curiosity, as I have not completed the frontier mission)
For the reusability challenge I suppose? That's precisely what the challenge is about. Either you have to land your spent stages on the launchpad or next to it, or you have to provide a solution to get them back.

S

Sportgus

For the reusablility challenge can my rocket have no fairing? And I'm allowed to use clipping and bp editing for it?

Impossible_rockets

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered

Overview:
Team Hawk is the final set of challenges. It proves the player dominates SFS, and it is capable to plan and execute complex interplanetary missions, assemble effective launch vehicles, reuse them, to work under pressure, dominates the vital gravity assist, and can replicate a real rocket. Only three of the six missions need to be completed in order to get the rank, the three of your choice. As an exception, the Mercury Landing automatically awards Team Hawk If completed under certain conditions.

What it unlocks?

[Will be filled soon!]

Missions (they can be completed in any order, at least three of them must be completed):
  1. Land on a Jovian Moon and get back to Earth, just like the previous Mars and Moon missions. For base-game and pre-1.4 players, perform a flyby of all the bodies in the system and return to Earth safely. Orbital assembly as well as Launchpad assembly is allowed.
  2. Build a space shuttle approved by TtTOtW or Blazer. The shuttle must be capable to deploy a payload in LEO. There are no restrictions for the payload door design, but it must dock back to the shuttle. The shuttle must liftoff attached to a “stack”, although not necessarily sideways like the STS, shuttles mounted on top of the stack like the X-37 will be accepted too. The shuttle’s orbiter must also land back on Earth, undamaged (any landing method, that is not a glitch or an exploit will be accepted)
  3. Perform a damage-free Mercury Landing with the supplied quicksave (is in the attachments of this post). iOS and pre-1.4 players just recreate this spacecraft: (will screenshot later) put it on a 35 x 35 km Earth orbit (you may use cheats for this), and start the mission from there. Pre-1.5 players must land with both solar panels deployed. This challenge comes with a twist: Automatically awards Team Hawk If completes without breaking any solar panel, Team Hawk requires one more mission if you break a single solar panel, Team Hawk requires two more missions if you break both solar panels. If anything else breaks, your entry is disqualified. Link to the quicksave here: New Ranks!
  4. Build a fully reusable launch system. SSTOs will not be accepted, since the goal of the challenge is to recover, refuel and reassembly all the stages of a rocket. The rocket must be capable to deploy a payload in LEO, then you must land it, reassemble it, and launch the exact same rocket (no second respawn) a second time. You are allowed to refuel the rocket in LEO to land it back, but then the refuel ship must be completely reusable as well. This does not applies for ground equipment and ground facilities, you are free to do whatever you want with them.
  5. Launch 600 tons into LEO. Both rocket and payload must take just one build grid, and just one blueprint. Part clipping, Bp editing and launchpad assembly are NOT allowed. For base-game players, 200 tons. For pre-1.4 players half of these values, since everything was half massed back then. No recovery is required, the mission concludes in LEO.
  6. Build a working 1:1 scale replica of a real rocket/shuttle. It must be able to reach LEO, although suborbital rockets like the Mercury-Redstone will be accepted too. Rockets that have been developed to a point and then abandoned (like the Sea Dragon) will be accepted too. What's not allowed is replicas of sci-fi vehicles, like the Millennium Falcon or USS Enterprise. The replica must be approved by either Blazer or Marmilo.
General Rules:
  • Cheats are forbidden.
  • Bp editing/part clipping is fine, EXCEPT on the 600 tons to orbit challenge, where it is completely disallowed. Engine stretching is strictly forbidden in ALL challenges.
  • Default Solar System must be used, although purely cosmetical planet packs will be accepted too. As an exception, IRIS by Altaïr will be allowed.
Mission Rewards:

Space Shuttle:
View attachment 62143

Reusability challenge:
View attachment 62145

600 tons challenge:
View attachment 62146

Replica challenge:
View attachment 68528

Once you have at least three of them, you get the official and prestigious Team Hawk badge, which proves you’ve completed all of the Official SFS Forums’ Rank-Up Challenges:
View attachment 62147

Any format is fine (screenshots, videos, other), but whatever you submit must show at least these key points:

Jovian mission:
  • Launchpad
  • Earth orbit
  • Arrival to Jupiter
  • Back to Earth
  • Achievements
  • Base game and pre-1.4 players: Launchpad, LEO, flyby of all planets, landed back on Earth, Achievements.

Space Shuttle:
  • Launchpad
  • LEO
  • Payload deployment
  • Landed back on Earth.

Mercury Landing:
  • Starting position
  • Arrival to Venus
  • Arrival to Mercury
  • Orbit of Mercury
  • Surface of Mercury

• Launchpad
  • LEO
  • Landing of all stages
  • Relaunch.

