Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
I believe it has to be an existing rocket. Not sure though, ask an admin.

Last edited:

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I believe u=it has to be an existing rocket. Not sure though, ask an admin.
I don't think so. As long as it's based on something real and not something you've made up.
I'm intending on making a designed and documented but never finished rocket as well as a loophole to my 'no replicas' rule.

Otherwise things like Starship/Super-heavy is out of the running.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Is this rocket legal for the second task, Mars return? Total Weight 2000Ton 1stStage thrust 2400T 2ndStage Thrust 800T.
Long as it gets there and back without breaking, anything goes weight wise.

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Can I build my LEO Space Station using these four rockets?

1) Docking Core with own 4 way propulsion.
2) Escape ship.
3) Another Ship to be docked with Station.
4) Large (36m x 16m) Fuel Tank to act as Hab complex.

Attachments

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Smaller white tanks on other three launches become other parts of Space Station.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered

2) Escape ship.
Don't see why not. They're a bit on the big side for a small payload, but they'll get the job done

T

TtTOtW

These entries are just fine, but the replica needs to have been actually built, even if only as a wet dress rehearsal. Yours need to attain orbit with its payload though. Payloads can be anything, and is not counted as part of the launch vehicle, which is the subject of replication.

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
These entries are just fine, but the replica needs to have been actually built, even if only as a wet dress rehearsal. Yours need to attain orbit with its payload though. Payloads can be anything, and is not counted as part of the launch vehicle, which is the subject of replication.
Okay, I will search for something else to my liking.

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician

2) Escape ship.
all you need to do is label, launch and assemble the station, then we can evaluate it :)

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Is this rocket legal for the second task, Mars return? Total Weight 2000Ton 1stStage thrust 2400T 2ndStage Thrust 800T.
Yes, of course it’s allowed. I don’t see why not. All you have to do is go to Mars and back, without breaking anything.

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Yes, of course it’s allowed. I don’t see why not. All you have to do is go to Mars and back, without breaking anything.
I am having a bug with the tripple fairing layout again, the work around I know about, I am not willing toniae for this, so I have choosen to remove the side fairings. Will post screen shots once I manage to pull off the Parachute Mars Landing without breaking a landing leg for touching down just over 10mps, oops.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
I am having a bug with the tripple fairing layout again, the work around I know about, I am not willing toniae for this, so I have choosen to remove the side fairings. Will post screen shots once I manage to pull off the Parachute Mars Landing without breaking a landing leg for touching down just over 10mps, oops.
To be honest I don’t think you need that amount of fuel, you just need a couple more of stages to be a little more efficient. But, is your decision in the end.

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
To be honest I don’t think you need that amount of fuel, you just need a couple more of stages to be a little more efficient. But, is your decision in the end.
The first and second stage of this design is well tested on my phone. I can reach LMO Mars with 14% fuel still in stage 2, it is overpowered for sure, but it is part of my current main project, explore the galaxy, so the extra fuel would otherwise be used to jump from Mars to a Jovian Rendezvous with an Automated refuelling rocket from the Veega Trajectory. The combined fuel load used mainly for landing on the Jovian moons, like in previous adventures. Unlike previous adventures, I plan to use low burn interplanetary orbits which I am working on a map for at the same time. Multi tasking threads for planning out the big one.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
The first and second stage of this design is well tested on my phone. I can reach LMO Mars with 14% fuel still in stage 2, it is overpowered for sure, but it is part of my current main project, explore the galaxy, so the extra fuel would otherwise be used to jump from Mars to a Jovian Rendezvous with an Automated refuelling rocket from the Veega Trajectory. The combined fuel load used mainly for landing on the Jovian moons, like in previous adventures. Unlike previous adventures, I plan to use low burn interplanetary orbits which I am working on a map for at the same time. Multi tasking threads for planning out the big one.
Ah, sorry. I understand.

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Ah, sorry. I understand.
No problem, I don't mind explaining my rationale, and admitting my failures. I only mind if it is like, 'you are a noob for building such a big rocket.' As I demonstrated on Team Titan, I can build tiny efficient rockets too.

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Task 2 Mars return, no damage, no cheats. Images attached. Notes:

-Seperated fairing and shrouds above stage 2 while in LEO.
-Extra Fuel in Stage 2 left in lazy Mars sub-orbit near Phobos while Lander hammered into an early landing approach.
-I stuck the Parachute landing this time without damaging the Left Landing Leg.
-Rendezvous with Stage 2 above Mars was deliberately rushed and not optimal. Fuel Transfered and Stage 2 discarded.
-Arrival Earth SOI, carefully separated side landing pods becuase they still had a lot of useable fuel in them, and let them drift through space on a highly eliptical orbit past Earth.
-Just before hitting Earth's atmosphere, discarded last two stages, which were almost empty by planning.

More images on next post...

Attachments

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
How about this rocket, Gilmore Space Technologies. It had one succesful test flight in 2016 of a single stage, and a failed launch of the three stage version on 2019. It is a hybrid micro rocket, with 300kg payload, so I would need to BP edit and scale it down after building it.

https://www.gspacetech.com/launch