Voyager Quest

GSP

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hey! I managed to beat Voyager Quest I think! I got to the required speed but didn't capture it, I hope I didn't break the rules, I did damage an emtpy fuel tank when I separated the boosters, hopefully I didn't damage an important part, it was a dumped stage by the way.

Attachments

yonkee

Queen of Awesome
Staff member
Team Kolibri
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
MOTY 2022
looks good, congratulations!

Last edited:

GSP

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
I keep failing, here is how it happened again:

Attachments

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Swap the titan for another hawk and see if that makes a difference.

GSP

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Can’t remember, but I guess The voyagers didn’t really escape the Solar System in real life because They haven’t passed Sedna which is at the edge of the Solar System.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
The voyagers didn’t really escape the Solar System in real life because They haven’t passed Sedna which is at the edge of the Solar System.
The voyagers are in the interstellar medium.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
The Voyager quest is an optimization challenge, you have to find a way to make your launcher more efficient.

For example, have a look at your thrust/weight ratio: 2.55!! Do you really need that much power? A ratio around 1.4 - 1.6 is more suitable for that challenge. That's a good illustration about what you need to do to succeed: you have to limit yourself to what's necessary.

The tutorial is very complete on all those points, you may have a look at it

GSP

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
The Voyager quest is an optimization challenge, you have to find a way to make your launcher more efficient.

For example, have a look at your thrust/weight ratio: 2.55!! Do you really need that much power? A ratio around 1.4 - 1.6 is more suitable for that challenge. That's a good illustration about what you need to do to succeed: you have to limit yourself to what's necessary.

The tutorial is very complete on all those points, you may have a look at it
But, my rocket won’t lift off.