Team Hawk Submissions: Replica Delta IV Heavy

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
*Ahem* SLS, constellation, Orion, Delta IV heavy...

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Looks like it needs to be shortened overall by one single meter, it's 72m high but ULA says the DIVH is 70.7m high. I'm happy to accept a change to 71m, that would be within the 0.5m margin we allow for "easy" long dimensions.
1697815270980.png

Booster nosecones are clearly too pointy, shrink their height. And looks like the transition from straight to sloped on your boosters is too high by 1m.
1697816405942.png

Biggest error is in between the top of the centre booster and the payload bay fairing. That whole section has to be shrunk and moved down, the big second stage tank is too long by about 2m and the whole thing needs to be moved down by a meter so the second stage engine almost touches the orange top of the centre booster.
1697816591989.png

The white and orange parts of your boosters are skewed, if you care about that. Looks like you need to move the transitions down by 2m (closer to 1m for the top-most transition).
1697816241275.png

Attachments

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Looks like it needs to be shortened overall by one single meter, it's 72m high but ULA says the DIVH is 70.7m high. I'm happy to accept a change to 71m, that would be within the 0.5m margin we allow for "easy" long dimensions.
View attachment 108336

Booster nosecones are clearly too pointy, shrink their height. And looks like the transition from straight to sloped on your boosters is too high by 1m.
View attachment 108338

Biggest error is in between the top of the centre booster and the payload bay fairing. That whole section has to be shrunk and moved down, the big second stage tank is too long by about 2m and the whole thing needs to be moved down by a meter so the second stage engine almost touches the orange top of the centre booster.
View attachment 108339

The white and orange parts of your boosters are skewed, if you care about that. Looks like you need to move the transitions down by 2m (closer to 1m for the top-most transition).
View attachment 108337
Ok. thanks.

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
View attachment 108336

View attachment 108338

View attachment 108339

View attachment 108337
So Mooncrasher , I'm doing the booster color transitions. Do you have a complete image of one of the boosters with the overlay. It would make the process of making it 1:1 much easier and faster. Thanks.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
1697986121026.png

Like that?

Or with some transparency?
1697986162581.png