A history of M.E.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Introduction:
M.E. is the initials of Mellenium Enterprises a leader in its field. It develops both its Heavy-Lift reusble rockets, and warships for nations abroad. (In real world time M.E. has been around for over a year. 443days to be exact).

The First Few:
It all started on the 13th of May, 2018. The upstart company Mellenium Enterprises is founded, and with that came the Merlin-1A. A tiny rocket designed for small sat launches. A larger version of the Merlin-1A was the Merlin-1B. It was exactly the same but with a extended first stage. The next logical step was to get bigger and sleeker. The Merlin-2A was exactly that bigger and wrapped all around to make it more areodynamic. The Merlin-2AB was developed as the companies first heavy lift rocket by simply strapping 3 Merlin-2A's together to make one heavy ligt rocket.

The Golden Age:
The company grew and with it so did the rate of new and improved rockets. This time was the golden age of the Merlin line of rockets. They were now known about and they started getting some of their unique features. A goal for the entire company was set to make sure all rockets sold would be partially if not 100% reusable. The first step would be the complete redesign the Merlin-3A. A huge step from the merlins of the past. Its now main feature the 3 engine layout (The 3 engine layout has been kept the same scince the creation of the merlin 3, all the way to now except for the most recent of M.E. rockets). The Merlin-3B finally was the first step into the realm of reusable rockets. (Before this there was some older Merlin-1A's used as test mules to learn how to control a rocket upon re-entry). The Merlin-4A had slight improvements to the booster but the main difference was the disposable boosters. The Merlin-4B was the same idea as the 4A but with more powerful boosters.

The Gap:
This time was a hard time for the company. There was a struggle to come up with new ideas but there was a few diamonds in the rough. The first rocket in this time was the Zumwalt-1A a super heavy launch vehicle that was non-reusable. The Little Jay-1A was a attempt to re-enter the small sat market but was just plain bad. It was to expensive. The Zumwalt-2A was a even bigger version of its predicessor. This time around though it was reusable but there lacked a market at the time for a rocket that big so it failed like the Little Jay. The Merlin-5A was the red-headed step child of the Merlin line of rockets. Being only 2 engines and with a ion-electric re-entry system. It was considered a success to some but still it wasnt helping the company. To help keep the company afloat the third version of the Merlin-4 came out. The Merlin-4C a hybrid of what made the Merlin-4 great and what the Merlin-5 improved upon. The result is what pulled the company out of the "Gap" period.

The Resugence Period:
After the release of the Merlin-4C the company grew and a unpresidented rate. Later the company camw out with the Raptor Concept a next generation Merlin and the succesor to the line. After its development period it was released alongside the minotaur a reusable small sat launch platform. The next big thing to come out of M.E. was the RLS or the Rocket Launch System. A modular rocket system that could be used for almost any medium or large payloads. A direct result of the RLS project was the Kestrel Mk.1 a huge step up from anything M.E. has come up with before. Its the first rocket made by M.E. that is 100% reusable and in its first test flight it proved it could recover a object from space and return it safely to the Earth. The Kestrel Mk.2 was a improvement in every way and came with a few different options of 2nd stages. The Blue Jay was a unique 2nd stage for the Kestrel Mk.2 as it was essentially a shuttle on its own with a crew and cargo areas. Also at the is time was the Havoc Booster a test rig for the 2nd stages for the Kestrel. This booster would later become the first in the Burnan rocket line.

