My Projects

G

Ghost220819

I rebuilt the engine core on my shuttle, changing out the Titan for four Frontiers. Here's it lifting 200t off the launchpad:
Screenshot_20210918-162619_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Screenshot_20210918-162624_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Well it can lift itself, it's pretty good

G

Ghost220819

Here is my mediocre attempt at the F-1. It can't fly but I'll see what I can do about that.
Screenshot_20210920-191538_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
F-1_rocket_engine.jpg

T

TtTOtW

Steel Behemoth Nice basic recipe, clearly meant primarily for LEO or not far beyond that, and let me be clear: that's not bad, just a definitive characteristic. One negative on the second shuttle especially is that because you clip tanks into the spine of the load bay, the potential load in the build screen is compromised size wise. So a matter of load dimensions, and that's always been a factor for me. The nose is simple, unorthodox and with some imagination (key to this game) much can be made of it. Nice shuttle, I personally like the shuttle's engine setup but it is overkill. The booster should be doing part of lifting the shuttle, not only lifting itself. There is some unnecessary engine mass in your shuttle. you might as. Note that if the shuttle can't lift itself when loaded (max load to LEO), that's good. It may lift itself unloaded or not. It means that the booster is significant in the equation and will fall away once the loaded shuttle can continue to LEO, losing unneeded engine mass. But you are on a good shuttle design trajectory. Well done.

G

Ghost220819

Steel Behemoth Nice basic recipe, clearly meant primarily for LEO or not far beyond that, and let me be clear: that's not bad, just a definitive characteristic. One negative on the second shuttle especially is that because you clip tanks into the spine of the load bay, the potential load in the build screen is compromised size wise. So a matter of load dimensions, and that's always been a factor for me. The nose is simple, unorthodox and with some imagination (key to this game) much can be made of it. Nice shuttle, I personally like the shuttle's engine setup but it is overkill. The booster should be doing part of lifting the shuttle, not only lifting itself. There is some unnecessary engine mass in your shuttle. you might as. Note that if the shuttle can't lift itself when loaded (max load to LEO), that's good. It may lift itself unloaded or not. It means that the booster is significant in the equation and will fall away once the loaded shuttle can continue to LEO, losing unneeded engine mass. But you are on a good shuttle design trajectory. Well done.
Thank you for the input. I will take all of this into consideration when I do modifications. The Beluga shuttle, with a small payload, can go pretty much anywhere from my testing, although that testing was in my planet pack.
Tolania - Development Thread
I will test the shuttle to see if it can carry its full payload of 120t to Jupiter and return to Earth.

This is actually sick,
could you give us the blueprints (of the Space Hotel) cause it looks lit, or just give me a source since i see it‘s siryonkee’s originally?

G

Ghost220819

This is actually sick,
Thank you!
could you give us the blueprints (of the Space Hotel) cause it looks lit, or just give me a source since i see it‘s siryonkee’s originally?
I don't give out blueprints, sorry. The one time I did was cos somebody wanted to use a custom engine I built. I can't remember which thread has siryonkee's built, but if I find it I will let you know.[/QUOTE]

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
This is actually sick,
That profile pic is slightly touching the edges of what's inappropriate. As a mod I kindly ask you to choose another one. :)

G

Ghost220819

TtTOtW I've taken two engines off the shuttle and it can reach LEO at full load (200t) with 35% fuel remaining.
Screenshot_20211028-161010_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Screenshot_20211028-161127_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Screenshot_20211028-161243_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Screenshot_20211028-161246_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Screenshot_20211028-161351_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Screenshot_20211028-161520_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Screenshot_20211028-161551_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

As for fuel tanks clipped into the fairings, it's only a two wide edited tank and the fairing size is the maximum unedited.
Screenshot_20211028-160541_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg