Team Hawk rules

LP64350

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
For team hawk, do I have to do all three? Or will just one be enough? (Sorry if this is in the wrong place)

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Choose three to do then you'll enter team hawk. One is not enough

LP64350

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Might be hard to do Mercury’s landing when I can’t download stuff. But just need to make a fully reusable rocket now, and somehow do mercury landing on IOS.

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
No, reusable rocket is the hardest in my opinion

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Might be hard to do Mercury’s landing when I can’t download stuff. But just need to make a fully reusable rocket now, and somehow do mercury landing on IOS.
make the exact rocket in mercury and send it to its proper orbit in LEO then the mercury mission begins.....

but you can grind it all from mercury to jovian mission...

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
make the exact rocket in mercury
Um, what...?
What iOS people does is recreate that exact rocket in LEO. Then they can do the mission.

Also,
For team hawk, do I have to do all three? Or will just one be enough? (Sorry if this is in the wrong place)
Correct. You only need to do three, the ones you want, and you’ll get Hawk.

However, for a reason that I don’t know because it was never explained to me... if you do the Mercury mission and nothing breaks... you automatically get Team Hawk.

LP64350

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Now my next question is, what is considered 1 meter in the game? Is it one of the small 2x2 square?

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Add oil dude!! Soon you'll finish team hawk

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
He's on iOS james. He can't download the quicksave.

Basically what I meant was it might be hard to do the Mercury mission when I can’t download the quick save.
Well, if you read the post, you'll find that not only are you not the only one on iOS, but that problem has already been solved. See if you can find the solution.

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Here are the requirements to do it on iOS. I’m also on iOS and it is still possible to do. You build this craft, put it in a 35km Earth orbit, then get it to Mercury and land
6BFA4C32-9754-49DB-939D-2032EE034235.jpeg

T

TtTOtW

for a reason that I don’t know because it was never explained to me...
Let me explain. Touchdown with the panels has to be precise, below a very low speed threshold, and all that with very little fuel, high nerves, high gravity and no RCS. And only throttle modulation to save you. Get any of the above wrong in your mind and you take damage. You can run out of fuel. Very likely. Boom. You can have your horizontal speed not under control. Boom. You can get your gravity assist wrong. Boom. You can over-do your braking burn and go back up, and not have fuel for a second shot. Boom. In this challenge you have so much to modulate. Panic? Boom. It measures a ton of skills all at once. Survive, but take panel damage? Well, you got damn close to 100%. So well done, but minus points for the small error that showed up one or more weaknesses. Not mission breaking though.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Let me explain. Touchdown with the panels has to be precise, below a very low speed threshold, and all that with very little fuel, high nerves, high gravity and no RCS. And only throttle modulation to save you. Get any of the above wrong in your mind and you take damage. You can run out of fuel. Very likely. Boom. You can have your horizontal speed not under control. Boom. You can get your gravity assist wrong. Boom. You can over-do your braking burn and go back up, and not have fuel for a second shot. Boom. In this challenge you have so much to modulate. Panic? Boom. It measures a ton of skills all at once. Survive, but take panel damage? Well, you got damn close to 100%. So well done, but minus points for the small error that showed up one or more weaknesses. Not mission breaking though.
Alrighty, lol.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
TBH, I still think Mercury is overrated. Landing there is no more difficult than landing on Mars, and having nerves of steel is very useful, yes, but is not 100 % enough to be called an Expert.

However, I’ll not change anything. I’m just giving my opinion.