Today:
Lately M.E. has released the Kestrel Mk.3 a bulky version of the Mk2. Along with the new Kestrel Mk.3 is the Blue Jay Mk.2 a new better version of the Mk.1 with a larger cargo bay. The next step was the merging of the Burnan Mk.3 and the Kestrel Mk.3 the result was a amazing rocket. It is the culmination of everything M.E. has created so far.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
This is the main history of M.E. there is still tons of other stuff I didnt cover. Like the colonies the warships. But I didnt want to get into that thats not M.E.'s core those extra things i have caused problems from which I am sorry for. So thats why I stayed away from that. Hopefully this thread isnt ruined with arguements or disagreements or anything like that.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
So you primarily focus on building ships and rocket, not doing the planet land and stuff like that?
Well M.E. is a little confusing. There is three primary branches Millenium Enterprises the corperate section but also runs the rockets, Warhships, and space station side of things. Millenium Transportation the colonies and the colony ships. Then finally there is Mellenium real estate which contols the offices and sells M.E. colonies like the ones on Triton, Pluto, and the Moon.

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Well M.E. is a little confusing. There is three primary branches Millenium Enterprises the corperate section but also runs the rockets, Warhships, and space station side of things. Millenium Transportation the colonies and the colony ships. Then finally there is Mellenium real estate which contols the offices and sells M.E. colonies like the ones on Triton, Pluto, and the Moon.
The moon? I’m afraid you’ve never applied for a permit for that..

T

TtTOtW

That part about the Moon, that's an old conflict. But in short: having been allocated land on Luna for trade is not licence for subletting. You know, Danny, I denied it back then to avoid trouble later. So yes... That was my call.

BUT the current Emperor may rule differently and give you the freedom to allow subletting or sale. Of course I'm only an advisor to the Emperor now.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
That part about the Moon, that's an old conflict. But in short: having been allocated land on Luna for trade is not licence for subletting. You know, Danny, I denied it back then to avoid trouble later. So yes... That was my call.

BUT the current Emperor may rule differently and give you the freedom to allow subletting or sale. Of course I'm only an advisor to the Emperor now.
You never denied it. It was accepted i founded my colony I was never informed on the "breach of contract". Which now when its convinient is being brought up. And i never had a warning. And im 90% sure that there was no part of that contract saying i couldnt sub divide it up.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
You never denied it. It was accepted i founded my colony I was never informed on the "breach of contract". Which now when its convinient is being brought up. And i never had a warning. And im 90% sure that there was no part of that contract saying i couldnt sub divide it up.
Screenshot_20190802-091417.png

This doesnt look like people who have seen a breach in contract. Never once in the original contract or in a DM was there was a notice of a breach of contract.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
And heres that final nail in the coffin the original contract. Never anywhere clarrified sub dividing of my owned property.
Screenshot_20190802-092624.png

Then on top of this all awhile back there was a argument with my defensive weapons on the moon but right there it says i must declare all military actions to SE. I was following the contract.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
And heres that final nail in the coffin the original contract. Never anywhere clarrified sub dividing of my owned property. View attachment 24620
Then on top of this all awhile back there was a argument with my defensive weapons on the moon but right there it says i must declare all military actions to SE. I was following the contract.
Anyways this all pointless if you want the moon you can have it.

T

TtTOtW

You know this is exactly why I told Danny don't sell. Now the SE is out of my hands. Now I ask the lot of you, please don't break down in a day what I built up in 15 months.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
You know this is exactly why I told Danny don't sell. Now the SE is out of my hands. Now I ask the lot of you, please don't break down in a day what I built up in 15 months.
I said i dont really care you guys can have the moon i just said that.

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
I wish I won't loose Lunar Sector 11, it contains the most important Site, Site 01...

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
I wish I won't loose Lunar Sector 11, it contains the most important Site, Site 01...
You wont be affected by anything. No one elses properties are in any problem this thing between SE and ME will be worked out one way or another. I hope the two parties can come to a compromise, that satisfies all involved.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
By the way Jez, If you want I can make a spawnpoint replacement for you, So you can spawn and recover on the Moon, instead of the Earth.

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
By the way Jez, If you want I can make a spawnpoint replacement for you, So you can spawn and recover on the Moon, instead of the Earth.
So... can you do that for me with Titan as well? I won't use it yet though.

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Thanks. I'll be able to switch between the two sets of Earth and Titan files to change launchpad location, I assume?