Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Or a lighter load that existong launchers can handle
The weight isn't the problem, I've shown you several times that this launcher was largely capable with an equivalent payload. Even by doing everything the wrongest way I could I didn't manage to fail, to the point I sincerely can't understand how you proceed.

Seriously, you have to learn dude. And I'm saying that to help you. Practice with smaller and simpler launcher to learn the basics, then you can consider going bigger.

The epic chicken

Grim Reaper
Asteroid Contest Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
The weight isn't the problem, I've shown you several times that this launcher was largely capable with an equivalent payload. Even by doing everything the wrongest way I could I didn't manage to fail, to the point I sincerely can't understand how you proceed.

Seriously, you have to learn dude. And I'm saying that to help you. Practice with smaller and simpler launcher to learn the basics, then you can consider going bigger.
I found the problem
the problem is when i fly i tend to reduce power in the upper atmosphere
i've tried launching with 100% power and have reached orbit
(mission didn't go as planned though)

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I found the problem
the problem is when i fly i tend to reduce power in the upper atmosphere
i've tried launching with 100% power and have reached orbit
(mission didn't go as planned though)
Ok, but now I want to know why you reduce power?o_O

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Don't need to worry about drag as much so i reduce power to save fuel
I showed you how to proceed, on none of my screenshots the throttle went below 100%. I even told you you didn't have to worry about flying at high speed through the atmosphere.

The air density is very low in the upper atmosphere, this is not when you usually experience the most drag. Even in the lower atmosphere drag is one thing, but gravity is still your number one opponent you know.

The epic chicken

Grim Reaper
Asteroid Contest Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I showed you how to proceed, on none of my screenshots the throttle went below 100%. I even told you you didn't have to worry about flying at high speed through the atmosphere.

The air density is very low in the upper atmosphere, this is not when you usually experience the most drag. Even in the lower atmosphere drag is one thing, but gravity is still your number one opponent you know.
oh
Insert meme of me right now
Engines do NOT get more efficient when you reduce power. They still use the same amount of fuel to provide a certain amount of deltaV
i thought they did cause the fuel percent goes down slower

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Remember kids, this is the guy with the most powerful launch vehicle ever created.

Apparently.

yeah probably is
because i follow the degere thing that changes

that launcher that could do that
can't go to the moon on 0.1% power
because it'll shoot past the moon
and i'm launching parts for my moon base
So as a watcher of KSP (troll) I've noticed most SSTOs bend their trajectory to a super shallow AoA to get enough Delta-V to pitch up; not bending with a heavy payload on any rocket that dosen't have fairings is a death wish. This dosen't include any payload imbalances, or you making unspecified edits to the rocket to change center of mass and/or specs

So as a watcher of KSP (troll) I've noticed most SSTOs bend their trajectory to a super shallow AoA to get enough Delta-V to pitch up; not bending with a heavy payload on any rocket that dosen't have fairings is a death wish. This dosen't include any payload imbalances, or you making unspecified edits to the rocket to change center of mass and/or specs
I should also mention you could simply burn retrograde or burn at a lower fuel percentage (Circularise, then use LOW power to get lunar insertion

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I should also mention you could simply burn retrograde or burn at a lower fuel percentage (Circularise, then use LOW power to get lunar insertion
This is a very old discussion. And chicken improved a lot since then :)