Solved Uninstall Reinstall problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jason

Hello,
I uninstalled and then reinstalled the game on my phone, and now I don't have access to the expansion. Purchased through Google Play so I assumed that would be a saved setup. Any way through?

J

jason

As a follow-up, just to see what would happen, I attempted to tap through the expansion preview and tap the 'buy expansion' button, but nothing happened when I did. FAQ worked.

GuHP20

《Sentinel》~ Pres Ben //|**|\\
Professor
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hello,
I uninstalled and then reinstalled the game on my phone, and now I don't have access to the expansion. Purchased through Google Play so I assumed that would be a saved setup. Any way through?
You are logged in with the same Google Play account you have purchased?

E

Earlmilly1

^^^ Thats the problem.
He needs to re purchase the game with thesame account he bought the dlc with...

J

jason

Same Google account? Yes, no change there. I guess let me double check, but I reaccessed the app through the library tab in the Play Store, and it's the only venue/account through which I've ever downloaded it.

J

jason

Confirmed. My Google play account is the same one. Incidentally, (I don't know what difference this makes), but the download is a 30 some mb download, but when installed is registering as 60 some mb sized app. Still the case that the 'buy expansion' button doesn't do anything when I tap on it. Thanks for your help.

S

SFS_is_life

Make sure you are connected to the internet when you open the game for the first time after reinstalling it. This is what worked for me.

J

jason

Make sure you are connected to the internet when you open the game for the first time after reinstalling it. This is what worked for me.
No dice. Made sure I was internet connected on first open after a fresh reinstall, but still doesn't give access to expanded parts.

For further info, I also confirmed the purchase in my Google Play order history.

First off, why would you delete SFS?

Well alright, keep the game, do not delete it for now. Logout of your google account, then log in again. If this doesn't work, try reinstalling it now...
If that doesn't work then I need you to answer these questions:

- Did you sweep your memory? As in an app made to delete memory or sweep ram? (This could in some extreme cases be the problem)
- Did you manually delete files?
- Are you sure you used this google account to buy the DLC with?
- Have you considered refunding and then rebuying?

J

jason

First off, why would you delete SFS?

Well alright, keep the game, do not delete it for now. Logout of your google account, then log in again. If this doesn't work, try reinstalling it now...
If that doesn't work then I need you to answer these questions:

- Did you sweep your memory? As in an app made to delete memory or sweep ram? (This could in some extreme cases be the problem)
- Did you manually delete files?
- Are you sure you used this google account to buy the DLC with?
- Have you considered refunding and then rebuying?
Thanks for your reply. As of your message, the app was off of my phone, as I had tried a series of un/reinstalls (on 'un' at the time).

Ok, I logged out and logged back into my account. Then downloaded the app. No change (out of curiosity, as I said above, the 'get expansion' button won't even tap on my phone to lead anywhere; i'm not sure if that lends any clues, but just to throw it out there).

Now on to your questions:
- I have done no memory sweeps via any apps; though I have had some light apps for junk cleanup in the past, I do not have any at the moment.
- I have not manually deleted any files.
- I am positive I used this Google account for the DLC. Though I have another Google account linked to my phone, that account does not have SFS in its download history at all, let alone the purchase of the DLC. The account I claim to be the right one is the only account I've actively used in Google Play for app downloads since I've had the phone. Further, the account which I used to purchase DLC logs the purchase in my order history.
- Finally, I have considered the refund/rebuy option. It was an option I was hoping to avoid due to the extra steps, though at this point extra steps are in abundance. If you think it would be the best option the way things are, I would do it.

J

jason

An update:

I have tried downloading the app via my secondary Google account which is on my phone, just to see what would happen. Opened the app, and attempted to tap the button for the expansion. Still nothing happened. The button did not work.

J

jason

Ok, thankfully last post here and I can put this to bed. Issue is fixed; I ended up doing a factory reset on my phone, after which, upon downloading the app, it immediately recognized my previous purchase and gave me access to everything.

I'm not quite sure what had happened to make that necessary, whether something in my Google Play stuff had become corrupted, or perhaps corrupted in the app as it was on my phone (perhaps the same stuff that was causing the game to tell me I was landing on the moon when docking with my lunar station). At any rate, the issue is no longer there. Thanks to those who have offered advice.

GuHP20

《Sentinel》~ Pres Ben //|**|\\
Professor
Man on the Moon
Registered
Ok, thankfully last post here and I can put this to bed. Issue is fixed; I ended up doing a factory reset on my phone, after which, upon downloading the app, it immediately recognized my previous purchase and gave me access to everything.

I'm not quite sure what had happened to make that necessary, whether something in my Google Play stuff had become corrupted, or perhaps corrupted in the app as it was on my phone (perhaps the same stuff that was causing the game to tell me I was landing on the moon when docking with my lunar station). At any rate, the issue is no longer there. Thanks to those who have offered advice.
Sometimes when I dock with my Mars Station,the game says I'm on Sun orbit...

Status
Not open for further replies.