Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I've been using a small file (only 405 lines, only 2 4-part ships) for some experimentation. This was the first thing I tried:
Screenshot_2019-07-27-20-49-32.png

Yeah, you can edit the ship achievements in the quicksave too.

Screenshot_2019-07-27-20-47-24.png

Also, something Else I found out: the file editor I downloaded on my phone will open the qks files without me changing the extension.

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
I've been using a small file (only 405 lines, only 2 4-part ships) for some experimentation. This was the first thing I tried:
View attachment 24131

View attachment 24132
Also, something Else I found out: the file editor I downloaded on my phone will open the qks files without me changing the extension.
I've known about the ability to edit achievements for quite a while now.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Yeah, so have I, I'm just at a place where I can actually report on this stuff now.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
View attachment 24131

View attachment 24132
Lol, Great! Yeah, I was messing around with quicksaves once and saw the achievements, and I thought maybe I could mess around with them, but I Actually never tried.

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
View attachment 24131

View attachment 24132
I did that ages ago, it was something like:
"Hey Ma! Look at me!"

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Alright, but it needs cheats to actually work I found (Unbreakable parts).
Sorry... forgot about this...

Basically, there's a torque value in the qks for the probes. The value is 2. I increased it to 20k... I think I could've gotten it out of earth soi if not for atmosphere (ballistics prevent orbiting).

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
Alright, but it needs cheats to actually work I found (Unbreakable parts).
Sorry... forgot about this...

Basically, there's a torque value in the qks for the probes. The value is 2. I increased it to 20k... I think I could've gotten it out of earth soi if not for atmosphere (ballistics prevent orbiting).
Oh, I did something like that before.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Alright, this is gonna be fun... qks editing my main save again... on my phone... yeah...

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Actually easier than I thought it would be, just had to pull out a fragment. Now for the real fun.

It's time for some fuel level editing.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Alright, so here's what I'm starting with:
Screenshot_20190815-150242_QuickEdit.jpg

The value for the "resource module" is the value of fuel in one of the 6x2 tanks in this Tsar tanker:
Screenshot_20190815-151444_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

I'm really not sure which one, but it shouldn't matter really...
The value is the amount of fuel in that tank in tons divided by 2 (for reasons). Which means, if I multiply 0.1953251 by 2, I get the tons of fuel in the tank: .3906502. Divide that by the tonage of fuel in a full tank (6.75) and I get the fuel percentage: 0.05787, aka 5.787%. The percentage given by the game is 5%, so it checks out, I just want the more complete value for this. The nice thing about the tanks is that the level balances out across all of them.

Next up, I need to figure out how much fuel the Tsar hold when full (yeah, I know, I should know this...). Tbc...

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
So, the easiest way to do this is strip it down, and use the weight of just the tanks...
Screenshot_20190815-162821_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Lol, that'd pry only work for this, but it does work. Okay, so fuel mass is 1370 - 137 (bc 10% is tank mass)... Fuel when full: 1243 Tons

Now, I need to multiply that by the the compliment of .05787: 1243 x .94213: 1171.0676 (The amount of fuel to add to the tanks). Then Divide by 2: 585.533795. Add that to the number already there, and you get 585.7291201 as the number to input into that one fuel tank's resource module.

In theory, once I start up the game it should balance it out with the rest of the tanks and give me a full TFT. But, who knows... time to try.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Holy Shit, It Works!!!
Screenshot_20190815-195601_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Fuel Editing is a success. Once you load the save, the fuel automatically balances out between the tanks. Have fun with this yall.

T

TtTOtW

Most of my builds are either edit free or absolutely minimally edited. Any iOS user can do what I, Cosmo, the good Lieutenant, Blazer, Danny or Horus can.