There's a new rank around here...

T

TtTOtW

Blazer vs BANDWITH: Most realistic Earth.

Texture:
Band
Screenshot_20200825-190232.png

Blaze
Screenshot_20200826-073456.png

BANDWITH has more clarity, though Blazer has the more realistic "weather" look with the clouds. A tough call, until you consider that Blazer did not eliminate the watermarks from the image. So this goes to BANDWITH.

Ground:

Band
Screenshot_20200825-190425.png

Blaze
Screenshot_20200826-071054.png

The grass is actually very bright on Blazer's build. It is more naturally coloured with BANDWITH.

Launchpad:

Band
Screenshot_20200825-190035.png

Blaze
Screenshot_20200826-070855.png

Blazer retained a raised launchpad which is closer to reality. Also, at one point BANDWITH's lower pad caused a glitch of some kind where the rocket would spawn low and then shoot up to ground, overbalance and fall over. This one goes to Blazer.

Daylight:

Band
Screenshot_20200825-190425.png

Blaze
Screenshot_20200826-070855.png

BANDWITH has a very overcast look to his atmo in general. Looks British... Blazer obviously lives a bit closer to Miami... So... tough call, guys. But, stars should not be visible in daylight. BANDWITH gets this one.

Dusk/Dawn:

Band
Screenshot_20200825-190313.png

Blaze
Screenshot_20200826-071006.png
Screenshot_20200826-091552.png

Blazer has the more lively colours in general, and the transition phase is no exception. That deep blue clinches it for BANDWITH though. 4-1 so far.

Night:

Band
Screenshot_20200825-190035.png
Screenshot_20200825-192555.png

Blaze
Screenshot_20200826-071540.png

The great appeal of Blazer's Earth is its atmospheric clarity. It is a bit much at day, but for night time it is perfect. Blazer said in the making stages that its either clouds or re-entry. I like the choice he made. Also benefits aesthetics in the dark. So this goes to Blazer. No fault on BANDWITH's side, but clouds around the clock is a bit much :).

Re-entry:

Blaze
Screenshot_20200826-073245.png

This is nice. Brings the game alive in a way. 4-3 now.

Landscape:

Band
Screenshot_20200825-192555.png
Screenshot_20200825-214439.png

These features are not small. In fact, the land between the hills are normal. So as you can hopefully estimate, these "little weird bumps" are several hundred meters high. Not quite Mount Olympus, but a very welcome addition. And it is actually too steep for my little cargo truck...
Screenshot_20200825-215718.png

... Sweet!

Atmospheric Seam:
Band
Screenshot_20200825-192313.png

Blaze
Screenshot_20200826-072451.png

This is actually a bit disappointing. Neither of you got it right, so no points here.

So the final score is
BANDWITH 5 - 3 Blazer
One win for the Experts then. Well done.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Yikes. Lol. OK how about your entry for the competition :p
In deferrence to Altair, I'm withdrawing from it. Any result I get would only have been possible on the shoulders of his work anyway and the planning conversations for this competition basically came down to how much patience fuel you can launch into orbit and pray the fuel transfer bug doesn't end your mission.

And even if I do beat him, I wouldn't want to upset Raymans brother anymore than I already have by rendering the launch system with his name obsolete...

I had planned it out though. Was gonna call the completed system the wHEn uPDaTe, in memory of those that after over a year of consistent complaining that they can't play the game until it's updated, have been offline since 1.5 dropped.

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
Blazer vs BANDWITH: Most realistic Earth.

Texture:
Band
View attachment 44427
Blaze
View attachment 44428

BANDWITH has more clarity, though Blazer has the more realistic "weather" look with the clouds. A tough call, until you consider that Blazer did not eliminate the watermarks from the image. So this goes to BANDWITH.

Ground:

Band
View attachment 44429
Blaze
View attachment 44430
The grass is actually very bright on Blazer's build. It is more naturally coloured with BANDWITH.

Launchpad:

Band
View attachment 44431
Blaze
View attachment 44432
Blazer retained a raised launchpad which is closer to reality. Also, at one point BANDWITH's lower pad caused a glitch of some kind where the rocket would spawn low and then shoot up to ground, overbalance and fall over. This one goes to Blazer.

Daylight:

Band
View attachment 44429
Blaze
View attachment 44432
BANDWITH has a very overcast look to his atmo in general. Looks British... Blazer obviously lives a bit closer to Miami... So... tough call, guys. But, stars should not be visible in daylight. BANDWITH gets this one.

Dusk/Dawn:

Band
View attachment 44437
Blaze View attachment 44438 View attachment 44441
Blazer has the more lively colours in general, and the transition phase is no exception. That deep blue clinches it for BANDWITH though. 4-1 so far.

