Team Frontier Entry

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
You got accurate measurement tools?
Not currently, I was going to extrapolate from the numbers on the website. I can't find any technical drawing for the Eris, and I suspect that info is currently proprietary. I can use the image to get the proportions right.

SFSAbhishek

/<***@Intricate Crafts are Mine✓***>\
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Not currently, I was going to extrapolate from the numbers on the website. I can't find any technical drawing for the Eris, and I suspect that info is currently proprietary. I can use the image to get the proportions right.
It is quite similar to Electron rocket

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Nice mars mission :) :)

T

TtTOtW

Width is obviously given. The adapter is 0.5m (I'm giving you the closest SFS proportions). The silver band 0.5m. The engines protrude 0.75m, so your choice to round up or down. 1m would look good. The fairing is 4m tall. The 2nd stage is 6.5m tall (the black part I mean) and the 1st stage is 12.5m excl. engines.

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Okay this is my current version, but I can edit it if it isn't close enough to actual scale.
Width is obviously given. The adapter is 0.5m (I'm giving you the closest SFS proportions). The silver band 0.5m. The engines protrude 0.75m, so your choice to round up or down. 1m would look good. The fairing is 4m tall. The 2nd stage is 6.5m tall (the black part I mean) and the 1st stage is 12.5m excl. engines.
This is my current draft version, Exploded view and Assembled view. I think I got the sizing a bit out. I seem to be able to make 0.5m high tanks, but I am not sure about 2.5m high Ion drives?

Looking at the prototype which is painted white, I think stage one is three rockets bolted together and is the 12.5m section below the silver band with the AU flag.

The black section above the silver band, 6.5m would be the second stage, and perhaps the engine for the third stage is hidden in the top part.

The white fairing 4m, is probably Payload and the Tanks for the Third stage. Given the width, I suspect the tanks are shorter and wider than the prototype?

To get 1.5m wide weighing 300kg with 2m high satellite imbedded, the payload needs to be about 1.5mx2m. I can make the payload a different shape to fit inside a fairing, but I fear the fairing will not detach once I break the separator. Is is less than 1m away, so the game will assume it is integral to the payload.

The main aim is to get the payload to the desired orbit, and make it look as similar as possibke to the IRL rocket. So if the fairing doesn't separate, I don't think that is a big issue.

I just need to redesign with the actual sizes now.

Attachments

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Task 2 Mars return, no damage, no cheats. Images attached. Notes:

-Seperated fairing and shrouds above stage 2 while in LEO.
-Extra Fuel in Stage 2 left in lazy Mars sub-orbit near Phobos while Lander hammered into an early landing approach.
-I stuck the Parachute landing this time without damaging the Left Landing Leg.
-Rendezvous with Stage 2 above Mars was deliberately rushed and not optimal. Fuel Transfered and Stage 2 discarded.
-Arrival Earth SOI, carefully separated side landing pods becuase they still had a lot of useable fuel in them, and let them drift through space on a highly eliptical orbit past Earth.
-Just before hitting Earth's atmosphere, discarded last two stages, which were almost empty by planning.

More images on next post...
Page 2 Images for Task 2 Mars...
Page 3 images for Task 2 Mars Return
Nice mission, well done. Approved.

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Oh, and one small block is 0.5m, one big block is 1m
I am having a lot of trouble learning BP editting. One thing is irking me, whenever I try to shrink and engine by reducing x, the BP cannot be loaded by game. Is the a way around this? Because I want to use Kolibri, but they are 2.0m wide (1.0 big squares) while the Ion is 1.7m wide (0.85 big squares.) Given the payload area is at least 1.5m wide, I can't hide the engines and get it to scale.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
I am having a lot of trouble learning BP editting. One thing is irking me, whenever I try to shrink and engine by reducing x, the BP cannot be loaded by game. Is the a way around this? Because I want to use Kolibri, but they are 2.0m wide (1.0 big squares) while the Ion is 1.7m wide (0.85 big squares.) Given the payload area is at least 1.5m wide, I can't hide the engines and get it to scale.
Unfortunately, there is no way to shrink engines, so you are gonna have to use something else.

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Unfortunately, there is no way to shrink engines, so you are gonna have to use something else.
Right, so my current plan is to use Kolibri for stage one, Ion for the other two stages, and make the rocket a fraction wider to cover most of the engine. I have figured out how to get Separation, even with the Fairing, working properly.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Right, so my current plan is to use Kolibri for stage one, Ion for the other two stages, and make the rocket a fraction wider to cover most of the engine. I have figured out how to get Separation, even with the Fairing, working properly.
Nice, that seems like a plan.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Yeah, big squares are 1m x 1m. Little squares are half metre

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Final Submission for Task 1: Replicate real rocket, Gilmour Space Technologies Eris to scale and life designed payload to IRL mission spec orbit.

Technical Details:

Three Stage Hybrid Rocket.
Payload 500kg 1.5m wide max.
SSO 500km orbit.
Australian made, which is why it is failing, self-effacing pun intended.

2020-12-22 20.33.07.png
Screenshot_2020-12-23-15-05-39.png

Attachments

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Final Submission for Task 1: Replicate real rocket, Gilmour Space Technologies Eris to scale and life designed payload to IRL mission spec orbit.

Technical Details:

Three Stage Hybrid Rocket.
Payload 500kg 1.5m wide max.
SSO 500km orbit.
Australian made, which is why it is failing, self-effacing pun intended.

View attachment 51829 View attachment 51830
Nice replica, seems very accurate. The Empress will have to approve it.

Junipurr

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Final Submission Task 3: Build Space Station in Leo with no cheats, and the following components:

4 Launches total.
Solar Panels (Launch 1 and 4.)
Own propulsion system (Launch 1 and 4.)
Escape ship seperate from other dockets ships or main propulsion system (Launch 2.)
Hab Complex (Launch 3.)

Attachments

SFSAbhishek

/<***@Intricate Crafts are Mine✓***>\
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Final Submission Task 3: Build Space Station in Leo with no cheats, and the following components:

4 Launches total.
Solar Panels (Launch 1 and 4.)
Own propulsion system (Launch 1 and 4.)
Escape ship seperate from other dockets ships or main propulsion system (Launch 2.)
Hab Complex (Launch 3.)
Don't you think that this Rocket design is not aerodynamically correct