600 tons challenge:
  • Building grid
  • Launchpad
  • LEO
Replica challenge:
  • Building grid
  • Launchpad

For any questions feel free to ask them here: New Ranks! or in the thread below.

which moon must i land on?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
ok so i ran into a bit of a problem after returning to earth. i dont think its possible to survive reentry anymore unless i can kill 5000 m/s. do you have a solution for this?
Ah, it's true that the challenge doesn't take heat into account. However I'm surprised that you have to kill 5000 m/s... By killing something like 700 m/s you may be able to reenter at a similar speed as if you returned from the Moon, so it should be enough... Have you tried that?

Impossible_rockets

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Ah, it's true that the challenge doesn't take heat into account. However I'm surprised that you have to kill 5000 m/s... By killing something like 700 m/s you may be able to reenter at a similar speed as if you returned from the Moon, so it should be enough... Have you tried that?
I have not. I totally forgot. I will thanks again

Rigel

Swingin' on a Star
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
ok so i ran into a bit of a problem after returning to earth. i dont think its possible to survive reentry anymore unless i can kill 5000 m/s. do you have a solution for this?
Some tips:

First, try to enter Earth with a trajectory as similar to Earth's path as possible. If the angle between your velocities is too high, your relative velocities will be huge. For example:
Screenshot_20220312-105010_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Here the trajectories are quite similar. this leads to a reentry speed of less than 4000m/s
Screenshot_20220312-105457_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Here the angle between us is big. The reentry speed is more than 6000m/s. A huge difference.

Second, save some fuel to break as much as you can just before reentry

Third, choose carefully the minimun heigth for your reentry. Usually, with less than 14km you will fry, and with more than 19, you'll bounce back to space.

This was my case In my recent Jovian mission: I didn't brake enough to land and went back to Space. Luckily, I aerobraked enough to get a very elyptic earth orbit, so I could reenter into the atmosphere a second time, at a much lower speed, and land safely.

Impossible_rockets

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Some tips:

First, try to enter Earth with a trajectory as similar to Earth's path as possible. If the angle between your velocities is too high, your relative velocities will be huge. For example:
View attachment 80119 Here the trajectories are quite similar. this leads to a reentry speed of less than 4000m/s
View attachment 80120 Here the angle between us is big. The reentry speed is more than 6000m/s. A huge difference.

Second, save some fuel to break as much as you can just before reentry

Third, choose carefully the minimun heigth for your reentry. Usually, with less than 14km you will fry, and with more than 19, you'll bounce back to space.

This was my case In my recent Jovian mission: I didn't brake enough to land and went back to Space. Luckily, I aerobraked enough to get a very elyptic earth orbit, so I could reenter into the atmosphere a second time, at a much lower speed, and land safely.
Ok. I did manage to kill about 2000 m/s but it still was to fast (4200m/s). I am experimenting with multiple heat Shields but I will try your method

Impossible_rockets

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered

Overview:

What it unlocks?

[Will be filled soon!]

General Rules:
  • Cheats are forbidden.
Mission Rewards:

Space Shuttle:
View attachment 62143

Reusability challenge:
View attachment 62145

600 tons challenge:
View attachment 62146

Replica challenge:
View attachment 68528

View attachment 62147

Jovian mission:
  • Launchpad
  • Earth orbit
  • Arrival to Jupiter
  • Back to Earth
  • Achievements

Space Shuttle:
  • Launchpad
  • LEO
  • Payload deployment
  • Landed back on Earth.

Mercury Landing:
  • Starting position
  • Arrival to Venus
  • Arrival to Mercury
  • Orbit of Mercury
  • Surface of Mercury

• Launchpad
  • LEO
  • Landing of all stages
  • Relaunch.

600 tons challenge:
  • Building grid
  • Launchpad
  • LEO
Replica challenge:
  • Building grid
  • Launchpad

i am just wondering if i am aloud to kill two birds wit one stone that being the shuttle and replica. if i build a replica of the shuttle could that also be used for the shuttle challange?

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
i am just wondering if i am aloud to kill two birds wit one stone that being the shuttle and replica. if i build a replica of the shuttle could that also be used for the shuttle challange?
Well yes, but then you have to make a dimensionally accurate shuttle that works as well as an SFS shuttle too. :)

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Yes, I used my Ariane V replica for the mars mission (with a lander ofc) and the space station
(Back then replica was in team frontier)

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Updated the general rules in first post:
General Rules:
  • Cheats are forbidden.
  • Bp editing/part clipping is fine, EXCEPT on the 600 tons to orbit challenge, where it is completely disallowed.
    • Engine stretching and "no engine heat" is ONLY allowed on the replica challenge, but not for the rest of the missions. And if you do stretch some engines, you must add the necessary ballast to compensate the advantage, and if you disable engine heat, it must be necessary (replicate engine clusters, minimum thrust, etc).
  • Default Solar System must be used, although purely cosmetical planet packs will be accepted too.
    • As an exception, IRIS by Altaïr will be allowed on all missions EXCEPT Mercury Landing and 600t challenge. Other RSS-like packs may be evaluated in the future.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Can I still get the 600 ton badge even though I don't have the frontier
No, you have to get through the ranks in this order: team Titan, then team Frontier and finally team Hawk. You can submit the mission of course, but you won't get the badge until you unlock team Frontier.