Vega Rocket

T

TtTOtW

It will first of all burn only 7.2s on the bottom engine. Assuming there's a Titan in the interstage above it, that will be another 64.8s. The narrower stage, with obviously a Titan in there, has 48.6s of thrust in there. The aero is gonna kill this kid's rocket's performance so bad... then, courtesy of yet ANOTHER obvious Titan, 21.6s worth of thrust. The last stage has a grasshopper for undoubtedly its only hope of glory at 337.5s of burn time. Now, with 142.2s of burn time and a stupidly high TWR, all I see is it either flipping from drag or it going suborbital. If it manages to reach 8km it will likely get close to orbit. But, I suspect he activates both lower Titans. Bad news. The only way he could possibly not flip over, is with the drag glitch not fixed. So, time for a test...

T

TtTOtW

Right. I was right, and wrong. Not enough dragginess to flip the thing. But with payload...
Screenshot_20200503-175658.png

... no good. Just to show how badly drag did kill it though... here's the lowes speed of the main stage before starting to pick up again:
Screenshot_20200503-175439.png

Well... it never made 10km.

Empty though, it reaches orbit. With a grasshopper putting it there.
Screenshot_20200503-182215.png

Overall, no good. I'm not trying to break the kid down, I really am not. I just want him to test his rockets before sharing them!

BenjaSFS☆☆☆

Man on the Moon
Registered
Man, I tried it, this is why I said the first stage wasn't good, but it can reach Moon orbit.

Note: translated by a moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I gave a help (Blazer or BenjaSFS feel free to tell me if the translation is inacurrate, I'll fix it).

That being said, BenjaSFS☆☆☆ please write in english so that everybody can understand you. If you use an automatic translator and it bugs sometimes, please tell us, we will take it into account.

To me, the main problem is broken drag here. If you play with real drag, the separators will make it less aerodynamic than a brick (they are bugged, each separator is considered fully exposed to the air flow, no matter its placement).

Apart from that, the launcher itself is pretty realistic, the number of stages is correct, the use of Hawk/Titan is a good choice too (the first 3 stages run on solid fuel). The biggest problem to me is how the first stage is splitted. I guess you needed 2 engines there, but due to how their fuel capacity is balanced, the engine below will run out of fuel very soon.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I gave a help (Blazer or BenjaSFS feel free to tell me if the translation is inacurrate, I'll fix it).

That being said, BenjaSFS☆☆☆ please write in english so that everybody can understand you. If you use an automatic translator and it bugs sometimes, please tell us, we will take it into account.

To me, the main problem is broken drag here. If you play with real drag, the separators will make it less aerodynamic than a brick (they are bugged, each separator is considered fully exposed to the air flow, no matter its placement).

Apart from that, the launcher itself is pretty realistic, the number of stages is correct, the use of Hawk/Titan is a good choice too (the first 3 stages run on solid fuel). The biggest problem to me is how the first stage is splitted. I guess you needed 2 engines there, but due to how their fuel capacity is balanced, the engine below will run out of fuel very soon.
"The first stage" he said...
You translated "the first step" :)

Everything else is fine :)