Night:

Band
View attachment 44431 View attachment 44443
Blaze
View attachment 44445
The great appeal of Blazer's Earth is its atmospheric clarity. It is a bit much at day, but for night time it is perfect. Blazer said in the making stages that its either clouds or re-entry. I like the choice he made. Also benefits aesthetics in the dark. So this goes to Blazer. No fault on BANDWITH's side, but clouds around the clock is a bit much :).

Re-entry:

Blaze
View attachment 44446
This is nice. Brings the game alive in a way. 4-3 now.

Landscape:

Band
View attachment 44443 View attachment 44454
These features are not small. In fact, the land between the hills are normal. So as you can hopefully estimate, these "little weird bumps" are several hundred meters high. Not quite Mount Olympus, but a very welcome addition. And it is actually too steep for my little cargo truck...
View attachment 44456
... Sweet!

Atmospheric Seam:
Band
View attachment 44457
Blaze
View attachment 44458
This is actually a bit disappointing. Neither of you got it right, so no points here.

So the final score is
BANDWITH 5 - 3 Blazer
One win for the Experts then. Well done.
Phew, that was a surprisingly intense read...

Good work, Blazer! I like the bright colors.
I also have a recommendation for the next time you make an atmosphere gradient.
Instead of slumping the colors like you did, curve them upwards exponentially.

Like this:
77AE96E3-B30C-46A1-88DF-76BDE9740E45.png

Rather than this:
7A9C763C-CB9C-4FB5-B574-8299E8AB965B.png

It makes it look a lot better.
Y’know how you can see Earth’s shadow on sunsets sometimes? That’s what the curve attempts to replicate.

T

TtTOtW

In deferrence to Altair, I'm withdrawing from it. Any result I get would only have been possible on the shoulders of his work anyway and the planning conversations for this competition basically came down to how much patience fuel you can launch into orbit and pray the fuel transfer bug doesn't end your mission.

And even if I do beat him, I wouldn't want to upset Raymans brother anymore than I already have by rendering the launch system with his name obsolete...

I had planned it out though. Was gonna call the completed system the wHEn uPDaTe, in memory of those that after over a year of consistent complaining that they can't play the game until it's updated, have been offline since 1.5 dropped.
In that case, Altaïr's entry was still awesome, something very few of us could achieve without a weak moment. So the title and prize is his. Congratulations Altaïr :)!

T

TtTOtW

Earl vs. Mooncrasher -Tank war! Most deadly in-game tank. No holds barred!
Gecko Gekkota vs. Etherian Space Program - Most advanced and functional station built around Mars
GuHP20 vs. Roger Jolly - Most capable orbital one man fighter
JL MC.COOL vs. 4KidsOneCamera - Fastest Mercury Landing Return Mission
Jupiter vs. Jez 10 - Best looking and functioning STS replica
Lt. Snakestrike vs. SupremeDorian - Best Ganymede Orbital Inn

These six battles remain. As you can see, it's a tough fight. And it is currently
Experts 1 - 1 Veterans. How about we scorch the Earth with this competition?! :cool:

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Phew, that was a surprisingly intense read...

Good work, Blazer! I like the bright colors.
I also have a recommendation for the next time you make an atmosphere gradient.
Instead of slumping the colors like you did, curve them upwards exponentially.

Like this:
View attachment 44484

Rather than this:
View attachment 44485

It makes it look a lot better.
Y’know how you can see Earth’s shadow on sunsets sometimes? That’s what the curve attempts to replicate.
Thanks, BAND and congratulations, I knew you were going to win, and I said it to TtTOtW, I kinda got frustrated when I couldn't make the surface texture work.

Could you DM me your Earth? I would love to see how it works.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
In that case, Altaïr's entry was still awesome, something very few of us could achieve without a weak moment. So the title and prize is his. Congratulations Altaïr :)!
Thanks TtTOtW :)
And thanks to Horus too. I'm sure the wHEn uPDaTe would have been a valuable opponent :)

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
Thanks, BAND and congratulations, I knew you were going to win, and I said it to TtTOtW, I kinda got frustrated when I couldn't make the surface texture work.

Could you DM me your Earth? I would love to see how it works.
Yeah, sure!

Gecko Gekkota vs. Etherian Space Program - Most advanced and functional station built around Mars

These six battles remain. As you can see, it's a tough fight. And it is currently
Experts 1 - 1 Veterans. How about we scorch the Earth with this competition?! :cool:
!?!
Somehow I’m involved in a one man orbital fighter competition;
Do I have an alternate personality knows about this?

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

i'm still eatin my pop corn here! :D:D:D

idk if ur the second victim of that yummy hamburger!! :D :D :D

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
Crap, somehow I never saw this until just now. Sorry about that. Don't know when I'll take a crack at this, although it looks like Snakestrike is a bit caught up in his own stuff as well so it's not like one of us will keep the other waiting anyways.