(1.35 PC) - "Vibe" Class "Horne" Series - Mk. 1

VibeChecker

Man on the Moon
Registered
I recently thought about Space Wars in SFS. I wanted to make a ship specifically designed for destroying a space station or base in one go.
I introduce......
the Vibe Horne Mk. 1 Spaceship
1595051587034.png

1595051600863.png

3 Layers of Engines and Fuel Tanks, 300 Structural Units (designed to be used as some a form of shrapnel)
Effective Range: 2370 km above Terra or Earth's surface, can reach anywhere on Earth with practically no drag to stop it, SSTO.

1595051763611.png

I believe I went overkill on this one. When it entered the atmosphere from a 30x30 kilo orbit, drag didn't stop it and it was still traveling at 1600 km/hr. The ship worked so effectively that I still had 249 structural units on the main remnant of the spacecraft when I slammed it to the ground. The trajectory didn't change that much, which is good for aiming.

The only thing about this is that one must aim it really well to hit a target. If a dotted line showing the trajectory of the rocket after accounting for approximate aerodynamic drag was implemented, then you'd control the Earth.
The idea is to slam a couple of Vibe Horne Mk. 1 into space stations as there is currently a docking mechanism that will help one aim the Vibe Horne for the space station.
A lighter version should be implemented for planets further away like Jupiter (or you could send 300 structural units to a space station).

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
You're supposed to spam the Vibe Horne a couple of times at a destroyer or spacecraft to separate its major components and render it useless. They already come pre-prepared so you could maneuver 15 Vibe Hornes near the launchpad and launch them in only half an hour to an hour.
With how SFS collision physics works, it would be more mass-efficient to launch something that carried many many separate small thingies.

so basically... your vibe is horny. ok, wanna fight agaisnt my battleships?
View attachment 41985
View attachment 41986
View attachment 41987
:oops: I bow to you, sir.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I recently thought about Space Wars in SFS. I wanted to make a ship specifically designed for destroying a space station or base in one go.
I introduce......
the Vibe Horne Mk. 1 Spaceship
View attachment 41982
View attachment 41983
3 Layers of Engines and Fuel Tanks, 300 Structural Units (designed to be used as some a form of shrapnel)
Effective Range: 2370 km above Terra or Earth's surface, can reach anywhere on Earth with practically no drag to stop it, SSTO.

View attachment 41984
I believe I went overkill on this one. When it entered the atmosphere from a 30x30 kilo orbit, drag didn't stop it and it was still traveling at 1600 km/hr. The ship worked so effectively that I still had 249 structural units on the main remnant of the spacecraft when I slammed it to the ground. The trajectory didn't change that much, which is good for aiming.

The only thing about this is that one must aim it really well to hit a target. If a dotted line showing the trajectory of the rocket after accounting for approximate aerodynamic drag was implemented, then you'd control the Earth.
The idea is to slam a couple of Vibe Horne Mk. 1 into space stations as there is currently a docking mechanism that will help one aim the Vibe Horne for the space station.
A lighter version should be implemented for planets further away like Jupiter (or you could send 300 structural units to a space station).

i forgot the name for that thing
its its uh uh

ahh Kinetic bombardment (thou if im right?)

Jupiter

the biggest planet in the solar system.
Registered
quicksaves are for the fearful, i am fearless

You filled the game with mods...
technically yes, but most are information mods, none of them affect gameplay

*cough cough* there's a mod that allows you to teleport to different spaceships *cough cough*
there is, but it is very buggy so i dont recommend using it.

what mods are in your PC??
its a mod bundle, i think you can find it on the old mods page

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
quicksaves are for the fearful, i am fearless

So in my state (almost 2 years usin PC version and i haven't even used my qs because it won't work :D :D :D

so in 2 years my fear ran away (if tthat would be the case??)

(2 years just hearin Bee Gees, The Beatles, A-ha other songs which includes how to not land a orbital station, how to crash in mercury, how to land on sun (the challenge/mod i forgot that mod))

Ah yes, the mega mod bundle... I believe I helped you set that up, Jupiter
Also, yeah, I was thinking of "discovering" teleportation and having my agency "beam up" stuff to LEO, but the last time I did that, the mod ended up de-orbiting a manned shuttle :p

T

TtTOtW

Ah yes, the mega mod bundle... I believe I helped you set that up, Jupiter
Also, yeah, I was thinking of "discovering" teleportation and having my agency "beam up" stuff to LEO, but the last time I did that, the mod ended up de-orbiting a manned shuttle :p
Such is the nature of... trying to cheat nature... ;)

Jupiter

the biggest planet in the solar system.
Registered
Ah yes, the mega mod bundle... I believe I helped you set that up, @Jupiter
do i know you from somewhere? as far as i know, the original mega mod bundle was made by someone else, i just modified it to my liking. i dont remember who the original author was though...