A working MLRS

Ya so this is a MLRS (Multiple Launch Rocket System, think the Katyusha rocket launcher). To use it, first launch, then open the solar panels (for power), then open one of the landing legs covering the missiles. Then turn the engines on for one of the missiles at the top (it's important to leave the missile attached to the launcher during this step). Once the engine is on, click on the seperator to detach the missile. Wait about 5 seconds for the missile to clear the launcher, then go to the map and switch to the missile. Happy destroying! Try making tiny rovers and sending them out as targets, or building massive rovers and demolishing them for fun.
Also, the MLRS has difficulty moving on non - flat ground, if anyone knows how to fix this just reply. Thanks!
1566849865526.png

First, open the launch tube cover and open the solar panels:
1566850132503.png

Now, turn the engines on for the very top missile, but KEEP THE MISSILE ATTACHED TO THE LAUNCHER:

1566850235657.png

Then click on the connector to release the missile:
1566850269798.png

Then switch to the missile, and happy hunting!

If you're having issues with the missiles on the bottom hitting the walls of the rocket launcher (and destroying it), then instead of throttlign the missile up to 100%, throttle it to about 94%

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Ya so this is a MLRS (Multiple Launch Rocket System, think the Katyusha rocket launcher). To use it, first launch, then open the solar panels (for power), then open one of the landing legs covering the missiles. Then turn the engines on for one of the missiles at the top (it's important to leave the missile attached to the launcher during this step). Once the engine is on, click on the seperator to detach the missile. Wait about 5 seconds for the missile to clear the launcher, then go to the map and switch to the missile. Happy destroying! Try making tiny rovers and sending them out as targets, or building massive rovers and demolishing them for fun.
Also, the MLRS has difficulty moving on non - flat ground, if anyone knows how to fix this just reply. Thanks!
View attachment 26068

First, open the launch tube cover and open the solar panels:
View attachment 26069
Now, turn the engines on for the very top missile, but KEEP THE MISSILE ATTACHED TO THE LAUNCHER:

View attachment 26070
Then click on the connector to release the missile:
View attachment 26071
Then switch to the missile, and happy hunting!
That’s a nice system but I would recommend a more compact design, for example here’s my design,
C5CB247C-E205-4CA7-AC8B-AC54AC8B930B.png
It’s infinitely expandable

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
If you're having issues with the missiles on the bottom hitting the walls of the rocket launcher (and destroying it), then instead of throttlign the missile up to 100%, throttle it to about 94%
You were having that problem due to you using Separators on the side, they gave the missiles horizontal velocity.
The design I just showed circumvents that by having the Separators on the missiles themselves

You were having that problem due to you using Separators on the side, they gave the missiles horizontal velocity.
The design I just showed circumvents that by having the Separators on the missiles themselves
True, your design fixes that. Nice one! Also it allows you to pack more missiles...

lol I'm using the MLRS right now to destroy everything near my launchpad... it's infinitely more fun than clicking each one and clicking "recover"

Any ideas about the inability of the MLRS to travel over rough terrain (right now it can only move on the launchpad)? It gets stuck really easily.