Why shouldn't you leave SFS even you can't afford the DLC?

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
I've seen some people before, asking Stef to make everything free, and after reasoned out, they decided to leave SFS. That wasn't good, he/she may have potential.
I myself is a Base game player, and I found out I feel more alive without dlc, Base Game is more challenging than having dlc, and that is the game's goal, to challenge player.
I also think that some people who want the dlc free mostly uses the cheat. I learned SFS the hard way.
I did this to stop future players leaving SFS just because of not having DLC...

T

TtTOtW

I've seen some people before, asking Stef to make everything free, and after reasoned out, they decided to leave SFS. That wasn't good, he/she may have potential.
I myself is a Base game player, and I found out I feel more alive without dlc, Base Game is more challenging than having dlc, and that is the game's goal, to challenge player.
I also think that some people who want the dlc free mostly uses the cheat. I learned SFS the hard way.
You know I started like you, General. But the people who start easy leave easy, mostly. Look at the moon bases we've seen. The Blazer did more in base game 1.35 than any of us in 1.4 with DLC. And more creatively, to top it all off. You don't depend on the game for inspiration. The game grows in potential out of your creativity. With or without the expansion. Also, in 1.31 DLC we had less than you have now in the base game. And look back at the magnificent builds from a year ago. Granted we had orange tanks. But that was it.

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
You know I started like you, General. But the people who start easy leave easy, mostly. Look at the moon bases we've seen. The Blazer did more in base game 1.35 than any of us in 1.4 with DLC. And more creatively, to top it all off. You don't depend on the game for inspiration. The game grows in potential out of your creativity. With or without the expansion. Also, in 1.31 DLC we had less than you have now in the base game. And look back at the magnificent builds from a year ago. Granted we had orange tanks. But that was it.
I like how the biggest fuel tank were one of the expansions fuel tank in 1.35

T

TtTOtW

In 1.3 we had no docking info at all. We just docked anyway. Without docking ports even.

Bah, they're communists coming face to face with payment for the first time in their life.

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
Bah, they're communists coming face to face with payment for the first time in their life.
Trust me, I saw them every day, those [insert the a hole word here] hate the hard work, they say it's "not worth it" cuz they played some stupid rip-oof

Trust me, I saw them every day, those [insert the a hole word here] hate the hard work, they say it's "not worth it" cuz they played some stupid rip-oof
I also think most of the people here joined for the free 1.35 full download. Out of 10 people who joined in previous weeks or months, only 2-3 were engaged in forum activities. The "free download trail to motivate people to buy the DLC" doesn't seem to be working.

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
I also think most of the people here joined for the free 1.35 full download. Out of 10 people who joined in previous weeks or months, only 2-3 were engaged in forum activities.
Yea, I saw a guy, the first thing he did is viewing the 1.35 thread and never back

T

TtTOtW

It will be full version only, single payment, the price of which has yet to be finalised.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I think those who rage quit SFS that way are... simply not that interested in the game.
To be honest, if they prefer to play free games that will spam them with ads and try to gather their personal data... I leave it to them!

T

TtTOtW

Probably a bit more, considering Steam taking their cut.
I think those who rage quit SFS that way are... simply not that interested in the game.
To be honest, if they prefer to play free games that will spam them with ads and try to gather their personal data... I leave it to them!
Absolutely. This family didn't become so tight-knit by trying to please the masses.

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
This is when I realized that SFS doesn't have ad and
2610AEF2-15DA-41CE-ACAE-4BC948CA0219.png

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I basically just forgot about the ads the game has after getting the DLC. It's always weird to me having them there when helping my Brother with things (he's base game).

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
I basically just forgot about the ads the game has after getting the DLC. It's always weird to me having them there when helping my Brother with things (he's base game).
Wait, base game has ads, I never saw them before
Or maybe I played since 1.2, when there's no ad

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
When I started playing the game there wasn't even an expansion yet, and looking back at it now I am glad there wasn't. Having the challenge of figuring out the whole game from scratch just made it more fun, it added a greater challenge that drove me to get better.

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
When I started playing the game there wasn't even an expansion yet, and looking back at it now I am glad there wasn't. Having the challenge of figuring out the whole game from scratch just made it more fun, it added a greater challenge that drove me to get better.
Same here, it definitely made you push your imagination to the limit