Trans Neptunian Objects (Dwarf Planets beyond Neptune)

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Okay, I've made this pack that includes the most important Trans Neptunian Objects, the Dwarf Planets Pluto, Haumea, Makemake, Eris, Sedna and their moons of course!

A little about each planet:

Pluto: Includes all the moons: Charon, Nix, Hydra, Kerberos and Styx.

About the Irregular moons I have to say, that when I made them I found that they are just too small for the SFS scale. One of them had 325 meters of radius. So I decided to multiply their radius by 10. Apart from that they are fine. Their orbits are also realistic.

I honestly can't remember who made the Pluto and Charon textures I'm using. I think it was GuHP20. Anyway, the credit goes to whatever the guy who made them is. Some photos:
_20190622_174925.JPG
_20190622_175424.JPG

Haumea: Includes the moons Hi'iaka and Namaka.

This small moons were very complicated, caise their orbits are sooo close. On real life, they are on different Orbital planes, So every time their orbits cross, they are not on the same plane, and when they are on the same plane, their orbits do not cross...

The problem comes with SFS bidimensionality (there are no planes), So Namaka is completely inside Hi'iaka's SOI, So I had to move One up and the other down to Compensate
_20190622_175221.JPG

Haumea:
_20190622_175233.JPG

Makemake: Includes the moon S2015 (136472) 1. Not more to say about this world:
_20190622_174854.JPG

Makemake:
_20190622_175007.JPG

Eris: Eris, once called the Tenth Planet of the Solar System, and its moon Dysnomia. Both realistically scaled:
_20190622_175320.JPG

(90377) Sedna: Called only "Sedna" in the game. She has a very ellipitic orbit in Real Life (Perihelion = 97 AU, Aphelion = 937 AU). So I placed her in the average distance, cause SFS only has circular orbits. When 1.5 is released and the orbits become ellipitic, I will fix her
_20190622_175339.JPG

Sedna's orbit with the Map all zoomed out:
Screenshot_20190622-180109.png

Not more to say. Here's the pack. Enjoy :) :

Attachments

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Okay, I've made this pack that includes the most important Trans Neptunian Objects, the Dwarf Planets Pluto, Haumea, Makemake, Eris, Sedna and their moons of course!

About the Irregular moons I have to say, that when I made them I found that they are just too small for the SFS scale. One of them had 325 meters of radius. So I decided to multiply their radius by 10. Apart from that they are fine. Their orbits are also realistic.

I honestly can't remember who made the Pluto and Charon textures I'm using. I think it was GuHP20. Anyway, the credit goes to whatever the guy who made them is. Some photos: View attachment 21669 View attachment 21670

This small moons were very complicated, caise their orbits are sooo close. On real life, they are on different Orbital planes, So every time their orbits cross, they are not on the same plane, and when they are on the same plane, their orbits do not cross...

The problem comes with SFS bidimensionality (there are no planes), So Namaka is completely inside Hi'iaka's SOI, So I had to move One up and the other down to Compensate View attachment 21671
Haumea: View attachment 21672

Makemake: Includes the moon S2015 (136472) 1. Not more to say about this world: View attachment 21673
Makemake: View attachment 21674

Eris: Eris, once called the Tenth Planet of the Solar System, and its moon Dysnomia. Both realistically scaled: View attachment 21675

(90377) Sedna: Called only "Sedna" in the game. She has a very ellipitic orbit in Real Life (Perihelion = 97 AU, Aphelion = 937 AU). So I placed her in the average distance, cause SFS only has circular orbits. When 1.5 is released and the orbits become ellipitic, I will fix her View attachment 21681
Sedna's orbit with the Map all zoomed out: View attachment 21684
A beautiful range of stuff there!

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
I'm remaking my planet pack, now it's working.
Well, I moved everything to another folder and tested the pack. It works perfectly fine for me:
Screenshot_20190623-104510.png

A suggestion: wait to the 1.5 update, So you can fix the orbits and make them ellipitic :).
If you remake it now you will have to make another update when 1.5 is released to fix the orbits.
I will say one thing,it is a pity that not haumea shape of the Rugby ball,so a huge thank you
Yeah, Its a shame. I tried to make it with two big mountais but that didn't work, So I just used Deimos shape.
I can use this for my pack, right?
Yeah, but please give some credit to the people who made the planets you are using.

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Not that it matters too much, but Charon and Pluto are really Binaries. The center of gravity between the two is between them, not inside pluto.

I honestly can't remember who made the Pluto and Charon textures I'm using. I think it was GuHP20. Anyway, the credit goes to whatever the guy who made them is. Some photos: View attachment 21669 View attachment 21670

The problem comes with SFS bidimensionality (there are no planes), So Namaka is completely inside Hi'iaka's SOI, So I had to move One up and the other down to Compensate View attachment 21671
Haumea: View attachment 21672

Makemake: Includes the moon S2015 (136472) 1. Not more to say about this world: View attachment 21673
Makemake: View attachment 21674

Eris: Eris, once called the Tenth Planet of the Solar System, and its moon Dysnomia. Both realistically scaled: View attachment 21675

(90377) Sedna: Called only "Sedna" in the game. She has a very ellipitic orbit in Real Life (Perihelion = 97 AU, Aphelion = 937 AU). So I placed her in the average distance, cause SFS only has circular orbits. When 1.5 is released and the orbits become ellipitic, I will fix her View attachment 21681
Sedna's orbit with the Map all zoomed out: View attachment 21684

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Not that it matters too much, but Charon and Pluto are really Binaries. The center of gravity between the two is between them, not inside pluto.
Correct but you can't make such a System with the current planet editor. I Actually tried, But they go out of position.

If I send a rocket to Styx, would it become indestructible?
If I go to Pluto, will I die?
Woof, woof, woof. Kerberos is barking at the astronaut in the capsule.

Fly, fly, fly your probe gently down the Styx
Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily
death is but a dream!
-- Charon. It's the 21st century, I don't row boats anymore.

Good Nyx, sweet dreams.

Anyways, I do like your graphics and textures though.

Last edited:

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
When I load a craft it doesn't loads and when I launch something I just see the launchpad
Could that be a conflict between your own planet pack (which I suppose is installed on your phone) and this one?

Have you tried installing each planet file one after another to see which one caused the problem?

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Could that be a conflict between your own planet pack (which I suppose is installed on your phone) and this one?

Have you tried installing each planet file one after another to see which one caused the problem?
He said it was already fixed