bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
That’s bad. That’s gonna release a lot of sweet water into our salty oceans.
Right? Good thing fresh water only makes up 2.5% of available water. Could you imagine. I shudder to think. I don't think people fully appreciate the consequences of polar warming or there'd be a whole lot more pants shitting going on.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Right? Good thing fresh water only makes up 2.5% of available water. Could you imagine. I shudder to think. I don't think people fully appreciate the consequences of polar warming or there'd be a whole lot more pants shitting going on.
Yes. And the worst is that there are people that tries to turn it into a political problem, like saying is the right-wing’s fault or left-wings fault. No, let’s face it: the climate change is real, and it is everyone’s fault, not a party’s or a government’s, because climate is not going to choose between left or right, is going to affect us everyone unless we stop it.

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Yes. And the worst is that there are people that tries to turn it into a political problem, like saying is the right-wing’s fault or left-wings fault. No, let’s fact: the climate change is real, and it is everyone’s fault, not a party’s or a government’s, because climate is not going to choose between left or right, is going to affect us everyone unless we stop it.
Major confrontations are a very real possibility. I'd say expected. When someone is starving property lines get really murky. I don't believe we'll make any difference. The planet sure as hell doesn't care. Probably going thank God thin this infestation out!

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Yes. And the worst is that there are people that tries to turn it into a political problem, like saying is the right-wing’s fault or left-wings fault. No, let’s face it: the climate change is real, and it is everyone’s fault, not a party’s or a government’s, because climate is not going to choose between left or right, is going to affect us everyone unless we stop it.
yes, and if people weren't too idiot or too dumb (just like those who always deny the existence of one particular real thing) probably we can saved earth from its heatymcheatface.

too sad that if we aren't goin to work on this thing, probably our future gen on earth would be slowly dyin in heat while, if elon successfully yeet mars into like earth-ish before we killed our self on this planet, probably we can saved some people from heated terra...

Wsumieniewiem

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Politicans say only about CO2 that is needed for photosynthesis. They don't see real problems: methane, steam or acid rains. We are trying to stop problem, which is technically not a problem (I recommend Freeman Dyson's theory about carbon dioxide)

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Politicans say only about CO2 that is needed for photosynthesis. They don't see real problems: methane, steam or acid rains. We are trying to stop problem, which is technically not a problem (I recommend Freeman Dyson's theory about carbon dioxide)
well on methane, we have starship/super heavy, new glenn and some smol rockets that would use methane, i think they can emit CO2 (after burning methane and LOX) if i'm right which can help plants right?

forgot the methane thing eh?

Wsumieniewiem

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
well on methane, we have starship/super heavy, new glenn and some smol rockets that would use methane, i think they can emit CO2 (after burning methane and LOX) if i'm right which can help plants right?

forgot the methane thing eh?
Yeah, but methane is 20 times more dangerous for enviroment than CO2

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
But in complete hydrocarbons burn, we get water (steam) and carbon diioxide. Water is the most dangerous greenhouse gas.
Yes and no.

Water is a more powerful greenhouse gas than CO2, this is true. But because of the water cycle, it doesn't remain long in the atmosphere. To make it simple, the water that we reject will form some clouds that will dissipate themselves in the form of rain after a few days.

There are also some compensation mechanisms for CO2 (photosynthesis...), but they are not enough to compensate our rejections, so unlike water, CO2 accumulates itself, and the greenhouse effects it generates increases with time.

That's why the CO2 is still considered the biggest problem, even if water is a more powerful greenhouse gas.

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
The problem with global warming is huge quantities of CO² that have been stored in permafrost and the oceans is being rereleased into the atmosphere and it's a feedback loop. Scientists think this similar to the events leading to the current conditions on Venus of course we don't have to worry about that. We be extinct long before then :p

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
The problem with global warming is huge quantities of CO² that have been stored in permafrost and the oceans is being rereleased into the atmosphere and it's a feedback loop. Scientists think this similar to the events leading to the current conditions on Venus of course we don't have to worry about that. We be extinct long before then :p
Is not just the melting of the ice shelf, is also the acid rains and the change in the salinity and temperatures of the oceans. Some ocean currents like the Gulfstream, which is one of the few reasons why Europe is not a permafrost depend on a delicate balance in salinity and temperature of the waters.

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
lets heat it up more!!