Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Like this:
View attachment 96448
View attachment 96449

And then, when everything's going well, this happens:

View attachment 96450
I get in a super wonky orbit around Earth, not the moon. Everywhere I turn it wont let me orbit or land. I need some help!
Not too sure this is the place to ask this.
That being said, after you do your burn to get your encounter with the moon, time warp when you are close to your periapsis of the moon (closest point to the moon), then decelerate till you have a stable orbit

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Yep, the funky line is just showing where you will go if you don't do anything to slow yourself down as you pass the moon.

OkisiTitana

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Ayyy, Blazer Ayanami , can I try to pass this challenge by this way:
1) get into the orbit of the moon
2) send to the moon my new rover and its station (new pathfinder-ish bp)
3) the rest of the spacecraft that remained in orbit is returning to earth

?

Idkgeek

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Ayyy, Blazer Ayanami , can I try to pass this challenge by this way:
1) get into the orbit of the moon
2) send to the moon my new rover and its station (new pathfinder-ish bp)
3) the rest of the spacecraft that remained in orbit is returning to earth

?
1. Blaser isn't on anymore Mooncrasher is the person you want to speak to. 2. You can't make your own challenge and get official badges. If you want to to post the Challenge For Fun in missions and challenges go ahead but if you want to get the badges you must do the challenges specified and give enough evidence to prove so you did so without cheats.

OkisiTitana

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
1. Blaser isn't on anymore Mooncrasher is the person you want to speak to. 2. You can't make your own challenge and get official badges. If you want to to post the Challenge For Fun in missions and challenges go ahead but if you want to get the badges you must do the challenges specified and give enough evidence to prove so you did so without cheats.
Ohhh, I just wanted to ask for specific way to pass the challenge, I didn't want to change any rules

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Its like just moon delivery but spaceship is returning back but rover is still remains on the moon
We are open to some variations, but in this case the purpose of the challenge is that the capsule (or the probe) that lands on the Moon is the one that returns to Earth. Or at least it has to return from the Moon and dock to a return ship, so that the achievement is transferred.

You can think of it as a crewed lander, and the crew has to return to Earth after landing on the Moon. You can leave a rover on the Moon, but the crew has to return.

OkisiTitana

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
We are open to some variations, but in this case the purpose of the challenge is that the capsule (or the probe) that lands on the Moon is the one that returns to Earth. Or at least it has to return from the Moon and dock to a return ship, so that the achievement is transferred.

You can think of it as a crewed lander, and the crew has to return to Earth after landing on the Moon. You can leave a rover on the Moon, but the crew has to return.
Thanks! Gonna prepare big mission with rover, crew, satellite and recovering orbiting spacecraft!

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
UPDATE!

The first post has been updated to include the list of mods we allow. Please check it if you are a Steam player and you play with mods.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hello,

The mission in itself is fine, but you have to use your own rocket, this one is one of the example rockets. The lack of screenshot for Moon orbit is acceptable if you landed directly, but ideally replace it with a screenshot showing your trajectory when you enter the Moon's sphere of influence.

And last but not least, this is the instructions thread, please create your own thread to show your mission :)

Surfylion

Man on the Moon
Registered
The mission in itself is fine, but you have to use your own rocket, this one is one of the example rockets. The lack of screenshot for Moon orbit is acceptable if you landed directly, but ideally replace it with a screenshot showing your trajectory when you enter the Moon's sphere of influence.

And last but not least, this is the instructions thread, please create your own thread to show your mission :)
Ok, I changed my trajectory halfway to the moon surface, do I take 2 screenshots?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Ok, I changed my trajectory halfway to the moon surface, do I take 2 screenshots?
No, one is enough, don't worry. Keep things reasonably simple for you.

Surfylion

Man on the Moon
Registered
Hello,

How different does the rocket have to be?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
How different does the rocket have to be?
There's not a fixed degree of coincidence for us to accept the mission or not, but simply adding a pair of landing legs is definitely too few. Something significantly different would be perfect, like a different engine setup. You can also have a different number of stages or different tanks' sizes. There are many possibilities to be honest, don't limit yourself to a particular configuration!

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Or just add extra cargo to your launcher, some nice small satellite, which you will drop off at low orbit around Earth or around Moon, just for fun, and then changing rocket's design would not be necessary.

Surfylion

Man on the Moon
Registered
There's not a fixed degree of coincidence for us to accept the mission or not, but simply adding a pair of landing legs is definitely too few. Something significantly different would be perfect, like a different engine setup. You can also have a different number of stages or different tanks' sizes. There are many possibilities to be honest, don't limit yourself to a particular configuration!
Ah OK.
Do I have to use a diffrent rocket for each mission?