Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
That is War. According to Pratchett a bunch of hotshot tv producers anyway ha
It was accurate as is.

Screenshot_2020-06-21-19-11-11-1.png

In the book, War is described as a very hot redhead. All the 'hotshot tv producers' did is cast a hot redhead.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Oh sheet, I was looking at Discworld.
My mistake.

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Well i might be wrong nothing has happened yet we will have confirmation tomorrow when if we still alive

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Dude, seriously?

There is lliterally no way it's real.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
By the way, I had a look at that conspiracy, and I couldn't believe how dumb was the reasoning behind this...

It started about the change of calendar that happened in 1582, when the date was shifted by 11 days. But then, he reasons by considering that the same shift has been applied every year, and then he considers that today the shift has reached 268 years × 11 days = 2948 days, which is practically 8 years.
But as he considers that 268 years has passed since 1582, according to him we are now in 1850.
And finally, when correcting the miscalculation, apparently for him:
21st december 2012 + 8 years = 21st june 2020.

Seriously, if the guy that predicted this is a scientist, then I am a buddhist monk (with all the respect I have for Buddhism). :rolleyes:

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
By the way, I had a look at that conspiracy, and I couldn't believe how dumb was the reasoning behind this...
That and the entire thing started off as a panic because the Mayan calender resets every 5000 years and it happened to fall on a funny date.

Not even the remaining Mayan communities were worried. Only (as usual) the 'educated' West, from the people that brought you the Flat Earth, anti-vaccinations and Reptoids.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
But then, he reasons by considering that the same shift has been applied every year
I'm struggling to understand why he did that...
The calendar was shifted ONCE by 11 days because of 11 days of drift that accumulated over 2000 years.

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Well it seems I was wrong the world isn't going to end thank primus for that so the Mayan calendar was wrong and always has been the end of the world will most likely happen due to nuclear war or an asteroid hitting the earth

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Well of course I was wrong, the world isn't going to end. Thank primus for that.
So the Mayan calendar was absolutely correct but has absolutely nothing to do with doomsday predictions and never has been.
The end of the world will most likely happen due to economic collapse or the sun exploding in several billion years time
Congratulations. You live to conspiracy another day.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Well it seems I was wrong the world isn't going to end thank primus for that so the Mayan calendar was wrong and always has been the end of the world will most likely happen due to nuclear war or an asteroid hitting the earth
ill prefer to nuke due to foolishness of human ........ but asteroid ummmm idkkk

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Haha lol now let's look for more Conspiracies about martians heading for earth in 2045
maybe earthlin comin to mars and put some trashes and ended up heatin mars too (after earth) then more trashes......... jkk

So nuclear is still attractive on the list, with constant non-stop improvement and innovation on this tech, one day it will be almost as safe as fossil/natural gas fuel power plants.

We can't totally abandon coal or fossil fuels, we still have enough to last decades or centuries. Another power source are hydrodams, which have became the second most politically controversial power plants to exist after nuclear.

View attachment 40180

So, we can't spam hydro dams either.
We’ll use all of the fossil fuel that makes economic sense, decades for sure though we’ve probably reached peak already; trouble with coal miners is all those wonderful pick and shovel jobs we reminisce about with teary eyed delusion aren’t coming back any more than the wretched, err, I mean romantic cowboy jobs

Easy coal is drying up, but giant world consuming hard coal mining machines have given it a second wind with all its lung killing silica dust for as long as we can push that

Nuclear power should be top priority for the whole damn world right now but it’s just a side note, millions of great jobs from unskilled to PhD, the research is already done all we have to do is build the damn things and from what I hear we can recycle spent material from old reactors that would be toxic for 10,000 years and bring it down to 100s of years, and we keep at it who knows what’s next...
This is the future, this is leading science, science is everything

Hydro is terrible for a lot of reasons from fish spawns to farm irrigation rights

Wind is not too bad though the rural to urban transmission is a problem and they could use some bat repeller tech would be helpful; but they are a great leveling income for ranchers, the anti-wind movement seems to be one of those false front lobby initiatives put on by some counter interest

Solar needs to be cleaned up as does the entire electronic industry, making things to last and industrial recycling needs a big serious research input

Disposable plastic bottles replaced returnables so the industry could shift responsibly away from itself to the consumer, it allowed industry to effectively pollute for profit and blame the customer; this is the sort of short thinking that created the great pacific plastic disaster with disposable plastic running unrestrained as the producers are deemed largely unaccountable, blame the stupid sloppy masses not the policy that allows such glorious feats of accounting

Catching up on the column...

Concrete!!!
Concrete is the big bucking crazy elephant in the CO2 room, but I hear they’re working on carbonaceous crete could turn all that around if only they could make it literally dirt cheap

Easy coal is drying up, but giant world consuming hard coal mining machines have given it a second wind with all its lung killing silica dust for as long as we can push that
About work place health hazards like inhale-able harmful products, they can be negated if the workers are well equipped with proper PPE's. Unless you're in some lawless shithole like a chinese sweatshop or an unlicensed african gold mine.

Banqiao Dam - 26000 direct deaths + 145000 post disaster deaths
Looks like China has excelled again at killing their own people.

Nuclear power should be top priority for the whole damn world right now but it’s just a side note, millions of great jobs from unskilled to PhD, the research is already done all we have to do is build the damn things and from what I hear we can recycle spent material from old reactors that would be toxic for 10,000 years and bring it down to 100s of years, and we keep at it who knows what’s next...
Yeah but we have only a few hundred years of nuclear fuel, the problem is getting more. If we can't find a way to harvest precious ores off world, nuclear will run into the same bullshit as fossil.

Wind is not too bad though the rural to urban transmission is a problem and they could use some bat repeller tech would be helpful; but they are a great leveling income for ranchers, the anti-wind movement seems to be one of those false front lobby initiatives put on by some counter interest
I fucking hate wind power, gigantic, takes up a shit load of space, unreliable. Like an autistic student that needs his own room otherwise he'll not be to focus.

Disposable plastic bottles replaced returnables so the industry could shift responsibly away from itself to the consumer, it allowed industry to effectively pollute for profit and blame the customer;
Yeah I too think glass is far more eco-friendly than plastic, you can melt it down to make new bottles, similar to steel.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Catching up on the column...

Concrete!!!
Concrete is the big bucking crazy elephant in the CO2 room, but I hear they’re working on carbonaceous conrete could turn all that around if only they could make it literally dirt cheap
The one thing on here i can even have any knowledge enough to speak on. Also there is another side to just being cheap. Most concrete companies including my families try to get stuff that will not go off in heat and give time to finish it. whether that be a foundation, a patio, sidewalk, driveways, etc., etc.. So that concrete you have to make sure its actually fucking workable and not a pain in the ass otherwise your your making a already hard job far more difficult. Also if it does go off fast then that most likely means it wont have time to settle and allow for workers to properly get the concrete vibrated leading to air pockets which lead to cracks which lead to a whole number of issues.