1.5 Merlin Development thread

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Well new section new Merlin this is a 100% fully reusable version with a twr of 1.18 with a payload of 160 tons. Introducing the Merlin-7B the last 1.4 Merlin and the basis for all new 1.5 versions.
Screenshot_20200604-183919.png

Also instead of making a new thread for each Merlin I'm going to have just 1 thread per update to cover Merlin upgrades and new variants.

Attachments

Aiden

Registered
Well new section new Merlin this is a 100% fully reusable version with a twr of 1.18 with a payload of 160 tons. Introducing the Merlin-7B the last 1.4 Merlin and the basis for all new 1.5 versions. View attachment 38708

Also instead of making a new thread for each Merlin I'm going to have just 1 thread per update to cover Merlin upgrades and new variants.
Are you having some problems with fairings? I use them on core stages of my falcon 9's and they seem to be working differently. I use to be able to access the solar pannels etc hidden under them but now they just seem to detach when touched.

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Are you having some problems with fairings? I use them on core stages of my falcon 9's and they seem to be working differently. I use to be able to access the solar pannels etc hidden under them but now they just seem to detach when touched.
That's a change with 1.5. That was actually a bug, the top part is always the one that's activated now.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Well time to get to work on a next gen Merlin also TtTOtW you know that clip you send me of the booster separation of your shuttle could you resend that but in 1.5 graphics I think it would look stellar

T

TtTOtW

Well time to get to work on a next gen Merlin also TtTOtW you know that clip you send me of the booster separation of your shuttle could you resend that but in 1.5 graphics I think it would look stellar
As soon as this bug is patched...

I lost all of my builds and quick saves. The rockets were mangled, and I now have to fully restart. SFS runs slower now than it did on 1.4 I think I’m going to revert honestly.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
I lost all of my builds and quick saves. The rockets were mangled, and I now have to fully restart. SFS runs slower now than it did on 1.4 I think I’m going to revert honestly.
Idk i think this is just on a case to case basis the more saves and .bp you had then I think the game just fails at converting them idk I would try again see if maybe it was a one off occurrence

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
I'm proud to announce the first 1.5 built Merlin, introducing the Merlin-7C. Its supports the new paint scheme for all new Merlin Rockets.
20200605_135554.png

Attachments

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Have a photo of blueprint graph is ?
What? And if I'm guessing this right you want to see a picture of it in the build screen. It wouldn't really matter you need to .bp edit to make this rocket so that's why I gave a .bp file you can download with the rocket ready to go;).

Space pilot

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
What? And if I'm guessing this right you want to see a picture of it in the build screen. It wouldn't really matter you need to .bp edit to make this rocket so that's why I gave a .bp file you can download with the rocket ready to go;).
I meant build screen not edited bp

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I can put three 12 sized fuel tank in my build screen. Is it perfect ?
If you have access to the 12 wide fuel tanks then it means you have the expansion (at least the parts expansion) so it's fine.
Your build space should be large enough, I've tested it, it's ok.

But as Zeeray said, he manually edited the bp, so you can't recreate it directly ingame. You have to download the blueprint he made available in his message for this.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
So as with the remastered version of the merlin line upon us I decided to start from there as it's a better looking and far more complete version of the Merlin. So first off we have the Remastered Merlin-7A:
20200618_170439.png

Next is the Merlin-7B with more powerful engines as well as a stretched 2nd stage.
20200618_170457.png

20200618_170420.png

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I can put three 12 sized fuel tank in my build screen. Is it perfect ?
The 1.5 build screen is certainly as wide as it was in 1.4. It just looks smaller now because it's taller and you can zoom out more.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend