The shuttle challenge

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I got one word for you: IMPROVEMENT. This fulfills the challenge but with the absolutely minimal requirements.

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Ooh, You gived me a idea

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
No, but that doesn't mean he can't try the Hawk challenges. He just won't get a badge until he completes Frontier.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
No, is faaaaaaaaaaar worse. The shuttle doesn't look like a shuttle and all those struts, RTGs, Ionare causing an absurd amount of drag with the aerodynamics of 1.4.

I suggest using fuel tanks and nosecones to make the fuselage of the shuttle.

Ivory_TURBO

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
I have a problem with keeping the balance in the sts stack type which is why i build on top shuttle designs. I suppose you can't tell me what to improve? I've added more fuel as you said but no idea to make it better.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Mount it however you want. Sideways, or on top of it, it doesn't really matter.

I've already told you how to improve it:
No, is faaaaaaaaaaar worse. The shuttle doesn't look like a shuttle and all those struts, RTGs, Ionare causing an absurd amount of drag with the aerodynamics of 1.4.

I suggest using fuel tanks and nosecones to make the fuselage of the shuttle.
That is still my suggestion, because you still have a lot of draggy things to delete

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
A typo. :)
Is supposed to say "Ions are".

Better. You made the back of the shuttle much .ore aerodynamic. There's still a lot of room for improvement: try to make the cargo door with a fairing, and make the cockpit with fuselage parts, tanks and nose cones.

You also have a lot of RCS in the wrong place, try to use less, and distribute them across the shuttle.