The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Back in the Mayan times they said that the world as we know it will end in 2012
We survived that year but I just thought in the 1500s we switched calenders and missed of 11 days so that means we are in 2012 and I just read something that proves this to and the world will end on June 21 2020 (2012) im sceptical about this but what if it's true 2020 has been terrible what if the Coronavirus is to wipe us all out then for example the moon starts coming closer to earth or Yellowstone erupts what do you think if, we survived this year we should make a film called 2020

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Back in the Mayan times they said that the world as we know it will end in 2012.
We survived that year, but I just thought in the 1500s we switched calenders and missed off 11 years so that means we are in 2012.
And I just read something that proves this too, and the world will end on June 21 2020 (2012). Im sceptical about this, but what if it's true?
2020 has been terrible, what if the Coronavirus is to wipe us all out, then for example the moon starts coming closer to earth or Yellowstone erupts.
What do you think if, we survived this year we should make a film called 2020
You are aware of how the Mayan calender works, right?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
It's not a doomsday clock for arm-chair conspiracy theorists. They only had a certain amount of numbers to play with and kept running out. The Mayan calender has reset a few times in history if you look it all up properly.

Also, some calendar some dude made up however many years ago doesn't influence major Earth events. There wasn't a dinosaur calendar counting down to Chixulub. Shit just happens.

As for Corona or Yellowstone, I'm not sure how much Internet you do, but I'd suggest changing your sources or taking a break because Corona isn't wiping anything out except share prices, Yellowstone isn't going to go bang and whilst the Moon is actually getting closer, it has been getting closer since the dawn of time as its orbit decays (like everything in orbit does) but at such a horrendously slow rate that it's not going to fall into Earths atmosphere next weekend.

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
It's not a doomsday clock for arm-chair conspiracy theorists. They only had a certain amount of numbers to play with and kept running out. The Mayan calender has reset a few times in history if you look it all up properly.

Also, some calendar some dude made up however many years ago doesn't influence major Earth events. There wasn't a dinosaur calendar counting down to Chixulub. Shit just happens.

As for Corona or Yellowstone, I'm not sure how much Internet you do, but I'd suggest changing your sources or taking a break because Corona isn't wiping anything out except share prices, Yellowstone isn't going to go bang and whilst the Moon is actually getting closer, it has been getting closer since the dawn of time as its orbit decays (like everything in orbit does) but at such a horrendously slow rate that it's not going to fall into Earths atmosphere next weekend.
As I did say I am sceptical about it because I remember back in 2016 they said the world will end on the same weekend

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
The moon is going 4cm farther away from us every year.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
As I did say I am sceptical about it because I remember back in 2016 they said the world will end on the same weekend
There's been all sorts of doomsday predictions. Nostrodamus, the millennium bug, the 2012 mayan thing. There was one I read where the moon was going to spontaneously explode a few months back.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
There's been all sorts of doomsday predictions. Nostrodamus, the millennium bug, the 2012 mayan thing. There was one I read where the moon was going to spontaneously explode a few months back.
No, that's Seveneves

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
There was one I read where the moon was going to spontaneously explode a few months back.
I never heard of that one.

Reminds me of one of (maybe several?) Doctor Who episodes where the moon was the egg for a giant spider monster or somethin

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
We've already survived so much ends of the World that I'm not scared anymore now. :rolleyes:

By the way, I've had a look at the calendar offered by my post office on my desktop, and I've noticed that it stops on December 31st. From this we can say that the post office foretells that the World will end that day can we?

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I never heard of that one.

Reminds me of one of (maybe several?) Doctor Who episodes where the moon was the egg for a giant spider monster or somethin
Kill the moon with Peter Capaldi

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
We've already survived so much ends of the World that I'm not scared anymore now. :rolleyes:

By the way, I've had a look at the calendar offered by my post office on my desktop, and I've noticed that it stops on December 31st. From this we can say that the post office foretells that the World will end that day can we?
Makes perfect sense. Let's panic! :eek:

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Lets just wait for the Simpsons to predict it

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Oh my god wtf

I remember back in my elementary days when I can't sleep without crying about the end of times. I would even cry from the word "universe".

I watched up some videos about the Book of Revelations and I am apparentlx scared.

T

The Dark in the Light

Personally, I've not been found of the world itself ending, more of humanity breaking down, perhaps after a nuclear war, which to me, seems more likely than Yellowstone blowing up or the Moon deorbiting. Prepping time.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Personally, I've not been found of the world itself ending, more of humanity breaking down, perhaps after a nuclear war, which to me, seems more likely than Yellowstone blowing up or the Moon deorbiting. Prepping time.
One of those two unlikely things is unlikely, the other is impossible via known physical phenomena.

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
One of those two unlikely things is unlikely, the other is impossible via known physical phenomena.
i think the world will end when the sun dies in 5 billion years unless an asteroid hits the earth if the world ends there are 2 ways it could end in our timeline 1 nuclear war 2 virus there are steps to extinction 1 virus 2 famine 3 war and 4 death the most likley countries to cause the end of the world are USA China Russia and North Korea because tensions are high and ww3 could happen soon because kim jong uns sister Kim Yo-Jong are making Military threats to south korea i think this will cause ww3 between NATO and Russia China and North Korea also if a war breaks out will the people on the ISS have to come back to earth or stay up in orbit

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
The world, as we've known it since the Cambrian Explosion at least, will end in far less than 5 billion years.
In less than 1 billion years, the sun will be hot enough to boil away our oceans. No water = no life.
By the time 5 billion years comes around, the earth will already be like Mercury, hot and desolate.

So yeah, the present is a critical juncture. Possibly the only time it will be possible for Earthlings, the only form of life in the universe as far as we know, to colonize the universe. Any intelligent species that evolves on Earth when we're dead won't have a plentiful supply of fossil fuels to get them to the spaceship stage.

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
The world, as we've known it since the Cambrian Explosion at least, will end in far less than 5 billion years.
In less than 1 billion years, the sun will be hot enough to boil away our oceans. No water = no life.
By the time 5 billion years comes around, the earth will already be like Mercury, hot and desolate.

So yeah, the present is a critical juncture. Possibly the only time it will be possible for Earthlings, the only form of life in the universe as far as we know, to colonize the universe. Any intelligent species that evolves on Earth when we're dead won't have a plentiful supply of fossil fuels to get them to the spaceship stage.
well the human race need to start thinking about collonizing new planets than mabye out of the solar system

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
The human race needs to be more forward thinking in general.
All the eAsE tHe LoCkDoWn So I cAn GeT a HaIrCuT is exhausting.

We’ve got a half billion years to get our act together or cede to the rise of our more rational dolphin overlords and go about wandering the galaxy;
Plenty of time to pursue every foolish dead end

Every doomsday cult I’m aware of involves a rebirth into paradise, so I don’t know what all the worry is