3.36 tons for a round trip on the moon (no cheats).

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Yep, not to mention they don't need solar power anymore. Let's face it: 1.5 Ion Engines are broken...

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
It is a pity that bp edit is considered to be "cheating" among forum members...
We have higher standards around here. Blueprint editing gives unfair advantages that can’t be achieved by many players *cough cough iOS

I don't know why people buy IOS, they are extremely expensive, with low accessibility and personalization, and are worse in terms of performance, Apple should have gone bankrupt a long time ago.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
It depends. Stretched engines and hidden fuel tanks are treated as cheating. Editing the size of fuel tanks, nose cones, minor part clipping (I mean stuff like custom engines), rotating parts and use of hidden skins isn't a sin in my opinion.

T

TtTOtW

It depends. Stretched engines and hidden fuel tanks are treated as cheating. Editing the size of fuel tanks, nose cones, minor part clipping (I mean stuff like custom engines), rotating parts and use of hidden skins isn't a sin in my opinion.
That's correct.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Yes, a pity that editing engines to make them act like a warp drive from star wars or something is considered cheating. :D

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I agree with that, any kind of bp edit that gives an unfair advantage is considered cheating, though where the line may be drawn can be debated.

Beside bp editing, the use of ion engine is debatable in the context of challenges/records: they are so efficient that somebody that doesn't use ion engines doesn't stand a chance. Of course it's not cheating, ion engines are part of the game, but they are overpowered, at some point it becomes a no-brain procedure to use them. That's why they tend to be forbidden in some challenges, or at least considered in a separate category. Personally I would only use ion engines if I had to put an object in Low Solar Orbit :rolleyes:

That's a nice build otherwise :)