A big problem with Android 13

Xremh

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Hi friends!
An update to Android13 was made since the beginning of October. As a result, we cannot move or edit any files in the "Android/data" folder because it is now highly restricted.

Could someone ask Stefan for an update with the "files" folder outside the "Android/data" folder? (like WhatsApp's media folder) or maybe with some game file importer.

Or does anyone know what should be done in my case?

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Hi friends!
An update to Android13 was made since the beginning of October. As a result, we cannot move or edit any files in the "Android/data" folder because it is now highly restricted.

Could someone ask Stefan for an update with the "files" folder outside the "Android/data" folder? (like WhatsApp's media folder) or maybe with some game file importer.

The iOS curse has struck Android, luckily (or not) im stuck on 9 lol.

Anyways, i'm not sure how much Stef can do, if he's even active currently.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
You have to use a file manager. You'll find many on the play store. I use Total Commander for example, but there are many others.

Noor Nehan

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
it also happens to me. i just use es file explorer.

Hi friends!

Xremh

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I tried with "File Manager", "Ex Explorer", "Explorer", "File Manager Pro". Even if I use WinRAR or Total Commander, the problem persists!

I just bought my cell phone. Maybe the new security system design on Android 13 is ridiculously too high.

The application that made the most progress was Total Commander and at end showed this:
Screenshot_20231020-192401.png

Screenshot_20231020-193518.png

Noor Nehan

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
[
I tried with "File Manager", "Ex Explorer", "Explorer", "File Manager Pro". Even if I use WinRAR or Total Commander, the problem persists!

I just bought my cell phone. Maybe the new security system design on Android 13 is ridiculously too high.

The application that made the most progress was Total Commander and at end showed this: View attachment 108408
View attachment 108409
Does ZArchiver work for you?
EDIT:I just checked it now nothing also work for this device now except this.
Screenshot_20231021-123915.png

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend

The application that made the most progress was Total Commander and at end showed this: View attachment 108408
View attachment 108409
The message on the first screenshot mentions an external SD card, are you trying to read files on a SD card or is it a mistake from the app?!

To me it's normal that you get that message, but by choosing "Sí" it should give the app the right to access those directories.

Xremh

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
After installation the name of the app and picture would change to "File Explorer-Xfolder".
It seems good for this challenge but in the end it has the same result as Total Commander. With your recommendation I was able to get more evidence.
The message on the first screenshot mentions an external SD card, are you trying to read files on a SD card or is it a mistake from the app?!
The hardware design of the Motorola edge Neo 30 does not support SD cards. Therefore the message in Total commander is an error. Maybe the internal storage runs on a partition protected. It seems that way from the behavior of the apps.
Below are the pictures for "File Explorer-Xfolder"
1000000803_Edited.jpg

1000000804_Edited.jpg

Screenshot_20231021-080351.png

Screenshot_20231021-075651.png

Screenshot_20231021-080034.png

What steps did I do?

1.- I enter the Android/data folder without problems.
2.- I enter the game folder and I get a message
3.- Now I press "Allow" and look for the "Use This Folder" button
4.- Dam! That button appears blocked!
5.- The system responds with: "to protect your privacy, choose another folder" (What the hell...)

Attachments

Noor Nehan

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
It seems good for this challenge but in the end it has the same result as Total Commander. With your recommendation I was able to get more evidence.

The hardware design of the Motorola edge Neo 30 does not support SD cards. Therefore the message in Total commander is an error. Maybe the internal storage runs on a partition protected. It seems that way from the behavior of the apps.
Below are the pictures for "File Explorer-Xfolder"
View attachment 108432
View attachment 108433
View attachment 108436
View attachment 108435
View attachment 108437
What steps did I do?

1.- I enter the Android/data folder without problems.
2.- I enter the game folder and I get a message
3.- Now I press "Allow" and look for the "Use This Folder" button
4.- Dam! That button appears blocked!
5.- The system responds with: "to protect your privacy, choose another folder" (What the hell...)
Wait, this is unexpected.
I use this thing with ease.
Maybe ask for help in the google forum(or idk what is it.)
Or try new apps.
Ill try other app to see if your problem gets solved.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I made a little search, can you please try FV File Manager? Apparently that app is made to access the files under Android/data unlike others.

Otherwise I also found that video that looks promising. I haven't tried it myself, I would recommend trying FV File Manager first.

Check that and tell us how it goes :)

Xremh

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Thank you very much Altaïr!
It works!
Well, nothing like I expected, because it works with a combination of tips from the video.
FV File Manager is a great application, but by itself it failed to get into the file system. (picture below)
Maybe by learning from all the experiments, I could do the same without installing any apps. I'll do a factory reset on my phone and let you know how it goes.
Screenshot_20231021-153129.png

Noor Nehan

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Thank you very much Altaïr!
It works!
Well, nothing like I expected, because it works with a combination of tips from the video.
FV File Manager is a great application, but by itself it failed to get into the file system. (picture below)
Maybe by learning from all the experiments, I could do the same without installing any apps. I'll do a factory reset on my phone and let you know how it goes.
View attachment 108462
Apple curse has been transferred to Android:p

Xremh

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Apple curse has been transferred to Android:p
Hahaha
:D :D :D :D
Maybe not. [TEA]
I finished my factory reset process and surprisingly the October 10th update was not applied! :oops:
I tried checking for that nasty update using the system update wizard and only the September 1st update was shown.
That was unexpected for me and I hope I'm not daydreaming. He he

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Good to hear, thanks for the feedback :)

Xremh

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Thanks a lot to Noor Nehan and Altaïr for all your support!
This is the process I used to solve this problem without download or disable applications:
1.- Open the Android native file manager app through the configuration panel.
1.1.- In my case I look for “Files” and open the storage option.
1.2.- Then select “Documents and others”
2.- As shown in the video shared by Altaïr:
2.1.- You must open the application menu and select "New window".
2.2.- Detach the app from the full screen.
2.3.- Then press and hold its icon and select "Split top".
2.4.- Select the other instance of the app.
3.- With the screen divided into two. On one side put the downloads folder and on the another one put the game folder.
4.- Finally drag the folder's content over the other, to do this:
4.1.- Press and hold to mark the folder.
4.2.- Release and hold down again so that the drag icon appears.
4.3.- Move it and drop over the game folder.

Done! Screenshot_20231021-235925~2.png Screenshot_20231021-235918~2.png Screenshot_20231021-235944~2.png Screenshot_20231021-235937~2.png Screenshot_20231022-001452.png Screenshot_20231021-235601.png Screenshot_20231021-225916.png Screenshot_20231021-235952~2.png Screenshot_20231021-225945.png Screenshot_20231021-235536.png Screenshot_20231021-235653~2.png Screenshot_20231021-235646~3.png Screenshot_20231021-235525~2.png Screenshot_20231021-235646~2.png

Xremh

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I don't have enought time for edit my last post, sorry for that :eek:
These are the pictures in order ;)