@8BitCosmonaut what happened to the rocket engine?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
The answer may take a while coming, Cosmo is likely gonna be offline for a few weeks, if not longer.

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
He was designing a rocket engine for a suborbital (sounding) rocket. Lt. Snakestrike is part of a similar project in a whole different part of the world.
Unfortunately I'm half of the country away from my project this semester since the US has gone to shit.

T

TtTOtW

Lieutenant Snakestrike's project is a liquid fuelled one, single stage, pressure fed, though not mechanically pressurised, if I remember correctly? Cosmo: solid fuel dual stage I think.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Lieutenant Snakestrike's project is a liquid fuelled one, single stage, pressure fed, though not mechanically pressurised, if I remember correctly? Cosmo: solid fuel dual stage I think.
ah i see i wonder how far it can go :D :D :D

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Something like 30km for one of them if I remember correctly
i'm wonderin whether they usin gyroscopes or more electronic now.....

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
They should put like a go pro camera on it so we can see pictures

so, what degree do you need to make a rocket and rocket engine and a power plant (using solar heat concentrator things, copper tubing in a black box with low e glass on one side, going into a steam engine or steam turbine)

*solar water heater, like for pools

had to do that cause I couldn’t edit the last post
so, what degree do you need to make a rocket and rocket engine and a power plant (using solar heat concentrator things, copper tubing in a black box with low e glass on one side, going into a steam engine or steam turbine)

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Degree? As in educational/training level?

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
You don't need any degree. Not in the US anyway. Only thing that can be a problem is getting a hand on fuel/ox, as they're regulated. However, it's really fucking dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, so I wouldn't really advise it.

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
You don't need any degree. Not in the US anyway. Only thing that can be a problem is getting a hand on fuel/ox, as they're regulated. However, it's really fucking dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, so I wouldn't really advise it.
so the hard part is transportation of fuel/oxidizers because they are regulated.....