Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
I made this rocket that wieghs 5.47 tons, it can make it to LEO and back with still leftover feul.
5.5 tons pic.png

I really don't know if this is a record breaking acchievement or something. Although i would like to know if this a record or not. See video for more details.

Video
5.5 tons to LEO + blueprint

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I made this rocket that wieghs 5.47 tons, it can make it to LEO and back with still leftover feul.
View attachment 103384
I really don't know if this is a record breaking acchievement or something. Although i would like to know if this a record or not. See video for more details.

Video
5.5 tons to LEO + blueprint
I made a rocket, which is 1 ton only, it went to the Moon, landed on the Moon, got back to Earth and landed on Earth. And still had a lot of fuel left in it. Link.

I like challenges without part editing, without any single clipping, and without ion engines, because such challenges leads to engineering and navigational creativity. While challenges with part editing, with clipping and ion engines are almost entirely only "whose way of cheating is the best" type, and that is very sad.

SHΔRD Aerospace

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
it's probably close to a record for the fact that there were no cheats or mods
There is clipping parts cheating.
There is 200% fuel in fuel tank cheating.
There is android module which is cheated to be 0.4 tons instead of 3 tons mass.

And you still think all of this is no cheating? Then my 1 ton rocket is also with not a single cheat - it has all the same properties, android module reduced to even less than 0.4 tons, fuel tank is fulled to 1261% at the start, and i have no mods at all, only original parts. My rocket even has full 0.5 tons ion drive without any reduction of it's weight.

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023

And you still think all of this is no cheating? Then my 1 ton rocket is also with not a single cheat - it has all the same properties, android module reduced to even less than 0.4 tons, fuel tank is fulled to 1261% at the start, and i have no mods at all, only original parts. My rocket even has full 0.5 tons ion drive without any reduction of it's weight.
I didn't specificly state that i wanted to adhere to your rules. this was my personal best and i wanted to see if it had broken any records (turns out it has not broken any records)

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022

Do you have negative mass cheating?

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I didn't specificly state that i wanted to adhere to your rules. this was my personal best and i wanted to see if it had broken any records (turns out it has not broken any records)
Your variation is good too, it is just very not optimized. For example, if you are already using clipping, why not clip all engines vertically? Then you can have much less atmospheric drag and can accelerate with much less fuel spent. There are many other optimizations you still can make within frames of your design as it is, you can still improve your record a lot.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
No records are kept for cheat missions

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Your variation is good too, it is just very not optimized. For example, if you are already using clipping, why not clip all engines vertically? Then you can have much less atmospheric drag and can accelerate with much less fuel spent. There are many other optimizations you still can make within frames of your design as it is, you can still improve your record a lot.
Appreciated

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Made some imporvements
2.78 tons to leo
60% fuel in the single tank.
2 ion engines
no parachute
no heatsheild

2.78.png

SHΔRD Aerospace

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered

oh sorry my files weren't working so it's just assuming it was vanilla because it looked like that