Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Also, how do you know it's "null reference"?
That's what the message says: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". The "[0x00000]" is the adress. There should normally be a value different from zero there. Zero is literally called the "null" adress, it's invalid. I'm a software engineer in real life, I'm used to analyse that kind of messages. But without any knowledge of the code there's nothing more I can say.

JMteam09 (Jordi vd Molen)

Staff member
Owner
Fulltime Developer
Team Valiant
Team Kolibri
Thanks for sending the entire folder :D.
I will need some spare time to dig trough some stuff.

Altaïr, In C# object values can be null, which means no data has been assigned to that reference.
Hence: Object reference not set to an instance of an object, You are not referring to an actual object but to a null which is invalid data.

Like i said ill do some digging when i have spare time.
Since i don't actively upkeep SFSML don't expect this to be very high on my priority list.
But ill definitely try to remember it!

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Thanks for sending the entire folder :D.
I will need some spare time to dig trough some stuff.

Altaïr, In C# object values can be null, which means no data has been assigned to that reference.
Hence: Object reference not set to an instance of an object, You are not referring to an actual object but to a null which is invalid data.

Like i said ill do some digging when i have spare time.
Since i don't actively upkeep SFSML don't expect this to be very high on my priority list.
But ill definitely try to remember it!
Ah, thanks for the precision.
I'm more used to C++, where you still handle pointers, and where you can't have a reference not set. Maybe I didn't use the most appropriate terms, but that's rather what I had in mind.

That's what the message says: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". The "[0x00000]" is the address. There should normally be a value different from zero there. Zero is called the "null" address, it's invalid. I'm a software engineer in real life, I'm used to analysing that kind of messages. But without any knowledge of the code, there's nothing more I can say.
Thanks!

Tony

Registered
On PC there is the Geany editor, it is a light and free text editor. The basic functions of an integrated development environment. Thought to have few dependencies and to start quickly, it is available for several operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, BSD and Solaris.