Venus Rescue Mission

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Decided to make my own rescue mission with the quicksave supplied by Akuma. Posting somewhere else to avoid cluttering his thread unnecesarily.

SITUATION:
The Lilith 1, an exploration mission, has crashed on Venus. The crew composed by three astronauts is alive, but severely injured due to the impact. They are low on resources, but they think they can survive a few months by using the resources that were stored in their, relatively harmless service module.

Link to the original thread:
My dumb ass underestimated how thick Venus' atmosphere is and accidentally strands the crew of Lilith 1 in it

MISSION:
To save all three astronauts and to bring them home safely.

>Step 1: To send them supplies, shelter, as well as permanent communications (there are no satellites around the planet, so the communication are bad). This must be executed ASAP.

>Step 2: Send a rescue ship, retrieve them, and return them home safely. This must be executed during the next Earth-Venus Transfer Window.

EXECUTION:
Step 1:

Screenshot_2021-07-29-20-17-16-272.jpg

That rocket carries the shelter, the supplies and the relay satellite.

Situation in LEO:
Screenshot_2021-07-29-20-22-26-397.jpg
(^That's the shelter. Obviously the supplies are inside).

Here's where things get a little complicated because we cannot just wait for another transfer window. These people are in danger and we need to get to Venus NOW. So we have to try a very aggressive injection burn for Mercury, to force an encounter with Venus...

Here it is:
Screenshot_2021-07-29-20-27-43-468.jpg

That will get us a transfer time of "just" a few months instead of waiting patiently for the next transfer window.

Anyway, arrival to Venus and aerobrake:
Screenshot_2021-07-29-20-57-49-390.jpg

Separation of the relay satellite:
Screenshot_2021-07-29-20-59-55-566.jpg Screenshot_2021-07-29-21-00-14-035.jpg

Shelter's descent into LVO and deorbit:
Screenshot_2021-07-29-21-16-48-229.jpg Screenshot_2021-07-29-21-22-21-213.jpg

Final landing!
Screenshot_2021-07-29-21-39-11-228.jpg

Success! Now the stranded crew can simply walk to the shelter and get inside. This gives a strong place to resist for an indefinite period of time and ensures they aren't just going to die because of the conditions of their capsule.

Also, the relay satellite has been moved to relay satellite, so now we have communications with them.
Screenshot_2021-07-29-22-18-17-182.jpg

Step 1 completed. Preparing step 2...

Akuma

Man on the Moon
Registered
Oh, wow. This is awesome. Feels kinda good knowing that I got one of the staff members so interested in what I made that they got involved with it. Or something like that. I can't quite put it into words.

Anyways, good luck Blazer ! Although, this is prolly easy for you.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Oh, wow. This is awesome. Feels kinda good knowing that I got one of the staff members so interested in what I made that they got involved with it. Or something like that. I can't quite put it into words.

Anyways, good luck Blazer ! Although, this is prolly easy for you.
You got Blazer the player involved, not Blazer the Admin ;). Anyways, thank you.

Akuma

Man on the Moon
Registered
As for my own rescue mission...

Screenshot_20210730_180451.jpg

My proudest SFS moment. Had to quickly clear debris for the first stage that's about to fall on the service module too lol.

Screenshot_20210730_180315.jpg

Anyways, the three have been moved inside the Temporary Inhabitance Module or TIM which then starts moving to a flatter ground.

Screenshot_20210730_180741.jpg

Screenshot_20210730_180814.jpg

After running out of fuel for the RCS that's keeping TIM from becoming stuck, we abandoned the old service module and continued to our destination.

Screenshot_20210730_181148.jpg

Here it is now.

Screenshot_20210730_181634.jpg

Next, we'll send a relay satellite to orbit Venus as well as more supplies to TIM.

Speaking of TIM, how's your rescue mission going on Timmy?

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Decided to make my own rescue mission with the quicksave supplied by Akuma. Posting somewhere else to avoid cluttering his thread unnecesarily.

SITUATION:
The Lilith 1, an exploration mission, has crashed on Venus. The crew composed by three astronauts is alive, but severely injured due to the impact. They are low on resources, but they think they can survive a few months by using the resources that were stored in their, relatively harmless service module.

My dumb ass underestimated how thick Venus' atmosphere is and accidentally strands the crew of Lilith 1 in it

MISSION:

>Step 1: To send them supplies, shelter, as well as permanent communications (there are no satellites around the planet, so the communication are bad). This must be executed ASAP.

>Step 2: Send a rescue ship, retrieve them, and return them home safely. This must be executed during the next Earth-Venus Transfer Window.

EXECUTION:
Step 1:

View attachment 69933

Situation in LEO:
View attachment 69934

Here's where things get a little complicated because we cannot just wait for another transfer window. These people are in danger and we need to get to Venus NOW. So we have to try a very aggressive injection burn for Mercury, to force an encounter with Venus...

Here it is:
View attachment 69935

That will get us a transfer time of "just" a few months instead of waiting patiently for the next transfer window.

View attachment 69936

View attachment 69937 View attachment 69938

View attachment 69939 View attachment 69940

Final landing!
View attachment 69941
Success! Now the stranded crew can simply walk to the shelter and get inside. This gives a strong place to resist for an indefinite period of time and ensures they aren't just going to die because of the conditions of their capsule.

