The Workshops

Nyet. They're attachment points for the internal workings like the hammer, safety sears and the recoil buffer spring retainer
Hey Horus, got any tips on making a reliable straight 12 gauge magazine? Straight for ease of home-making.

I wanna give the ER a fun time digging out all the ball bearings before the poor son of a bitch flatlines.

Thanks

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Hey Horus, got any tips on making a reliable straight 12 gauge magazine? Straight for ease of home-making.

I wanna give the ER a fun time digging out all the ball bearings before the poor son of a bitch flatlines.

Thanks
Good machining.
The smoother and more polished tube interior, the less resistance the shells/spring is going to encounter as it feeds. A strong return spring as well

Good machining.
The smoother and more polished tube interior, the less resistance the shells/spring is going to encounter as it feeds. A strong return spring as well
well I could ream the hole after drilling it to make sure its smooth, but I've got a problem here, the mini lathe I'm planning to buy isn't long enough to accommodate the barrel length I'm going for, I could jury rig a bench drill to pull that off.

I can't buy a shotgun barrel from mossberg or whatever because gun laws. I can't buy any good recoil spring either. So everything has to be made with the shit I've got available.

So the barrel is probably gonna be machined from a stock thick steel tube (still got no idea where to find one), the spring could be made from wire spun on a tube with all the necessary post processing like heat treatment and black oxide.

Hey Horus, I scrapped my grandma's sewing machine (don't worry, she won't be needing it anytime soon) to get to some parts that I think I can make a firearm mechanism out of. Since my room can't fit a rifling lathe to make a rifled bore for a conventional rifle/intermediate/sub round, I plan to make a self-loading shotgun instead.

You know looking at what I have, I think I can plan a full auto mechanism similar to the Kalashnikov pattern, maybe implement fire selector system too to switch from auto/pump action.

1593251377725.png

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
View attachment 41040

Horus Lupercal I need some advice on boring the chamber for shotgun shells.

When the technical presents me with bore diameters like 20.574~20.269mm, could I get away with drilling a 21mm bore hole?
I don't think so. You'd run the risk of the shell falling into the barrel rather than staying at the breech when loaded.
Like it's not as critical as say a rifled barrel where the bore has to be nearly exact otherwise you lose barrel pressure and muzzle velocity cos it's a smooth bore. But you want the breech face to be as close as you can make it.

I don't think so. You'd run the risk of the shell falling into the barrel rather than staying at the breech when loaded.
Like it's not as critical as say a rifled barrel where the bore has to be nearly exact otherwise you lose barrel pressure and muzzle velocity cos it's a smooth bore. But you want the breech face to be as close as you can make it.
Aw man, that leaves me no choice but to use the lathe, which shrinks the max barrel length to 300mm.

Is 300mm smoothbore for a shotgun considered short? Sorry, I have like zero experience with shotguns.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Aw man, that leaves me no choice but to use the lathe, which shrinks the max barrel length to 300mm.

Is 300mm smoothbore for a shotgun considered short? Sorry, I have like zero experience with shotguns.
I've seen shorter rifle barrels. You won't get much range, but short range spread will be good

You won't get much range, but short range spread will be good
Im using it in my house, so range is non existent. If the spread is so big, then I wouldn't even need to bloody aim, I might not even need iron sights, just point the loud end at the general direction of your enemy.

Then imma show it to my Call of Duty gun expert friends and get responses like "weh teh pikehteni rael to poot teh eOtEcH tAcTICol HoLoSighTs, an wEh teH iyern saights"

T

TtTOtW

Im using it in my house, so range is non existent. If the spread is so big, then I wouldn't even need to bloody aim, I might not even need iron sights, just point the loud end at the general direction of your enemy.

Then imma show it to my Call of Duty gun expert friends and get responses like "weh teh pikehteni rael to poot teh eOtEcH tAcTICol HoLoSighTs, an wEh teH iyern saights"
Lol. Kick their asses Cosmo.

Hey Horus. Been a few days since I've worked on the automatic mechanism out of sewing machine parts. Here's what I came up with. Pardon my funny descriptions for I am not familiar with the professional Oxford firearm vocabulary.

1) Assume master trigger is pulled. Weapon unchambered, linear hammer locked in placed by the auto latch (imagine one attached to the C-shaped arm thingy).
1594142335265.png

2) Bolt fully forward and chambered shell, pushes slave trigger which tilts the C-shaped arm (which tilts the auto latch), releasing the linear hammer.
1594142358888.png

3) Weapon fires, bolt flies backwards which resettles the entire mechanism.
1594142430535.png

4) As bolt flies to the rear, linear hammer locks with the auto latch. Imagine the bolt ejecting the empty shell.
1594142445038.png

5) Linear hammer locked with auto latch, bolt now coming back to pick up fresh shell. Back to 1.
1594142476120.png

6) Repeat
1594142491174.png