Visual Enhancements Mod

The visual enhancements mod for SFS that improves the overall looks of the stock system. This does not include The Sun, Phobos, or Deimos, because personally, I think that the stock textures look good enough. This mod is designed for SFS 1.4, and does not require a mod loader. This mod is compatible with other mods that add on to the stock solar system, because it does not add any new planets or moons, and does not change any orbit heights. The mod replaces the textures of all 5 planets, The Moon, and Jupiter's 4 Galilean Moons with new, beautiful, realistic textures. Some textures such as Mercury, Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto are parts of photos taken by spacecraft.

The mod also replaces the atmosphere gradient texture of the earth and scales it down more realistically, and changes the atmosphere height to 25 km, to scale with the height that the thermosphere of the real earth extends to. The gradient heights on Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Europa are also scaled down to a more realistic scale. but the textures are still stock textures. Other things include reduced time warp heights on Venus, Earth and Jupiter, so you do not have to wait as long when you try to land on one of those worlds. Here are 2 collages: one of the stock worlds, and one of the worlds after this mod is installed. You are free to download these pictures and print them out as posters, but you FIRST MUST GIVE CREDIT TO THE GOLDEN CREEPER IN A REPLY TO THIS THREAD OR ONE OF MY MOD SHOWCASE VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE!!!
SSS.png

Collages: Stock planets and moons as you get them when you first install the game (Above). Improved planets and moons with the mod installed (Below).
VEM.png

Want to get this mod? Download it by clicking here.
1. Download the mod.
2. Move the .zip file to your backup folder and extract it to your backup folder.
3. Make a quicksave of your game and move incompatible mods (ones that replace the stock solar system) to your backup folder.
4. Go to files/saving/worlds/main/ and move your old quicksaves that you made (if any) with an incompatible mod to your backup folder, and delete the persistant .qks file.
5. Copy the resources folder from the downloaded mod to your game data folder.
6. (Optional) Go to the preview folder and copy the quicksaves folder to files/saving/worlds/main.
7. Enjoy the mod!

Game version: 1.4/1.4.0.6
Download size: 10.6 MB
Install Size: 11.4 M

Your rocket appears to launch from Florida as there are launchpads in Florida where rockets take off in real life. I am trying to make this mod make the solar system look more realistic.

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
He is no longer online now…… He makes cool planet packs

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
when life doesn't work, you don't work out with it
This thread hasn't been touched since last year. Please avoid resurrecting old threads if you don't have anything to contribute. That is called necroposting and it's bad.

Nagini

ssssnake // has nothing against SpaceX replicas
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Erm.. that was the weirdest necro ever

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Sorry. I'm not used to it, translation:is it possible to download on 1.5.2.2?
Short answer: just try, you'll see!

This is an old mod however, it was made for SFS 1.4. There's a legacy system that normally allows to read files from previous versions, but it doesn't always work well, so you can expect some issues. That being said, sometimes it works, so give it a try :)

Madara

Registered
Short answer: just try, you'll see!

This is an old mod however, it was made for SFS 1.4. There's a legacy system that normally allows to read files from previous versions, but it doesn't always work well, so you can expect some issues. That being said, sometimes it works, so give it a try :)
Thanks