75t Lifter Single Use Acarii Drive (Potentially more)

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
As the title says, this is a single use Acarii that can lift and accelerate 75t of mass, and potentially a little more.
This gives this craft a thrust to weight ratio of 3.5.
I will also state that this has the potential of being optimised, I can imagine it could be so much more than it is currently
image_2023-01-13_114156630.png

https://sharing.spaceflightsimulator.app/rocket/UPJ535M3Ee20-IE9QGRKkw
Any iterations of this craft will be posted in this thread, even if improved beyond 75t​

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
Now that's a lot of ports! When and how much lag do these get?
With a 75t payload, none. My theory currently is the lag is produced due to the increased drag at high speed and low altitude, which causes more interactions, and the game engine, for a lack of better words, shit itself.
But this seems to run perfectly for me, i cant speak for other users though, so you'd have to test it yourself

S

Sportgus

With a 75t payload, none. My theory currently is the lag is produced due to the increased drag at high speed and low altitude, which causes more interactions, and the game engine, for a lack of better words, shit itself.
But this seems to run perfectly for me, i cant speak for other users though, so you'd have to test it yourself
Will test your design, if your theory is correct then turning on no atmospheric drag should negate lag right?

S

Sportgus

Just tested and I overestimated the lag, I'm surprised it handled well. Probably different for you because steam and pc specs but with Acarii drives I usually get a few fps on launch but it eventually stops.
About your drag theory, I suppose it may be true but I turned off drag and got the same results. Maybe there still interactions but they don't affect the velocity?

Last edited by a moderator:

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Another possibility to explain the lag is simply that there are many docking ports interactions as they all attract eachother. If you have n docking ports, you have n×(n-1)/2 pair of docking ports that attract eachother. The number of interactions increases as n², so it could legitimately lead to performance issues at some point.

S

Sportgus

Another possibility to explain the lag is simply that there are many docking ports interactions as they all attract eachother. If you have n docking ports, you have n×(n-1)/2 pair of docking ports that attract eachother. The number of interactions increases as n², so it could legitimately lead to performance issues at some point.
Well yeah that too

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
Certainly a factor, however if that was the leading cause to the lag, it wouldn't subside with altitude