Weird things in sfs

S

Sportgus

Apparently the lower metallic part of probes is able to clip into parts without using part clipping.
Screenshot_20220718-152933.png

I just recently found out about this.

Idkgeek

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Very frustrating especially when you're docking large crafts and it's laggy.

If it was in 1.4 then I don't think it works anymore.
I've made a mod for forcless Docking port that i can share if you like?

So I was messing around with a shuttle and it's cargo bay, which looks like this:
View attachment 83991
I have staging so that the fairing gets activated but has detach edges off and some seperator get activated, then I put on RCS, control one half of the bay with an RCS probe thingy and dock the upper port to the side facing one. Then the cargo can be deployed and accessed, that is what is supposed to happen. This is what happened when I try it:
I have the shuttle on the pad with no gravity,
View attachment 83990
I activate the staging, RCS and undock the port.
View attachment 83992
View attachment 83993
Now normally if you didn't move the bay away from the bottom port it would attract it and redock but that doesn't happen.
View attachment 83995
The bay is docked to the shuttle and locked in place forever, it's similar to the bug I showed before with docking ports. For some reason it locks into place and sometimes bugs out like this:
View attachment 83996
This is what happened when I opened the bay up. I have not bp edited the shuttle or clipped anything. This may be caused by the recent update, but I don't know.

Just tried to make two small rcs drones undock and redock and this still happens.
Happens sometimes when i disconnect my side seperators with no gravity..

S

Sportgus

"Separator Drive"

A week or two ago I found a hilarious bug which makes separators give you thousands out meters per second of velocity.

Here is a demonstration:
Screenshot_20230305-220821.png

Simply two separators and a probe, they must be assembled like this:
Screenshot_20230305-220845.png

A simple setup which weighs only 3.8t
Screenshot_20230305-220907.png

Watch what happens when I activate the top separator
Screenshot_20230305-220915.png

Look at my velocity! 325m/s out of nowhere! This can be scaled up to give a lot more speed.
Screenshot_20230305-220948.png

The only thing changed here is that the separator is adapting to an 8 wide fairing. For some odd reason this enhances the velocity greatly, now watch my velocity again.
Screenshot_20230305-221008.png

604m/s from basically the same mass. This can be scaled up once more to give the most I could get out of the tests I did.
Screenshot_20230305-221029.png

Screenshot_20230305-221051.png

Screenshot_20230305-221056.png

11.7km/s!! All I did was add three of them.
I called this the Fuckatron
You can easily recreate this and test out different designs for yourself, which I encourage because I want to see just how much you can get out of this bug.
Here is a video to show it was 100% vanilla:
I don't know if anyone has seen this before, and if you have please share your experience.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
"Separator Drive"

A week or two ago I found a hilarious bug which makes separators give you thousands out meters per second of velocity.

Here is a demonstration:
View attachment 99977
View attachment 99978
View attachment 99979
View attachment 99980
Look at my velocity! 325m/s out of nowhere! This can be scaled up to give a lot more speed.
View attachment 99981
The only thing changed here is that the separator is adapting to an 8 wide fairing. For some odd reason this enhances the velocity greatly, now watch my velocity again.
View attachment 99982
604m/s from basically the same mass. This can be scaled up once more to give the most I could get out of the tests I did.
View attachment 99983
View attachment 99984
View attachment 99985
You can easily recreate this and test out different designs for yourself, which I encourage because I want to see just how much you can get out of this bug.
I don't know if anyone has seen this before, and if you have please share your experience.
Wow, funny. Probably the cheapest way to go interstellar! :eek:

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
"Separator Drive"

Here is a demonstration:
View attachment 99977
View attachment 99978
View attachment 99979
View attachment 99980
View attachment 99981
View attachment 99982
View attachment 99983
View attachment 99984
View attachment 99985
You've probably discovered the SFS equivalent to KSP's 'Kraken Drive'.

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
This bug was reported in SFS discord recently with nice videos.

But you still have to spend separators like fuel. While acarii drives works endlessly without fuel at all and only accelerate a little slower. :)

ASC

Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
holy, this is insane, although... seperator drives... is banned. any exploits is banned from ranked mission prob.

S

Sportgus

This bug was reported in SFS discord recently with nice videos.

But you still have to spend separators like fuel. While acarii drives works endlessly without fuel at all and only accelerate a little slower. :)
I'd like to see that

The epic chicken

Grim Reaper
Asteroid Contest Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
"Separator Drive"

Here is a demonstration:
View attachment 99977
View attachment 99978
View attachment 99979
View attachment 99980
View attachment 99981
View attachment 99982
View attachment 99983
View attachment 99984
View attachment 99985
That's one way too go fast I guess

S

Sportgus

"Separator Drive"

Here is a demonstration:
View attachment 99977
View attachment 99978
View attachment 99979
View attachment 99980
View attachment 99981
View attachment 99982
View attachment 99983
View attachment 99984
View attachment 99985
Apparently one factor making them go so fast is that when separators are adapting to something closer to its maximum adaptation it will separate with more force. But still these are very uncertain, with order of parts in the blueprint sometimes affecting results somehow.
I've managed to go faster than 11km/s, funnily by adding mass in some parts
Here's 36km/s
Screenshot_20230814-175134.png

Screenshot_20230814-175149.png

24km/s:
Screenshot_20230814-175847.png

Screenshot_20230814-175856.png

S

Sportgus

Something else, I put a line of 5 "separator things" and got 59.9km/s. I've gotten this result in another experiment, having a separator with a fuel tank and making the mass negative so the total mass is as close to 0 as possible. The limit before the game started to crash or bug I got shot 59km/s

S

Sportgus

S

Sportgus

Another wacky result, when aiming down I got two separators to sit next to each other and slide into each other, then get shot upwards at high speeds.
Demonstration

S

Sportgus

So somebody else by the name Se experienced weird atmosphere buggyness as well.
Screenshot_20231026-221847.png
They launch a slightly abnormal looking rocket with a solar panel for some reason, then stage which separates the capsule from the rocket and stage again to activate the parachute. This somehow caused the capsule and separator to break with the parachute by itself spazzing out in the upper atmosphere.
They provided me the bp which has no edited parts in it (I was able to replicate the behavior but only once). Seems like they have been able to get consistencies
Sone of our conversation
Screenshot_20231026-222130.png