Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
So far I have the start of a starship. i have no idea how to do the heat shields though
View attachment 62239
People usually do them with two fairings. You can change the "Fragment: null" value to fragment: "left" or fragment: "right" this will make it so that only one of the fairing halves will appear once you load the ship. If you change the null value to anything else (like 1) the fairing will be locked. The last one is especially usefull.

yonkee

Queen of Awesome
Staff member
Team Kolibri
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
MOTY 2022
People usually do them with two fairings. You can change the "Fragment: null" value to fragment: "left" or fragment: "right" this will make it so that only one of the fairing halves will appear once you load the ship. If you change the null value to anything else (like 1) the fairing will be locked. The last one is especially usefull.
Thanks! I think I’m going to go with a front facing starship as it’s easier and I’m still learning how to bp edit

yonkee

Queen of Awesome
Staff member
Team Kolibri
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
MOTY 2022
Thanks Stef, I love looking at my space station and a shit ton of white bars

I didn’t want to look at the left side of my space station anyways
3C6D0F9A-107D-4B69-A2C0-038147AFE19B.png

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
This should have never been changed.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Man what a step backwards....

yonkee

Queen of Awesome
Staff member
Team Kolibri
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
MOTY 2022
Man what a step backwards....
Ikr. And this picture was after I zoomed out a bunch, When I first switched to the station it literally covered half the station without exaggeration :/

It’s actually even worse than before, as all the fuel tanks are completely full. At least in 1.4 if your fuel was completely full it wouldn’t show the bars. This is a step backwards from 1.4 even

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Ikr. And this picture was after I zoomed out a bunch, When I first switched to the station it literally covered half the station without exaggeration :/

It’s actually even worse than before, as all the fuel tanks are completely full. At least in 1.4 if your fuel was completely full it wouldn’t show the bars. This is a step backwards from 1.4 even
1.4 was the same as this. The bars were always there.

Astatium_209

Alliance’s Executor // Unstable and Toxic
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
At least in 1.4 if your fuel was completely full it wouldn’t show the bars.
I'm pretty sure they did, look: (don't mind the ugly rocket)
Screenshot_20200503-082942.png

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I’m pretty sure I remember refilling each tank so the bars disappear though
That was in 1.5. In 1.4 and 1.35 you could still see the bars even if the tanks were full.

Also, “liquid fuel”? Is Stef implementing SRBs or something?

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
That was in 1.5. In 1.4 and 1.35 you could still see the bars even if the tanks were full.

Well SRBs are on the roadmap..

yonkee

Queen of Awesome
Staff member
Team Kolibri
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
MOTY 2022

Probably, and while looking in the editing I noticed he made code for temperature resistance so he’s already made plans for reentry

currently the temperature is set to infinite, I’m too scared to see what happens if you change it to a number in case the game breaks

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
How do you change a diameter value for only one side of a fuel tank? Is that even possible?

yonkee

Queen of Awesome
Staff member
Team Kolibri
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
MOTY 2022
How do you change a diameter value for only one side of a fuel tank? Is that even possible?
I’m not sure but I don’t think it’s possible. I thought width_a and width_b would do that but apparently it does something else

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
currently the temperature is set to infinite, I’m too scared to see what happens if you change it to a number in case the game breaks
If Stef did his due diligence... Your part will be now vulnerable to heat, but heat doesn't exist yet, so nothing will happen.:p

yonkee

Queen of Awesome
Staff member
Team Kolibri
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
MOTY 2022
If Stef did his due diligence... Your part will be now vulnerable to heat, but heat doesn't exist yet, so nothing will happen.:p
True but I do hope he does optimization updates before reentry as well as fixing some stuff as a lot of people are lagging and a bunch of stuff isn’t right with the game

Soyuzturtle

«★★★» Grand Admiral «★★★» // PT
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I assume quicksaves in 1.51 will still be usable for those in 1.52?
I don't think I'm going to be updating until the select tool and fuel bars are returned to normal.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
New update, new bugs :p

For the fuel bars that show, it's annoying indeed. However, time-warping hides the fuel bars and the interface, so that's a good solution to make a screenshot.

Big parts are disabled for people that don't own the part extension indeed. Sorry epic chicken.

There's also another bug someone noticed and I could confirm, super launchers that were moved below the build area are now automatically moved in the build area, which defeats their purpose. Here is the SSSLS:
Screenshot_20210502-003955_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

I guess we'll have to build the payload, save it, and merge it manually with the SSSLS blueprint now...

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
You guys wanted this update for so long and now what? You guys hate it just because fuel bars returned and there are some bugs... Man im afraid how you are gonna react to reentry update