Trip to mars apollo style [ remastered/fixed/balanced]

T

TtTOtW

Man you really have no confidence in slow going. You only need ONE Valiant on the lander. Would have saved you 4 tons. In fact, even a single Kolibri would be sufficient.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
15 Titans!?!? I'm sure that if you doubled them, you could get a lot further.
Man you really have no confidence in slow going. You only need ONE Valiant on the lander. Would have saved you 4 tons. In fact, even a single Kolibri would be sufficient.
No, it doesn't work like that. If he had less, it would be slower, and as you know, if something goes faster, it has a higher orbit. One valiant? Too slooow. He would be better off with a titan. Probably could return back to earth and do a powered landing with the same stage:p. xd this is fun

T

TtTOtW

15 Titans!?!? I'm sure that if you doubled them, you could get a lot further.

No, it doesn't work like that. If he had less, it would be slower, and as you know, if something goes faster, it has a higher orbit. One valiant? Too slooow. He would be better off with a titan. Probably could return back to earth and do a powered landing with the same stage:p. xd this is fun
Lol please no Marmilo you'll just reinforce his already warped perception...

Alecs

Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I removed like three engines from each rocket (1st stage ) and clipped more fuel tanks into each other now my TWR is 1.14

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
It's not a bp editing glitch! It's a part clipping glitch!

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Yes it is. The fact that Stef didn't remove it doesn't mean that it was made on purpose. Stef wanted to remove it, but the community already loved it so much that he decided to leave it.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
IT IS a glitch. One that the community liked and begged Stef to don't fix, that's not an official feature of the game, and I understand the iOS community needs it, but it should be fixed, at least for the Android version of the game, who already has bp editing, so what do they want a glitch for?

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
IT IS a glitch. One that the community liked and begged Stef to don't fix, that's not an official feature of the game, and I understand the iOS community needs it, but it should be fixed, at least for the Android version of the game, who already has bp editing, so what do they want a glitch for?
It's just a lot we quicker and easier than bp editing. Android doesn't need it, but all of those "sTeFbRoKeThEgAmE"rs and "wHeNuPdAtE"rs will kill if it gets removed. And actually there is no reason to remove it.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
It's just a lot we quicker and easier than bp editing. Android doesn't need it, but all of those "sTeFbRoKeThEgAmE"rs and "wHeNuPdAtE"rs will kill if it gets removed.
Are you talking about the same guys that said Solar Panel were made of Vibranium cause they were invincible? Or maybe the guys that attached a couple of Solar Panels and 20 RCS to a 5 tons tank and made a Grand Tour? Those guys?

Stef would be an idiot If he takes their opinion seriously.
And actually there is no reason to remove it.
I woudn't be so sure about that, you and I don't know how is the game coded, maybe this glitch broke something else in the code, and, if by fixing this glitch, you also fix something else, then I would PAY to get this bug fixed.

Alecs

Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Are you talking about the same guys that said Solar Panel were made of Vibranium cause they were invincible? Or maybe the guys that attached a couple of Solar Panels and 20 RCS to a 5 tons tank and made a Grand Tour? Those guys?

Stef would be an idiot If he takes their opinion seriously.

I woudn't be so sure about that, you and I don't know how is the game coded, maybe this glitch broke something else in the code, and, if by fixing this glitch, you also fix something else, then I would PAY to get this bug fixed.
Clipping and bp editing should stick to the game in my opinion but should also be considered as a hack or atleast if stef removes editing and clipping he can at least make building space for dlc users infinite or atleast much bigger

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Clipping and bp editing should stick to the game in my opinion but should also be considered as a hack or atleast if stef removes editing and clipping he can at least make building space for dlc users infinite or atleast much bigger
Bigger build screen won't compensate for part clipping.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
It is a glitch as it wasn't an intended function, but it's not an exploit as you don't gain anything from doing it beyond aesthetics.

There's a huge difference between someone that wants to overlap some parts to create a better 3D effect or a specific shape, and those nuggets that think doing the grand tour using electric powered RCS is an achievement.

And a bigger build screen will never be big enough for everyone, unless it is infinite. But if it was infinite, or even just massive. it'd never open. The vast majority of players will never need more than a single DLC build screen, unless it's to participate in a lifting competition.

Making it infinite in scale would do little more than increase the build screen processing requirement and make users lose any point of reference in an endless sea of grid.
Or someone would create an enormous mass of struts the size of a planet or a dyson sphere or a space elevator (or all the other silly ideas people come out with), press 'launch' and then complain on Discord cos the game never loaded again.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
What Stef needs to create is a proper in-game part editor, that's how you satisfy the iOS community and still fix the game.