The Moon Tour

I'm actually in the Moon landing sequence and the rocket I use was just about to hit my lunar station. I think there was like 5-10 Meters of distance at one moment... View attachment 41780
i know the feeling, I am working on my moon orbital station right now and my first station part is in orbit on the same hight, but in oposite direction, i don't wonna delete it, it was my first machine to orbit the moon and to get on prefect orbit, but it SUPER scary and dangerous to don't crash it, once it even hitted my cargo door while docking it to the station(i had quicksafe)

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
i know the feeling, I am working on my moon orbital station right now and my first station part is in orbit on the same hight, but in oposite direction, i don't wonna delete it, it was my first machine to orbit the moon and to get on prefect orbit, but it SUPER scary and dangerous to don't crash it, once it even hitted my cargo door while docking it to the station(i had quicksafe)

Just as an outlandish suggestion, why not move one of the stations to a slightly different orbit? So, you know, they're not in each others way?
Or doesn't common sense translate into orbital mechanics?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I mean what will be epic then? +Even if I want I can't, both stations are nearby out of fuel
Epic. You use that word, but after several lines complaining about the event, I again question if you understand the meaning of said word.

Also, re-fueling has been a thing for...3 years now. Give or take.

It's with many tears that I announce you a bad news.... I hit the moon surface with to much speed so my rocket explosed and my secundary Rover was destroyed... After few meters, my ion engines pushed me with to much speed and I hit the ground with more than 10m.s-1.... The Lag Monster is dead on the Moon surface... View attachment 41784 View attachment 41783
try flipping the rover on it's wheels, new mission will take too long

Welcome here to participate in the Moon Tour !!

What's the "Moon Tour" ?
Well the "Moon Tour" is a World Tour but on the Moon. You have to drive a Rover all around the Moon.
Rules :

- You have to drive, not to fly or orbit around the Moon, so you must have functionnal wheels.
-You can use reactors to increase your speed (like that : (Work on Progress fast rover))
View attachment 41740

- No cheat when you are driving your Rover.
-Cheats are ok only for 0g assembly
-Land something that show your departure and your finish like
-Of course DLC use is ok
-BP editing is ok (I'll try to do without personnaly)

Personnally, I'm still testing few Rovers for this Moon Tour (you saw one in this thread presentation). When I'll finish my challenge I'll show you some screenshots when I've finish it !!

Have fun and feel free to ask me some questions !!
can i refuel by sending some fuel tanks

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I don't think that would work in SFS, because of the torque from the probe or capsule. You'd press the arrow button to move, and the wheel would spin but the probe would make the whole thing fall over.
However, if you can make one that works, why not?

Be aware it has to spend as much time in contact with the ground as a rover does, because as far as I know this is a driving challenge.....

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Great, just keep goin on!

Welcome here to participate in the Moon Tour !!

What's the "Moon Tour" ?
Well the "Moon Tour" is a World Tour but on the Moon. You have to drive a Rover all around the Moon.
Rules :

- You have to drive, not to fly or orbit around the Moon, so you must have functionnal wheels.
-You can use reactors to increase your speed (like that : (Work on Progress fast rover))
View attachment 41740

- No cheat when you are driving your Rover.
-Cheats are ok only for 0g assembly
-Land something that show your departure and your finish like
-Of course DLC use is ok
-BP editing is ok (I'll try to do without personnaly)

Personnally, I'm still testing few Rovers for this Moon Tour (you saw one in this thread presentation). When I'll finish my challenge I'll show you some screenshots when I've finish it !!

Have fun and feel free to ask me some questions !!
Am I allowed to use multiple rovers, for example 3, on different places over the moon? I mean like if I have 3 rovers each one to make 1/3 of the distance around the moon.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
What made you think that?
It's a lunar circumnavigation, one rover has to go all the way around.
Magellan's expedition didn't get new boats in South America and Aisa

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
What made you think that?
It's a lunar circumnavigation, one rover has to go all the way around.
Magellan's expedition didn't get new boats in South America and Aisa
Shame he didn't make it Alive :p