Team Titan mission

Clavius

Man on the Moon
Registered
Hello,

I decided to fulfill the challenge of Team Titan, i.e. to land on the Moon and return to Earth.

As part of the mission, I also decided to demonstrate the capabilities of one of my spaceships, the ζ-Copernicus class. I added backup fuel tanks and a modified rover capsule for the return home (Copernicus is limited to landing on smaller space bodies due to the chosen engines) to the spaceship after previous experience.

As part of the mission, I probably followed all the rules, I also turned off the "Revert 30s" option. I generally do not use ion engines.

I left a working rover on the moon.

After the mission ended, my Copernicus stood in Earth orbit.

I am sending screenshots below as a record of the mission, some of them contain a time record to be sure. I hope I met all the conditions to complete the mission of Team Titan :)

Attachments

Clavius

Man on the Moon
Registered
Continuation of screenshots:

Attachments

Axiom

The Didact
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I am sending screenshots below as a record of the mission, some of them contain a time record to be sure. I hope I met all the conditions to complete the mission of Team Titan :)
I'm really sorry but I'm pretty sure infinite build space isn't allowed

Clavius

Man on the Moon
Registered
Oh... part clipping is allowed and what I know, it's cheat. I understood it so that cheats like "Infinity fuel", "No gravity" and similar cheats facilitating the start and reach, or preventing the risk of burning in the atmosphere, are prohibited. If that's the case, it won't be too much of a problem to repeat the mission with some "basic" stage rocket , but it's unpleasant...

Ayansh Kothari

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
Oh... part clipping is allowed and what I know, it's cheat. I understood it so that cheats like "Infinity fuel", "No gravity" and similar cheats facilitating the start and reach, or preventing the risk of burning in the atmosphere, are prohibited. If that's the case, it won't be too much of a problem to repeat the mission with some "basic" stage rocket , but it's unpleasant...
And you have to reach low earth orbit

mariohobbs

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
And you have to reach low earth orbit
Technically you don't, all that is required is going to the moon and returning without the use of cheats (except part clipping), Most people don't plan to burn directly to the moon and instead go for LEO, but this guy is just cooler than that.

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Someone did a full Saturn V replica for this challenge IIRC, so it should be fine. I'll check.

Edit: nvm, that was for copycat. For this I'd say it should be fine, IRL we aren't limited to 100m rockets and it's a cool build.

Axiom

The Didact
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Yeah, it's a sick build but unfortunately rules are rules :confused:

Clavius

Man on the Moon
Registered
Keep calm guys :D I've already built a spaceship that I've tried a few times already (TOTALLY cheat-free of course). I'll post the screens from the mission soon ;) I could have, but during the last descent I accidentally blew up the capsule on space debris :rolleyes:

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Yep, after all; if you time it right you can use infinite build area to launch at lunar surface height
Honestly that's more impressive than flying the mission normally.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
All good, badge granted :cool:
Epic launcher for the first one, but yeah, unfortunately we have strict rules for the official challenges. Clipping is tolerated because free players have less build space and sometimes it's necessary to compensate, but this is an exception.

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered