My Station and its construction

N

noire

heres a challenge for you: put lots of rockets onto the docking ports so that you can transfer the entire space station with the rockets from earth orbit into mars orbit

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
Screenshot_20180331-181225.png Aligning Screenshot_20180401-085738.png Docking Screenshot_20180401-085704.png Docked Screenshot_20180401-085808.png Separation Screenshot_20180401-085937.png Reentry Screenshot_20180401-090106.png "Crash" Landing Screenshot_20180401-090120.png Caught on Rebound Screenshot_20180401-090228.png Landed Screenshot_20180401-090257.png Nose cone broke.

First people on my station (Needs a name)! luckily the passenger ship (R4B8) was remotely controlled, but they would have survived anyway! when it crashed, the explosion blew the rest of the ship back up into the atmosphere, but we landed, don't know what happened to the nose cone though :)

Attachments

T

TtTOtW

Here's my IPO (InterPlanetary Orbiter) space Station around Mars. Been building it around Mars so it's been a tough journey...
Screenshot_2018-04-07-02-26-41.png
Screenshot_2018-04-07-02-27-36.png
Station core, for power processing and distribution, and human habitation and work spaces.
Screenshot_2018-04-07-02-31-50.png
Security, Reception, Conference centre (upper lobe) and Luxury living quarters (lower lobe).
Screenshot_2018-04-07-02-32-44.png
Cargo Shuttle in the Supply Transfer Docking Bay. The other one is in the Human Transfer Docking Bay. Though both have human access. That rover between them is there temporarily. It's my Mobile Mars Base rover. An extremely versatile vehicle. Right now it is acting as a temporary solar array.
Screenshot_2018-04-07-02-34-11.png
One of my ridiculously efficient worker drones.

Attachments

T

TtTOtW

Small signs of progress... Added a supply regulation office (right pod) and a repair workshop (left pod). Came with one shuttle return trip. Other shuttle brought the second rover and an addition drone. Gave drones dedicated docking ports. Relocated rovers too, and doubled the temporary solar array.
Screenshot_2018-04-07-16-49-35.png

T

TtTOtW

Screenshot_2018-04-08-01-33-40.png
This is starting to take shape...
Screenshot_2018-04-08-01-35-03.png
The two lower orange pods have been reassigned to food storage (right) and medical supply store (left). The dock between the two is their delivery point. The area is sealed off for sanitation regulation purposes. The upper section is now the maintenance section, with mechanical workshop to the right, and custom fabrication section to the left. The vehicle bay locks up when vacated. It took only one return trip to earth thanks to disposable auxiliary boosters.

T

TtTOtW

Exciting update! station core is complete!
Screenshot_2018-04-08-14-41-30.png
That pointy pod on the left is Station Command Bridge. The one on the right is the executive board room.

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
Here's my IPO (InterPlanetary Orbiter) space Station around Mars. Been building it around Mars so it's been a tough journey... View attachment 232 View attachment 233 Station core, for power processing and distribution, and human habitation and work spaces. View attachment 234 Security, Reception, Conference centre (upper lobe) and Luxury living quarters (lower lobe). View attachment 235 Cargo Shuttle in the Supply Transfer Docking Bay. The other one is in the Human Transfer Docking Bay. Though both have human access. That rover between them is there temporarily. It's my Mobile Mars Base rover. An extremely versatile vehicle. Right now it is acting as a temporary solar array. View attachment 237 One of my ridiculously efficient worker drones.
wow, this is making mine look 100 times worse, how long did it take you to make

T

TtTOtW

What makes it easier is only having to get the parts into orbit around the earth. The tedious part is flying the cargo shuttles to earth and back every time to fetch it (and more fuel...). But that's the challenge I set for myself with this build.when I'm done here I intend to build my Mars base from equipment supplied to and held at the IPO. I am hoping to build here: https://jmnet.one/sfs/forum/index.php?threads/mile-high-club.112/ and to see some nice competitive builds

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
What makes it easier is only having to get the parts into orbit around the earth. The tedious part is flying the cargo shuttles to earth and back every time to fetch it (and more fuel...). But that's the challenge I set for myself with this build.when I'm done here I intend to build my Mars base from equipment supplied to and held at the IPO. I am hoping to build here: https://jmnet.one/sfs/forum/index.php?threads/mile-high-club.112/ and to see some nice competitive builds
oooohhh intresting, i'll check that out once iv'e uploaded my design for the new UI

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
first astronauts up!, Their names are:..............................., give me some names, decent names only please (crew consists of two males, three females, male dog and an AI)

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
first astronauts up!, Their names are:..............................., give me some names, decent names only please (crew consists of two males, three females, male dog and an AI)
though i think that the dog should be called Stefo M
Again i wish i was good at docking
i'll send you a link to a great tug that i used to put all of the pieces for my space station together with, it makes docking easier

T

TtTOtW

I suggest calling the one male pilot Najmi (Arabic for Star)

T

TtTOtW

He's an excellent, experienced pilot with a (mostly justified) stubborn streak. He sees trouble coming well in advance (to which he owes his success), and he never did lose a ship, though he's had a few close calls... Most astronauts dread being on his team. But those who have, trust him more than their own mother's love.