Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
The French are not all brave like him.It is not necessary generalized.Nous humans first and we are afraid for our loved ones and our life like everyone else.
Of course. That's why it's called bravery and not normality. That's not a french thing, it's a human thing. Not many people regardless of nationality have the stones to say to a guy with 3 kills and a half empty handgun 'no, take me instead'

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
Of course. That's why it's called bravery and not normality. That's not a french thing, it's a human thing. Not many people regardless of nationality have the stones to say to a guy with 3 kills and a half empty handgun 'no, take me instead'
Now if only my Battlefield teammates would do that

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
The French are awesome at rioting and revolutions. Likely because they start a fight, realise they can't exactly surrender to themselves and are thus stuck with the conflict until resolution.
I've always enjoyed abusing the French for having a penchant for a white flag until this individual (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnaud_Beltrame) surrendered himself to an IS nutcase in the place of some civvie hostages knowing he was going to get the good news at some point.
Since then I've sorta stopped cos it takes some absolutely ice cold titanium balls to do something like that.
Yes, that guy was truly a hero. You know, even in France there are some brave people ;)
Actually that "white flag" reputation comes from the second world war, when France was defeated in only 3 weeks. France surrendered, but at that point the war was already lost. Most of our troops were encircled by the germans and were defeated by lack of supply. What was left couldn't stop them. We were also attacked by Italy in the end, even if they didn't prove to be a valuable opponent.
Actually the main problem came from the very old and unskilled generals that allowed the german encirclement maneuver, with bad troops positionning etc... The frenches actually fought, but they were doomed because of a critical strategic flaw. :(

And if you think about it, the english army didn't do better at that time. What saved them is their insularity and their navy. Even the russians suffered a lot before turning the fate of battle.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Yes, that guy was truly a hero. You know, even in France there are some brave people ;)
Actually that "white flag" reputation comes from the second world war, when France was defeated in only 3 weeks. France surrendered, but at that point the war was already lost. Most of our troops were encircled by the germans and were defeated by lack of supply. What was left couldn't stop them. We were also attacked by Italy in the end, even if they didn't prove to be a valuable opponent.
Actually the main problem came from the very old and unskilled generals that allowed the german encirclement maneuver, with bad troops positionning etc... The frenches actually fought, but they were doomed because of a critical strategic flaw. :(

And if you think about it, the english army didn't do better at that time. What saved them is their insularity and their navy. Even the russians suffered a lot before turning the fate of battle.

Outdated doctrine, an unhealthy addiction to static defences (the Maginot line), a 'we won last time, thus nothing needs to change' attitude. Both the British and French armed forces were woefully unprepared for blitzkrieg and that new style of combined arms warfare (makes it even worse that the germans had made it quite public about how they were going to do business, there were big thinkers in the UK as well who were getting totally ignored).

Not to say the French didn't fight hard. The rear guard at Dunkirk for example stands out. That and high politics are all that saved the BEF and by extension, the RAF at the Battle Of Britain, the Russians got an absolute pasting at the start of Barbarossa but again were saved by dithering at high command and a healthy dose of bad weather.

And, just as a bit of pub ammo talking about lightening war. The General that holds the record for most miles covered in a single day isn't Rommel, Patton or Montgomery.
Lt. Gen Maurice Rose, French 3rd Armoured Division.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
*N E C R O P O S T ALERT*

Language: F I L I P I N O
Food: Rice, Meat, Rice with Toyo, Fried fish or dried fried fish, water?
Free time: read some books

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Language: Cantonese
Food: Rice, Vegetables, Meat
Free time: Drink bubble tea, sleep, play video games

Last edited:

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Language: Polish
Food: dumplings, meat, potatoes
Free time: idkr

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
*N E C R O P O S T ALERT*

Language: F I L I P I N O
Food: Rice, Meat, Rice with Toyo, Fried fish or dried fried fish, water?
Free time: read some books
The amount of times you've told people to stop necroposting, it's going on hypocrisy now

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
The amount of times you've told people to stop necroposting, it's going on hypocrisy now
Well at least it's not either derailed or non sense post...

Also, no one gonna stop me now... Some guy just turned up the heat. (At least I'm not goin to post a ded thread with no sense post)

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Well at least it's not either derailed or non sense post...

Also, no one gonna stop me now... Some guy just turned up the heat. (At least I'm not goin to post a ded thread with no sense post)
Of course!