The Moon Tour

AstroThis

«★» Dronid «★» // PT
Registered
I launched my new rocket : Nightmare One. In the Fairing you can find a river with tank wheels style. I'll try my Moon Tour with it
Screenshot_20200715-210153_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

AstroThis

«★» Dronid «★» // PT
Registered
My Rover is land on the Moon on a tiny plateform, one of my oldest moon module refuel it on the surface of the spatial object.
Some screenshots :
Screenshot_20200716-173105_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Screenshot_20200716-173112_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

AstroThis

«★» Dronid «★» // PT
Registered
The plateform are really old because I land them before I had the DLC, that's why they are ugly, Small and not pratical :rolleyes:

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
The plateform are really old because I land them before I had the DLC, that's why they are ugly, Small and not pratical :rolleyes:
Still better than a lot of my builds :p
By the way, don't forget to quicksave ;)

AstroThis

«★» Dronid «★» // PT
Registered
I begin the travel and that's really hard...
Screenshot_20200716-185907_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20200716-185912_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

I travel only that distance and I lost my landings legs, my 2 solar panels and one of my RCS. The Ion engine are useless because it makes the ride very instable. I can travel only with my wheels. My sevrage speed is, I think, 7-8 m.s-1...

AstroThis

«★» Dronid «★» // PT
Registered
View attachment 41852
View attachment 41853

I travel only that distance and I lost my landings legs, my 2 solar panels and one of my RCS. The Ion engine are useless because it makes the ride very instable. I can travel only with my wheels. My sevrage speed is, I think, 7-8 m.s-1...
Average* speed sorry

I find something to make the ride faster, easier and more stable. How ? There's a docking part on the top of my rover, I'll use it to dock the same Rover on the top of the first !

Oh and I forgot to say that I dock a refuel module with Horus (my space station in lunar orbit).
Screenshot_20200716-180021_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Don't look the part made for the docking, I think its a cool idea but not well realized....

Tony

Registered
View attachment 41852
View attachment 41853

I like the idea of the challenge. The French always have a very good idea but their problem after is to market it to impose itself on the international market. Continued. It may take a very long time for you. Great idea. Try to finish your great challenge. Good luck. ( Je suis Français ;-))

AstroThis

«★» Dronid «★» // PT
Registered
I like the idea of the challenge. The French always have a very good idea but their problem after is to market it to impose itself on the international market. Continued. It may take a very long time for you. Great idea. Try to finish your great challenge. Good luck. ( Je suis Français ;-))
Thanks !!
Update of the situation :

The two sale rovers are now docked ! The Nightmare One did perfecly its job ! But... (I always have a problem...) now the new Rover don't move thanks to its wheels but it rolls on itself...
Screenshot_20200716-205125_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Screenshot_20200716-205140_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

My top speed is now about 6m.s-1 ans my average speed about 3m.s-1.
TtTOtW , bad news, I'll take more than 15 hours :oops:

Tony

Registered
TtTOtW is right. The main thing is to finish. If all goes well. You will be the 1st. Good luck. Pay attention to your health. It remains a simple game. (Little cheat. Phone on hold with charger :))

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
You yeeeeeeted out of Phobos space entirely

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Ill design a rover for my version of this tomorrow

AstroThis

«★» Dronid «★» // PT
Registered
I would recommend a lighter rover. Light things always move faster ;)
Yes, I agree ! But I have to do my trip with always the same rover. And I don't want to strart again with a new Rover or change the one on the top of my rover. It will just take me more time ;)

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
It's with many tears that I announce you a bad news.... I hit the moon surface with to much speed so my rocket explosed and my secundary Rover was destroyed... After few meters, my ion engines pushed me with to much speed and I hit the ground with more than 10m.s-1.... The Lag Monster is dead on the Moon surface... View attachment 41784 View attachment 41783
Did you make a retro rockets for landin???

And its a ouchie one.....

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I put many RCS on my rover to land but I used a part of my rocket to slow down. The Lag Monster was to fast and to huge for the Moon. Its design was not adapted for a long trip on Moon
Maybe add another Descent Module in top of L.M. then before touchdown separate it and let L.M. falls into surface with acceptable speed (in which the Wheels will not destroyed in impact)

AstroThis

«★» Dronid «★» // PT
Registered
Maybe add another Descent Module in top of L.M. then before touchdown separate it and let L.M. falls into surface with acceptable speed (in which the Wheels will not destroyed in impact)
The Lag Monster is abandonned sorry. A new Rover is already on Moon. There are others problem on the L.M like the ion engines or things like that

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
The Lag Monster is abandonned sorry. A new Rover is already on Moon. There are others problem on the L.M like the ion engines or things like that
ah yup maybe try medium rovers that capable of medium speed (safe and less lag?) more like curiosity or M.E.R. (thou slightly smaller and lighter i guess??)

possibly i'll send rover too but after i'm done in Saturn production....(which i'll try to evolved it like planned but not produce, crap you nixon and vietgay wars plus watergate)

AstroThis

«★» Dronid «★» // PT
Registered
Hehehe time for the update !

I didn't have any problem during this day, I spent something like 2hours on the Moon Tour.
Here is my position now :
Screenshot_20200717-222415_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

If you watch where I was yesterday you'll see a big difference !! I think I'll arrive at my Moon base in one to two week.
Ok, the challenge is to arrive at my base before or during the 1st of August at 12a.m CET !!

I'm Mad :)

T

TtTOtW

Hehehe time for the update !

I didn't have any problem during this day, I spent something like 2hours on the Moon Tour.
Here is my position now :
View attachment 41952
If you watch where I was yesterday you'll see a big difference !! I think I'll arrive at my Moon base in one to two week.
Ok, the challenge is to arrive at my base before or during the 1st of August at 12a.m CET !!

I'm Mad :)
You know what? I like you. You're mad enough to get very far in this community :p