VEEGA 1.5 Edition

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Aerobraking on Mars is not usually a good idea if you are coming too fast because the atmosphere is too thin and it won’t break you enough. Even coming from Earth, Mars aerobrake may be a little tricky.

It’s allowed. You cannot call it cheating because it has been used even on real life.
Nice, I plan on using Aerobraking a lot on my next epic.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
The other stars and planets of the Alpha / Beta / Proxima Centuri System, would help with going a low burn. More objects to hopefully get a low burn gravity assist.
That’s a good idea, using gravity assists from the planets is usually the best way to capture around a star. And yes, it can decrease a lot the fuel you need.
I don't really know how many planets my hone can handle yet. WIP.
You would be surprised. I’ve had 170 celestial bodies with just 1GB of RAM. Try with Eternia, if it runs, I think you’ll be fine.

Also, if you ever have any questions related to planet editing, just ask. Many people can help.

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Knowing Physics, Math and Engineering, is not enough. Hard work is also required.
Great thinking skill is also required, so that's why I start gain interest in philosophy

T

TtTOtW

Ok your only problem might be your internal free memory. Clear up another half to one GB and you're on a sweet deal.

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Ok your only problem might be your internal free memory. Clear up another half to one GB and you're on a sweet deal.
To free up 500MB, I would need to uninstall several utility programs. My phone is like my laptop, I do all my 'work' on the same device.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
*laughs at 99% remaining of space, both phone and SD card*

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Me too. My mother has only had Facebook for like 3 days and it already takes 800 MBo_O
The only thing that eats my space is mark...

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Load Eternia and you'll see.
I can load it and browse the planets while sitting on the launchpad.

Then I did stress test, one small rocket in low orbit of starting planet, while zoomed out so I can see entire map, and ramp up timewarp to maximum.

It was choppy half way through, and although it didn't lock up completely, I was not able to reduce the timewarp again. So I had to force close it.

I don't think it is a memory issue, I think it is a processor issue, but I could be wrong.

T

TtTOtW

It is because you're within 5km of another craft. Splitting your craft counts too. It'll go away once you're over 5km away again

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
It might also be that old bug that caused crashings during timewarp... or was that fixed?
If it is a bug, it is worse the more planets I have. This stress test passes on the vanilla premium map, and my map with about 30 planetoids. The size of the map seems to affect what value the maximum warp is, so shrinking my world helped.

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
It is because you're within 5km of another craft. Splitting your craft counts too. It'll go away once you're over 5km away again
Do I have your permission to create my own version of Eternia, to see if my modding skills actually reduce processor load?

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
If it is a bug, it is worse the more planets I have. This stress test passes on the vanilla premium map, and my map with about 30 planetoids. The size of the map seems to affect what value the maximum warp is, so shrinking my world helped.
The problem is not the planets. The bug happens even on default Solar System. But yeah, your phone did handled the 170 bodies of Eternia