Also, the relay satellite has been moved to relay satellite, so now we have communications with them.
View attachment 69942

When I saw a the title I could only think of one thing
This

Space pilot

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered

SITUATION:

MISSION:

EXECUTION:
Step 1:

View attachment 69933

Situation in LEO:
View attachment 69934

Here it is:
View attachment 69935

View attachment 69936

View attachment 69937 View attachment 69938

View attachment 69939 View attachment 69940

Final landing!
View attachment 69941

View attachment 69942

I was working on the (not) same thing
And sow this thread-_-

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Step 2: The ACTUAL rescue mission:

Screenshot_2021-07-30-14-11-41-357.jpg

(Yeah, I literally used ALL the space available in the building grid :p).

That rocket carries the main component of the mission: the 250 tons Venus lander, plus the 50 tons mothership (called The Morning Star) that will house both the rescue and the rescued crew during all the journey.

Situation in LEO:
Screenshot_2021-07-30-14-46-36-510.jpg

Yeah, that fuel is nowhere near enough to get to Venus, so we need to do a small reassembly...
Screenshot_2021-07-30-14-53-51-921.jpg

...and call a fuel tanker:
Screenshot_2021-07-30-17-48-47-523.jpg , Screenshot_2021-07-30-17-50-50-583.jpg , Screenshot_2021-07-30-18-00-10-129.jpg

After that the tanker is deorbited and The Morning Star is ready to depart to Venus. This is the arrival to the planet:
Screenshot_2021-07-30-18-20-36-090.jpg

Lander separation:
Screenshot_2021-07-30-18-22-34-425.jpg

Deorbit stage separation:
Screenshot_2021-07-30-18-24-57-740.jpg

And we have landed right next to the shelter!
Screenshot_2021-07-30-18-31-23-982.jpg

The lander carries two astronauts, that will help the three stranded crewmembers of the Lilith 1 in their boarding process.

There is another astronaut in orbit, driving The Morning Star and bringing it down to Low Venus Orbit, ready to pickup the lander.
Screenshot_2021-07-31-00-43-22-091.jpg

Time to leave this planet once and for all...
WE HAVE A LIFTOFF...!!!
Screenshot_2021-07-30-18-48-50-829.jpg

And we are finally back in orbit around Venus!
Screenshot_2021-07-30-18-53-20-080.jpg

Time to dock:
Screenshot_2021-07-30-18-57-15-309.jpg

Transfering the lander's remaining fuel to the Morning Star and relocating the crew capsule to its final position:
Screenshot_2021-07-30-18-58-26-479.jpg

Ready to leave Venus!!!

The return to Earth:
Screenshot_2021-07-31-00-43-47-595.jpg

Crew capsule separation:
Screenshot_2021-07-31-00-13-50-122.jpg

And finally... We got parachute deployment:
Screenshot_2021-07-31-00-17-50-511.jpg

And we have a final happy landing! All 6 astronauts are safely back on Earth!!! :D
Screenshot_2021-07-31-00-23-48-136.jpg

Anyway, that concludes this Venus Rescue Mission. Hope you all like it :)

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Really cool mission, I like the mothership

Akuma

Man on the Moon
Registered
Step 2: The ACTUAL rescue mission:

View attachment 70036
(Yeah, I literally used ALL the space available in the building grid :p).

That rocket carries the main component of the mission: the 250 tons Venus lander, plus the 50 tons mothership (called The Morning Star) that will house both the rescue and the rescued crew during all the journey.

Situation in LEO:
View attachment 70037

Yeah, that fuel is nowhere near enough to get to Venus, so we need to do a small reassembly...
View attachment 70038

...and call a fuel tanker:
View attachment 70039 , View attachment 70040 , View attachment 70041

After that the tanker is deorbited and The Morning Star is ready to depart to Venus. This is the arrival to the planet:
View attachment 70042

Lander separation:
View attachment 70043

Deorbit stage separation:
View attachment 70044

And we have landed right next to the shelter!
View attachment 70045
The lander carries two astronauts, that will help the three stranded crewmembers of the Lilith 1 in their boarding process.

There is another astronaut in orbit, driving The Morning Star and bringing it down to Low Venus Orbit, ready to pickup the lander.
View attachment 70046

Time to leave this planet once and for all...
WE HAVE A LIFTOFF...!!!
View attachment 70047

And we are finally back in orbit around Venus!
View attachment 70048

Time to dock:
View attachment 70049

Transfering the lander's remaining fuel to the Morning Star and relocating the crew capsule to its final position:
View attachment 70050
Ready to leave Venus!!!

The return to Earth:
View attachment 70051

Crew capsule separation:
View attachment 70052

And finally... We got parachute deployment:
View attachment 70053

And we have a final happy landing! All 6 astronauts are safely back on Earth!!! :D
View attachment 70054

Anyway, that concludes this Venus Rescue Mission. Hope you all like it :)
SelfreliantUnconsciousAfricancivet-size_restricted (1).gif

YEESSSS!!! Thanks, Blazer! That is a very quick rescue mission. Can't say the same about mine.

Nagini

ssssnake // has nothing against SpaceX replicas
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Woah! The launcher was huge!

Timmy

Registered
As for my own rescue mission...

View attachment 69948

My proudest SFS moment. Had to quickly clear debris for the first stage that's about to fall on the service module too lol.

View attachment 69949

Anyways, the three have been moved inside the Temporary Inhabitance Module or TIM which then starts moving to a flatter ground.

View attachment 69950
View attachment 69951

After running out of fuel for the RCS that's keeping TIM from becoming stuck, we abandoned the old service module and continued to our destination.

View attachment 69952

Here it is now.

View attachment 69954

Next, we'll send a relay satellite to orbit Venus as well as more supplies to TIM.

Speaking of TIM, how's your rescue mission going on Timmy?
I've finished designing the rescue craft, and have run a couple of test flights to prepare for the actual rescue. Unfortunately I have been busy lately, but I expect to launch this week.