Area 51

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
What is up with people and the Groom Lake area?

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
How many people are signed up now?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Erm, probably, but not in the way you think.

Like, everyone thinks that the act of stopping them using force, especially lethal will be difficult. Can't possibly shoot enough people, fast enough, to stop 1.6 million people. I'd say that if the US government really wanted to make an example and hose them all, it'd take maybe an hour or 2.
You only have to look at casualty statistics from WWI, and that was against people shooting back, using cover etc. A million people in open desert?
Easy. You wouldn't even have to go nuclear.

And I'd be a bit more creative than humvees fitted with Dillon miniguns.
I'd ask for 4x M270 MLRS, 12x flat racks of missiles (3 per launcher). A single 12 missile strike from one will reduce a 1000m x 1000m area of desert of all life, from Battle Tanks to Bacteria.
Or 3x AC-130 gunships.
Or a 6x B-52D Stratofortresses, big belly mods, and go all Arc Light on the place.

Nah, all that will happen is they'll break in, beat up some guards, break loads of things and discover not a single alien, anywhere. Because the US is many things, but dumb enough to keep proof of alien life in the exact place that everyone knows it is, it isn't.

And then once the crowd is done, and bored, and goes home, then the US will do its thing, and start arresting fools. But this is where things are going to get difficult. It doesn't have the facilities to detain anywhere near that amount of people for any length of time. Especially not in the middle of the Nevada desert.

You'd not even need a million people to get in. Anything over say, 10,000, and entry would be a forgone conclusion. You'd need the bigger numbers to get away afterwards though.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
why would they blow up their own research center
That's why they wouldn't go nuclear. Although, smaller tactical warheads using Tomahawks or air dropped cruise missiles, MOABs etc, would maybe (if you were careful) not trash the surface base, but it certainly wouldn't harm the underground stuff that is 'apparently' there for the alien testing etc

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
But technically this is a threat to national security so everyone who actually goes is liable for capital punishment in the state of Nevada, I think

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
But technically this is a threat to national security so everyone who actually goes is liable for capital punishment in the state of Nevada, I think
Then it'll be hilarious if they got read the Riot Act and then the missiles started coming in.

They won't though. This isn't N. Korea.

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered

Like, everyone thinks that the act of stopping them using force, especially lethal will be difficult. Can't possibly shoot enough people, fast enough, to stop 1.6 million people. I'd say that if the US government really wanted to make an example and hose them all, it'd take maybe an hour or 2.
You only have to look at casualty statistics from WWI, and that was against people shooting back, using cover etc. A million people in open desert?

I'd ask for 4x M270 MLRS, 12x flat racks of missiles (3 per launcher). A single 12 missile strike from one will reduce a 1000m x 1000m area of desert of all life, from Battle Tanks to Bacteria.
Or 3x AC-130 gunships.
Or a 6x B-52D Stratofortresses, big belly mods, and go all Arc Light on the place.

Nah, all that will happen is they'll break in, beat up some guards, break loads of things and discover not a single alien, anywhere. Because the US is many things, but dumb enough to keep proof of alien life in the exact place that everyone knows it is, it isn't.

And then once the crowd is done, and bored, and goes home, then the US will do its thing, and start arresting fools. But this is where things are going to get difficult. It doesn't have the facilities to detain anywhere near that amount of people for any length of time. Especially not in the middle of the Nevada desert.

You'd not even need a million people to get in. Anything over say, 10,000, and entry would be a forgone conclusion. You'd need the bigger numbers to get away afterwards though.
Nah man, just drop some Napalm on them.
F100_Napalm.gif

Or maybe just head them off with civil blockades when they see the horde coming across the desert a hundred miles away, maybe allow a few cameras in to extinguish the fervor...
Is this some sort of real movement by conspiracy nutz?
1.6M pledge support, 1.6K manage to get the right day off from Starbucks

AstronautAdam

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered

Or 3x AC-130 gunships.

Cough...modern Beach Omaha and Day D...Cough

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Erm, apart from resurrecting a nearly 2 year old post for some random reason, what are you trying to say? That people breaking into area 51 would in any way be equivalent to D Day...?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
So let me unpack all this, just so I'm sure.

You're saying that D-Day, Operation Overlord, at the time the largest invasion in human history, still the largest seaborne invasion ever conceived, the culmination of likely millions of man-hours of planning, one of the most complete deception efforts in modern warfare, several years of strategic thinking, photographing every square inch of the coast of western Europe and a logistic chain spanning a quarter of the planet, involving 132,000 men carried by 5,000 ships in the first wave alone, 24,000 paratroopers delivered by 1,200 aircraft, a preparation bombardment involving 5 battleships (amongst many, many other warships), and a one thousand bomber airstrike is equivalent to a bunch of redditors running past the gate guard at area 51 and spray painting a few walls?

Please, don't tell me that is what you think.

AstronautAdam

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Heh, uhm no just only metaphora or something that.(in slovak is Metafora-something same as something but not real state) Something as He has big eyes(hungry but its not possible eat all)