Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
I really wish there was a 4th rank right now. So I could complete it and then judge Hawk! Hawk is just far more active.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Privilege suggestions are welcome if indicated which rank they'd be for. :)

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Hello everyone!

I have two announcements to make.

One is that we are looking into overhauling the rank system. To this end, we'd welcome any feedback about the current system, or ideas for improvements. Suggest them to us here or in a DM. :)
Don't expect the new system to come out soon, it's a big task! But to reassure all doubts, your team ranks will carry over into the new system, you won't have to start from scratch if you have a Team Titan, Team Frontier or Team Hawk badge.

The second announcement may be more immediately interesting, as of right now we shall be taking applications for rank mission judges.
Their job will be to evaluate mission submissions, and to ping an admin if they are satisfactory according to the publicly posted guidelines. Or to provide appropriate feedback to the submitter if they are not. It is our hope that having judges will allow for quicker evaluation of submissions and thus quicker rewarding of badges, as an admin* will be quickly rewarding the badge upon the conclusion of the judge's evaluations. We shall trust them to evaluate well, and to foster a postive environment of improvements amongst people submitting missions. :)

For now, all judges shall be team hawk, and they can officially evaluate submissions up to one rank lower, aka judges can evaluate team titan and team frontier submissions. Forum staff will still be the only ones in charge of evaluating of team hawk submissions.
If you are of team hawk and you feel you could be a good judge, DM a member of staff!

*An admin is required due to limitations in the forum's software.
Can I hop in after my hiatus? :p

ILovespace3

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Team Redstone-Atlas: Button would be red obviously :p

Privileges:
Edits to posts over 24 hours after original post
Gets slight admin powers, such as rank restricting someone or closing a thread, but ONLY when allowed to by a true admin or moderator.
File limit gets increased from 20 to 40.
Be applicable to be a admin or moderator

So basically this rank makes you a mini-admin

Noor Nehan

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Team Redstone-Atlas: Button would be red obviously :p

Privileges:
Edits to posts over 24 hours after original post
Gets slight admin powers, such as rank restricting someone or closing a thread, but ONLY when allowed to by a true admin or moderator.
File limit gets increased from 20 to 40.
Be applicable to be a admin or moderator

So basically this rank makes you a mini-admin
Rank restricting someone is kinda too "Admin" thing.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
That part isn't realistic, this would imply giving judges some moderators/admin powers. We would only give such powers to members we trust enough to use them wisely. It's a responsibility, moderators usually go through a trial period before being given those powers, we can't give them simply based on the fact that one passed the challenges. Even if our authorization is required to perform any action, we can't take the risk of giving those powers to somebody that wouldn't show himself cooperative.
Imagine giving admin powers to TtTOtW...

Noor Nehan

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
That part isn't realistic, this would imply giving judges some moderators/admin powers. We would only give such powers to members we trust enough to use them wisely. It's a responsibility, moderators usually go through a trial period before being given those powers, we can't give them simply based on the fact that one passed the challenges. Even if our authorization is required to perform any action, we can't take the risk of giving those powers to somebody that wouldn't show himself cooperative.
TtTOtw.if I remember him correct, he was a MENACE

ILovespace3

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I understand. I'm once again raising my hopes too high...

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Team Ion take 2

Badge color: light blue
Badge text: Team ION
Text color: darker blue

Team Ion.png

The badge.

Requires Team Hawk

Challenges
1. Jupiter 4 or reusable grand tour (no orbital assembly, less than 500 tons)
2. Complete Moon^2
3. Enter low solar orbit with no gravity assists, less than 50 tons.
4. "Replica challenge but with a reusable rocket and accurate recovery hardware and functionality." -Idkgeek
5. Kiloton rover
6. etc...

Privlidges
Unlimited editing time
Locking of one's own thread.
Custom text colors
Text highlighting
Very big signiture
etc...