Any mods that make uncontrolled rockets keep going?

Are they any mods that can make uncontrolled rockets keep going?

Every time I have an uncontrolled rocket that is still going (meaning engines on, 100% thrust), at some point it's trajectory just stays still even though the engines are still on and are in 100% thrust. The trajectory of the rocket then starts to change once I switch to it.

Any mods that fix this or nah?

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023

Every time I have an uncontrolled rocket that is still going (meaning engines on, 100% thrust), at some point it's trajectory just stays still even though the engines are still on and are in 100% thrust. The trajectory of the rocket then starts to change once I switch to it.

Not sure why you would want to do this, bu there are no mods that allow this.

Not sure why you would want to do this, bu there are no mods that allow this.
For me it's for SpaceX style rockets that work in RSS. When I switch back to the first stage to land it the second stage is already descending towards Earth and so would need more fuel to reach orbit (which is also pretty unrealistic.)

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
For me it's for SpaceX style rockets that work in RSS. When I switch back to the first stage to land it the second stage is already descending towards Earth and so would need more fuel to reach orbit (which is also pretty unrealistic.)
Fair point.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered

this is because the uncontrolled rocket gets unloaded. I can't think of any simple way to stop this from happening except maybe increasing the loaded distance for rockets substantially but that does not seem smart. the game is only designed to keep things loaded when they are within 5km of the center of the camera, outside that they get timewarp physics, i.e. basically no physics.

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Hwat the fuck

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Uh, could someone ban this guy?

I've heard rumors of a user who claimed to have time-traveled to before their ban was issued, thus arguing they shouldn't be banned in the present. How does the moderation team plan to address claims involving time manipulation, and will there be a specific protocol for verifying such extraordinary circumstances?

Last edited by a moderator:

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Altaïr Mooncrasher What the actual f*ck is going on this week? 3 SPAM BOTS now that's gotta be a clue.
Yeah, we know. Some spammers have been showing great motivation to trash the forum ultimately, we ban tens of account every day.
Don't hesitate to notify us if this happens. You can also fill a report in this case (a single report is enough in case several messages are posted).

QZU344

Swingin' on a Star
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Yeah, we know. Some spammers have been showing great motivation to trash the forum ultimately, we ban tens of account every day.
Don't hesitate to notify us if this happens. You can also fill a report in this case (a single report is enough in case several messages are posted).
Alright finally

Yourrandomcomrade

Moon Maker
Man on the Moon
Registered
Alright I’m not a mod in this forum , but WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS GOING ON , DONT BE A SHEIβ POSTER , DONT BE A WEIRDO NO , NO ONE IS TIMETRAVELING , NOT EVEN ELON MUSK FIGURED THAT OUT WITH BILLIONS OF DOLLARS , DONT BE A WEIRDO ON THIS LITTLE FORUM AND WE’LL LIKE IT TO STAY THAT WAY

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Alright I’m not a mod in this forum , but WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS GOING ON , DONT BE A SHEIβ POSTER , DONT BE A WEIRDO NO , NO ONE IS TIMETRAVELING , NOT EVEN ELON MUSK FIGURED THAT OUT WITH BILLIONS OF DOLLARS , DONT BE A WEIRDO ON THIS LITTLE FORUM AND WE’LL LIKE IT TO STAY THAT WAY
The fact that he couldn't avoid a ban for himself says much about how he should be trusted. :)

I've restored an occurrence of the message for context (and removed the link) because retrospectively it's funny.