Team Hawk Shuttle two

ExoAerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Due to engine values not be equal the Judges would have accepted it as engine stretching and therefore my submission would be denied so i equalized
the engine size values to 0.5 for X & Y Axis so that is fixed

on a another not I decided to redo entire mission because last mission had accidental stretched engine which im not sure would have done anything
but the Judges are incredibly precies so even if I had a 000000000000000000000 this goes on for a while 000000000.01 advantage it would have probably been denied note I’m not complaining at all i like a good challenge:) so anyway here new mission ps I changed color of shuttle because why not

IMG_4027.jpeg IMG_4028.jpeg IMG_4029.jpeg IMG_4030.jpeg IMG_4031.png IMG_4032.jpeg IMG_4033.jpeg IMG_4012.jpeg

Mooncrasher your thoughts a wise humble not trying to take over world puppet master

Attachments

ExoAerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Engine shrink is ok because i does not affect thrust or mass whats so ever i shrank it for cosmetic purposes only

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I'm not a judge or anything but I don't think you are allowed to edit the engines at all. Making engines smaller allows you to fit more in a smaller space and easier to protect them during re-entry.

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Also, how large is your payload? It has to be at least 10% of the whole rocket's weight. You are also not able to clip the payload at all.

ExoAerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
The payload clipping is probably right i will have to redesign shuttle thank you hermes and cosmo for calling me out

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Shrinking the engine is ok.

Generally speaking, stretching/shrinking vertically an engine modifies thrust and fuel consumption in proportion, so in this regard it's fine. The problem is that the engine's mass is unchanged. So if you strech an engine by a factor 2, you have the thrust of 2 engines, the fuel consumption of 2 engines, but only the mass of a single engine, which is considered an unfair advantage. It can be accepted if the appropriate dead weight is added to compensate though.
If you shrink it, this is the opposite situation: thrust and fuel consumption are reduced, but you still have the mass of a full engine, so it's at your disadvantage. Since you can't take advantage of it we have no reason to forbid it, you have to deal with the mass penalty though.