Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
No one did this earlier so..,
20210108_114349_0000.png

Screenshot_2021-01-08-11-37-07-926_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg Screenshot_2021-01-08-10-29-34-216_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg Screenshot_2021-01-08-10-38-54-141_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg Screenshot_2021-01-08-10-46-17-532_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg Screenshot_2021-01-08-10-46-44-089_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg Screenshot_2021-01-08-11-00-20-106_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg Screenshot_2021-01-08-11-10-19-992_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg Screenshot_2021-01-08-11-17-47-390_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg Screenshot_2021-01-08-11-22-40-730_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg Screenshot_2021-01-08-11-24-53-166_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg Screenshot_2021-01-08-11-30-38-916_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg Screenshot_2021-01-08-11-31-07-304_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg
I am getting quite good in reusable missions.
And as always, Blueprints given.

Attachments

SFSAbhishek

/<***@Intricate Crafts are Mine✓***>\
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
How is it?

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Awesome:cool:

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Look like I can use imagination to build things

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I don't always want to use maths in here

SFSAbhishek

Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I don't always want to use maths in here
It depends on what is your build. If it's a mission you will have to look at its maths, but if it's a concept or fiction craft it's not even necessary for it to be able to make it toLEO.

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Ahh god I am not good at the math of rockets

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Is there a list of formula of rocket science?

T

TtTOtW

Is there a list of formula of rocket science?
There are tons.

But most of us just use the delta V equation and TWR (we don't always trust the readout. We combine if with the delta v map to plan our missions if we feel like getting technical. Otherwise we just build and fly, simple.

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
There are tons.

But most of us just use the delta V equation and TWR (we don't always trust the readout. We combine if with the delta v map to plan our missions if we feel like getting technical. Otherwise we just build and fly, simple.
So is there a list of useful and important ones? I've never used them for any mission

T

TtTOtW

Delta v: Δv=g×ISP×ln(mf/me)

g》9.8 (Earth gravity)
ISP》the ISP of the engines that burn on that stage
mf》the mass of the rocket when full (or that stage + everything it carries)
me》the total mass when that stage rsn out of fuel.

TWR=m/thrust

Thrust》 the total of that stage's engines.

Δv map:
DeltaVmap_1.5.png

By Altaïr.

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Delta-V…… look like it is like acceleration of a rocket but more complicated, it include log with Euler's e as a base

SFSAbhishek

Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Delta-V…… look like it is like acceleration of a rocket but more complicated, it include log with Euler's e as a base
Actually Delta-V is change in velocity. If you look at the dimensions,
G: LT^-2, ISP: T and ln(mf/me): is dimensionless so the dimensions of the end result is LT^-1 which is velocity.

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Oh, I understand it now, I think I should investigate it and do thought experiments about it

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Last question, it is a Vector isn't it?

T

TtTOtW

Delta (symbol Δ) means difference. It is always positive, as it is always the greater number minus the lesser number. So the delta of 5 and 3 is 2. Never -2. v is velocity. Velocity is a vector. So yes it is a vector. Δv is the difference in velocity that your rocket or stage can achieve if there is no gravity. Gravity detracts from the potential of the rocket, as does drag. So the rocket spends its Δv fighting the atmosphere and gravity first, and only accelerates after that has been overcome, until orbital velocity is reached. Whatever remains, can be used for missions. Dropping empty stages and boosters reduces me in the equation, thus increasing Δv. That is why staging is so important. Refuelling in orbit increases mf, which also increases Δv.

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Delta (symbol Δ) means difference. It is always positive, as it is always the greater number minus the lesser number. So the delta of 5 and 3 is 2. Never -2. v is velocity. Velocity is a vector. So yes it is a vector. Δv is the difference in velocity that your rocket or stage can achieve if there is no gravity. Gravity detracts from the potential of the rocket, as does drag. So the rocket spends its Δv fighting the atmosphere and gravity first, and only accelerates after that has been overcome, until orbital velocity is reached. Whatever remains, can be used for missions. Dropping empty stages and boosters reduces me in the equation, thus increasing Δv. That is why staging is so important. Refuelling in orbit increases mf, which also increases Δv.
I'm getting so close to actually being able to use this. If I can get engine ISP. Trial and error is so tedious.